Take Me to the Races

Death Proof

“Abigail Andrews get up!” My dad shook me awake. I groan, turning trying to get away from him and go back to sleep. When it registered in my head that he said my full name, I open my eyes to look up at his anger face.
“Why am I in trouble? It’s a weekend I can sleep in.” I snuggle into my pillow.
“It’s about the jingle jangle at Nick St. Clair’s party. Now get up and get dress, we have to go to the Cooper’s house.” He tugs the pillow out from under my head and throws it by my feet. He walks out of my room, shutting the door with one last order to get ready.
I got up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I went back to my room to change into a pair of blue jeans and purple v neck, before brushing my hair. I meet my dad by the door. “I didn’t do any drugs.” I shook my head.
“You didn’t stand up for what right either. Isn’t that what I taught you?” He looks disappointed. I hated it, it was so much worse than when he was upset. I look down at my feet, not being able to meet his eyes. He didn’t know how much of what I do is against what he taught me. “Let’s go next door.” He let out sigh. We walk over and knock on the red door. It opens to reveal the stern look of Alice Cooper.
“Come insider.” She opens the door. She led us into the living room. I held in a groan when I saw that we were the first one there. I sat down on the chair that was across from the couch. Slowly, the Lodges, the McCoys, and the Mantles enter the Cooper’s living room.
Reggie went to sit on the arm of the chair I was sitting in when Mrs. Mantle stop him. “Get away from her. If she wasn’t at that party, you wouldn’t have even gone.” She glares at me. Reggie move to stand by her side by the fireplace.
“How about making your son take some personal responsibility?” Dad grips the back of the chair I was sitting on. She scoffs believing that her son only fault was his interest in me.
“Where are Betty and Archie?” Mrs. Lodge asks.
“Yes, I would like to get this over with.” Mr. Lodge nod in agreement with his wife.
“I called Betty, she’ll be here soon. I’ll make us some tea and coffee.” Mrs. Cooper walks into the kitchen.
“Same goes for Archie.” Dad announce to the room. We sat in silence as we waited.
I let out a sigh of relief when Betty and Archie walk into the room. I thought I was going to suffocate on the tension building in living room that was feeling smaller with each person that joins us. “Riverdale's best and brightest, huh?” Mrs. Cooper put down a tray filled with cups of tea and coffee.
“Alice, thank you for hosting,” Mayor McCoy nods to the woman.
“Of course Mayor McCoy, when I heard what happened at Nick's party, I decided that we should come together to deal with this motley crew of liars, dope-fiends, and fornicators. Except for my Betty, who was smart enough to leave the party before it descended into a bacchanalian free for all,” I roll at my eyes at her having to praise her parenting skill, while insulting everyone else's.
“Oh my God Mom, please don't.” Betty groans.
“So, this is for clarity, Alice. You're hosting this little get-together to what? Gloat,” Dad narrows his eyes at the snake posing as a woman.
“I didn’t take any jingle jangle either, but you don’t see my dad tasteless bragging.” I butt in, not liking how self righteousness she was. Dad shot me a nasty glare, letting me know he works alone.
Veronica, Archie, and Kevin were whispering back and forth to each other. Mrs. Cooper clears her throat to put an end to that.
“Careful throwing stones there, acid-queen Alice. I'm not the only one in this room that knows the story behind that mug shot that your daughter printed in her paper.” Mr. Lodge shot back. Like Mrs. Lodge I had to press my lips together to hide my smile.
Mrs. Cooper looks over at Betty like she was getting angry all over again for what she did. “Well I, for one, would like to know who brought the Jingle Jangle to the party.” Mrs. Lodge ask to my disappointment bring the topic back to the matter at hand.
Reggie raise his hand to have his mom smack it down, although it was too late everyone saw it. “Reginald not a single word out of your mouth until we get a lawyer,” His mom scolds him.
“No, all Reggie needs to tell us is how he acquired it.” Mr. Lodge promise to give Reggie ammonite. I look over at the Sheriff who nods his head in agreement. I held my breath, not believe what was going to happen right before my eyes. Even, though I predict it I still couldn’t believe it.
“Some gang member who deals on the Southside,” Reggie stares at his feet, not wanting to meet his mom’s eyes.
“Oh, my God, you have a dealer?” Mrs. Mantle stares in shock at her son. I bite my lip to stop from asking her who was at fault for Reggie doing that.
“Once again, Mayor, the Southside is the source of all our problems.” Mr. Lodge looked almost smugly at the Mayor.
“Was he a Serpent? Does he go to Southside High?” Sheriff asks.
“I think so, yeah.” Reggie nods. I let out the breath I was holding. I couldn’t be more grateful that Reggie didn’t think anything of there being a skull on the back of the jacket instead of a snake. All he saw was leather and assume it was the only gang he knew.
“What does it matter? Not all Serpents are drug dealers.” Archie shook his head, thinking about Jughead.
“Archie, not helping,” Even though he wouldn’t admit it, I knew Dad was happy that the heat wasn’t falling on us.
“Look, we shouldn't have taken the JJ, but Nick's the one who asked Reggie to get it and then pushed it on us. He's the one who roofed Cheryl and tried to assault her. You should be prosecuting Nick St. Clair.” Veronica was upset that Nick was going to get away with it. I went stiff at hearing what she just said. Cheryl almost got raped and nothing was going to be done about it. I could have stopped that from happening if I spoke up. That maybe I could still put a stop from it happening again if I spoke of now, but the words wouldn’t leave my mouth. I hated myself for it, for I knew that Nick would do it again.
“Josie, you took that drug? You put that poison in your system, knowing the way your father's struggled with addiction?” Mayor’s tone fill with hate took me out of myself destructive thoughts. With tears fill in her eyes Josie nods her head. “I see. From this moment on, bringing the Southside under control is my number one priority as mayor. If it means razing it to the ground or arresting every single Serpent in sight, starting at that high school, so be it. Let's go, Josephine, now!” She storm out of the room with her daughter following her. The sheriff left the house next like a man on a mission.
“Dad can I have the keys to the truck?” Archie walk up to dad with his hand held out. With not just my dad but everyone attention on my brother, I pull out my phone to text all the ghoulies numbers that I had to tell them the high school was about to be raided. I told them the police were looking for Serpents, but to take their cuts off anyway to not get mistaken for one.
“Are you out of your mind Archie? What makes you think I would give you car keys after finding out you’re doing drugs?” Dad furrows his eyebrow, wondering about his son thought process.
“That was a onetime thing and I need to get Jughead out of that school.” Archie pleads with his hand still out.
“Jughead doesn’t have to worry he isn’t a serpent.” Dad shook his head. Archie gave dad a pointed look. “He isn’t?” Dad let out a breath in disbelief.
“The last time I went there he was doing the last task to complete his pledging. I’m mad at him for it dad, but I don’t want him to get arrested.” He was practically whining like a dog begging to get let out of his cage. My dad reluctantly drop the keys into his hand and he bolt out the door.
“I can’t believe that you just did that!” Mrs. Cooper yells. My dad walk out like he didn’t hear her and I follow him, like on the way there we didn’t say anything to each other. I went up to my room to lay down, still in disbelief of what happen. The more time I spend on the Northside I could see why the Southside hated it. Mayor McCoy wasn’t raiding Southside High, because she cared about making it safer place for them to learn. She wasn’t even raiding to keep the Northside safe from the drug that was slowly making it way here. No, she was raiding it to keep it away from her daughter. She didn’t care about the drugs polluting the city, until it made its way into her home.

I ran to answer the phone when I saw the ghost emoji across my screen. “None of you got arrest, right?”
“No, none of us got arrested. Thanks to you. I’m sorry my queen. I should have listened to you. If it wasn’t for that bulldog being ignorant, we would have been the ones getting arrested.” I let out a sigh at the deep voice that came through the phone.
“It’s alright Malachai I know sometime I overstep my boundaries.” I shook my head. I wouldn’t have even started that fight if I wasn’t hiding what Nick did to me from him. The longer I kept the secret, the more I felt like I had to keep it to myself.
“No you don’t get to blame yourself, I’m saying sorry for this fight. How could you possibly know what the boundaries are, when I’m constantly blurring them? I tell you to stay out of my business, while saying that I want you to be my eyes and ears.” It felt like a knife was twisting around in my gut with every word. He was giving me his first sincere apology and it felt like it was base on a lie. I might have been right, but that wasn’t what was bothering me.
“Don’t worry, we’ll find a balance.” I reassure him.
“Abby it’s dinner” I hear my dad yell.
“I got to go. I’m on thin ice, since that party. I’ll text you later when I can come over.” I told him, before hanging up the phone. I went downstairs to see spaghetti on the table. I sat down and scoop some noodles and meat into my plate. It wasn’t until I start eating that I notice the tense at the table. Archie was giving my dad his puppy stare while Dad was ignoring him, concentrating on his food.
“Community service? Can't you just ground me, Dad?” He huffs, dropping his fork on his plate.
“Community service was Mayor McCoy's idea, and it's a damn good one if you ask me. You want to put that trash in your body? You can spend the day picking up trash at Pickens Park.” Dad glare at Archie, letting him know there was no getting out of this punishment.
“Why do I have to go I didn’t even do any drugs?” I shook my head. I don’t see why I should be punished, because I couldn’t control a large group of teenagers.
“Because, you were there and you let it happen? Bad things happen when good guys do nothing.” He points his fork at me. I groan, hoping that there wouldn’t be too much trash at the park.

I let out a sigh as I stab a piece of trash with the picker pin they gave each of us. “Can I talk to you?” I look up to see Reggie standing in front of me.
“Sure.” I nod as I took in a Reggie I never seen before. He actually looked nervous to speak to me. For all the vulgar and cheesy pick up lines he told me over the years, I was curious as to what could possible make him nervous.
“Let’s go over here.” He led me away from the group. “I like you. You know that. Everyone knows that. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy our cat and mouse game, but is this going anywhere? Because I find myself having feeling for someone else,” He kept his eyes on me as he random stab the ground to try and look busy. He was ruining the grass more than anything else.
“Josie?” I look over at the pussycat that was texting on her phone.
“Yes, I had a great time at the party with her. I still have feeling for you that doesn’t go away in one night. But, if you don’t feel anything for me, then it’s time to move on.” He looks down to poke through a few pieces of trash.
“I’m sorry I don’t have feeling for you, not like that.” He looks up and opens his mouth, but I interrupted him before he could ask me why. “I don’t know why. It doesn’t make any sense, why I don’t. You’re handsome, funny, and attentive. I just don’t feel a spark. I should have told you sooner, I’m sorry.” I always hinted at it, but I never flat out told him. Now I feel guilty, he wasted all these years waiting on me and I never intended to meet him even half way.
“You don’t need to be sorry, can’t help what you feel. Beside you throw me every hint you could, I just never wanted to catch them.” He smiles sadly at me. “If you excuse me I have some charming to do.” He walks over to flirt with Josie.
I laughing, shaking my head as the guilty left me. I should have known that nothing keeps Reggie Mantle down for long.

I was sitting down on the couch with Malachai’s head in my lap, running my fingers through his curls, when Tall Boy came in. “Jughead is ready to talk business.” He announces. Malachai eyes snap open as he sat up. All the ghoulies look at me, but there was no time to hide as Jughead and Archie were right behind Tall Boy.
“It’ll be alright. You stay right here.” He squeezes my knee as he stood up.
“Abby!” Jughead’s eyes went wide from shook.
“What the hell are you doing here?” Archie move to get closer to me, but was block by Maverick.
“I thought you were here to talk business. That means you talk to me, not my girl.” He pokes his finger into his chest.
“Your girl? That’s my sister. Get over here right now!” He point down at the spot next to him.
“She ain’t a dog. Don’t yell at her like that.” Malachai move to get in Archie’s face.
Jughead step between them, putting a hand on both their chest. “Calm down Archie, we’ll deal with that later.” He whispers to my brother. “My boy and I want to challenge you to a race.
If we win Serpents remain autonomous and you quit dealing at Southside High.” He turns to Malachai.
He clenches and unclenches his fists as anger was still pumping through his veins. “And if we win?” He points to his chest again.
“We fold and you can continue polluting Southside with your little straws of death.” Jughead spoke painfully like he was make a great sacrifice. I snort he was offering nothing in return. When it came to dealing Serpents stay out of the way. Some of them deal too, it may be softer drugs but dealing is dealing.
“So, the mighty Serpent Prince has some stones, but not much else. So, unless Your Highness wants to put some of Daddy's territory on the table, I got no reason to agree to a race.” He rolls his eyes at Jughead’s offer. One thing Malachai hated was when people made him shitty deals assuming he was stupid. Tall Boy did that when he first approached Malachai thinking he could take the Jingle Jangle business for the Serpent. But, that didn’t work out for him and he had to settle for a partnership.
“They were following me. They were trying to get in the garage.” Verne entered the room with another tall ghoulie dragging in Betty and Veronica.
All of them said each other name in surprise. “What are you doing here?” They all ask each other at the same time. I lean over in my seat, wondering myself what the girls were doing.
“Wait so, these are your bitches?” Malachai points at them, angry that someone was snooping around his territory. He was probably thinking the same thing that I was this deal was just a distraction for the girls to break in.
“I beg your misogynistic pardon?” Veronica glares at him. I roll my eyes; if she looks around she could see there were female ghoulies. If he was really misogynistic, they wouldn’t be here. A lot of them held high positions in the gang. He just has a misogynistic vocabulary.
“Why don't you take your skanks and get the hell out of here? Until you make me a better offer, there'll be no race.” He ignores the rich girl and stares down Jughead. All though his back was to me, I knew he had that wild look in his eyes that meant he was ready for some action.
“If you win we'll give you the Whyte Wyrm. You can expand your drug-dealing horizons and upgrade out of this literal hellhole.” Jughead offer him. I could tell he was desperate for this race to happen.
“Hey! Your Whyte Wyrm isn’t the five seasons either.” I snap, mad that he was insulting the warehouse that I tried my best to make a home. The girls spoke my name in question, noticing that I was there.
“We'll take the Wyrm and Sunnyside Trailer Park.” Malachai said, seeing the same desperation in Jugs that I did. They spoke for a few minutes hashing out the details of the race. “I’ll see ya at the races. Now, get out of my house.” He jerks his head in the direction of the door.
“Come on, Abigail!” Archie pat his leg. I narrow my eyes wondering if he was being serious or trying to antagonize Malachai by calling me like a dog again.
“Listen here, at your house she may be the maid and the cook, but here she is the queen. As the queen, she is be respected. NOT! TREATED! LIKE! A! DOG!” He shoves Archie with each word he shouted, pushing him right into Maverick’s arms. He put Archie into a full nelson. I curse and jump up to get in between Archie and Malachai. I seen this scenario before, Maverick holds the person down while Malachai throw punches. I’ve never seen anyone walk away without at least a few broken ribs.
“Calm down, babe. He’s just found out. He’s understandable anger, but he’s leaving.” I put my hands on my boyfriend’s chest. “Go home, Archie.” I look over my shoulder at him.
“If you don’t leave with me, I’m calling the cops on this place.” He threaten, making Maverick tighten his hold. Archie groan in pain. Verne grabs Jughead when he went to make a move to help Archie.
“I’ll go!” I pull on Maverick’s arm to let him go.
“No Abs, you don’t have to do what he wants.” Malachai grabs my arm to pull me back to his side.
“Its fine, I want to go. We knew we couldn’t hide forever. When we were found out, it would take some time for everyone to get use to it. I’ll call you later.” I wrap my arms around his neck to pull him down to give him a goodbye kiss.
“If she comes back with even a hair out of place, I’ll put some of your limbs out of place.” Malachai gave Archie a few rough pats on his cheek. Maverick throw him to the ground. Verne let Jughead go. We walk out of the warehouse.
“Are you crazy? Going out with a gang leader?” Archie yells.
“Are you crazy? You threaten to call the cops on a gang in their territory.” I got into dad’s beat up truck.
He got in the driver seat, glaring at me. “You’re spending every weekend at a trap house.” He screams, pulling at his hair.
“You drag me out of the warehouse to yell at me right in front of it.” I roll my eyes.
“You want to have this conversation at home in front of dad.” He mockingly raises an eyebrow at me.
“If this is going to be a screaming match, then I don’t have to have this conversation at all.” I lean over and turn the keys that were already in the ignition to start up the car. He let out a bitter laugh, letting me know there was no way this was going to be calm conversation. “Beside the garage is soundproof.” I remind him. That seems to convince him as he put the car in reverse to get out of the parking spot. The ride consisted of him stealing glance at me and scoffing.
He pulls up in front of our house and slams the car door on his way out. I follow him as he stomped his way to the garage. As soon as I close the garage door he started ranting. “How could you go out with him? He leads a gang called the ghoulies for heaven’s sake. He sells drugs and love street racing. The Ghoulies are demons sent from hell.”
“I remember a time when you thought the Serpents were demons sent from hell. The only thing that change is that Jughead is one of them now. The real differences between the Ghoulies and the Serpents are that you don’t have anyone you care about in the ghoulies.” I swallow down the angry words and name calling that I wanted to throw his way and kept it mature. If I wanted to convince him to not tell dad then I needed to keep a level head.
“I said those things about the Serpent before I knew anything about them. Just tell me why? If you wanted a bad boy, then Reggie is better than him.” He drops down on the couch.
“That’s the problem Archie, you judge people before you know them. You don’t know Malachai either. It doesn’t matter how much he has going on, he always makes time for me. He protects me. He didn’t want me to leave with you, because of how angry you were. He includes me in his future plans.” I stop listing things when I saw his eyes pop out of his head when I mention the future.
“If you don’t break things off with him, I’ll tell dad.” He stood back up to look down at me.
“And I’ll tell dad about you owning a gun and the rumble. Or, about you having plans to street race. Do you want me to go on Archie? I got a lot more on you than you do on me.” I cross my arms and glare up at him.
“Don’t come crying to me when he hurts you or gets you arrested.” He slams the garage door on his way out.

I put on a black lace bra, thong, and garter belt set with poke-a-dot stockings. I pull a pair of black short shorts that show the thin piece of fabric that connects the belt to the stockings. I put on a black v-neck t-shirt that had a large skull on it. I pull on a pair of black knee high strappy heels boots, that Malachai bought for me when it stop me in my tracks in a shops window at the Greendale mall. I reach behind my neck to put the clasp on a three string choker. I put on a pair of silver angel wings earrings and a large silver bracelet to match it.
I did my makeup with black smokey eyes, pink lips, and natural blush. I ran a brush through my hair, not bother doing anything special with it considering that Malachai like racing with the windows down, despite it being more aerodynamic to have the windows up. Being that he never lost a race, he didn’t care to listen to my advice.
I slide on a leather jacket to complete the look, when I got the text from Malachai that he was down the street to pick me up. I narrow my eyes at my phone, normally Maverick pick me up on race day because Malachai was getting the truck ready. I shove my phone and keys into the pocket of the leather jacket. I made my way out of the house and down the street. I got into the green monza. It was odd to see Malacahai driving Maverick’s car.
He took off, before I even got the door close. I shift in my seat as I look him over, he was look very tense. His jaw was clenched and the muscles in his arms were on display from how tight he was gripping the wheel. “Where’s the red hot mama?” I ask, hoping this mood was from the pressure of race. This was the most he ever put on the line for a race. If he lost the ghoulies would lose the only income they have.
“One of my red hot mama is fine, the other not so much.” He growls as his grip the steering wheel grow even tighter. Before I could ask him what the hell was that supposed to mean, he went on in an eerily calm voice. “I just got a call today from Hiram Lodge. He wants me to run Nick fucking St. Clair off the road. Apparently he’s been attempting to force himself on a number of girls: Cheryl Blossom, Veronica Lodge, and Abigail Andrews.”
My eyes widen when he said my name. “What?” I gasp, wondering if Kevin told everyone. He was the only person who saw.
“What you think I’m stupid? That I couldn’t put the pieces together. I find out this guy is forcing himself on girls and the look you get on your face when anything related to him is mention. WHY THE FUCK DIDN’T YOU TELL ME?” He screams the last question in my face.
“I thought you would blame me.” I admitted.
“What kind of asshole do you think I am? Some prick that thinks women are put on this earth to be toys for men. Why are you with me if you think I’m such a horrible person?” He pulls the car on the side of the road to yell at me.
“Because I blame myself,” I try to hold back my tears.
“What?” His face softens at my confession.
“When we first met I let him kiss and hold my hand. I wear that revealing dress. Instead of staying with the crowd, I was off by myself. To him those could have been sign that I wanted it.” I look down at my lap.
“Tell me exactly what happen at that party.” He orders. I kept my eyes on my lap as I told him everything that happened at the Five Seasons. He grabs my chin to make me look up at him. “He clearly knew you weren’t interested, that’s why he asks you how to get your attention. As far as I’m concerned what you were wearing doesn’t matter. I don’t care if you were naked, when you walk away from him, he should have let you go.” I cried in relief that he had more compassion for me then I did myself. “Come on, my good luck charm. Let’s win this race, so I can give his bastard what coming to him.” He grip the steering wheel tightly again as he got back on the road. He flicks the radio on, letting Guns N Roses flow through the speakers.
I pull my phone out and put the camera on me, happy that I went with wet proof makeup. My brother would be there and I didn’t want to think about his reaction to me coming out of the car with my make up ruined. I smile as I watch Malachai get into racing mode as he bounces his head to welcome to the jungle.
The ghoulies cheers as we pull up to the drag race meeting point. They surround the car and gather around us as we got out. I laugh as they were patting him on the back like he won already. Maverick throw an arm over my shoulder. “Is everything okay on the home front, because I have no problem with beating your brother up? He’s been eyeing me up since he got here and not in the way I like.”
“That may be because the last time he saw you, you put him in a full nelson and throw him to the ground.” I playfully roll my eyes and scoff.
“That was business.” He rolls his eyes like it was ridiculous for Archie to hold a grudge against him.
“Abigail!” Archie yells out my name from across the lot as he marches over to me.
Malachai head snap in my direction and was quick to make his way over when he saw what was about to happen. “Does your brother know how to go anywhere without making an ass of himself.” He growl as he stare down my brother.
“What are you doing here?” He reaches out to grab me, but his hand was smacked down by my boyfriend.
“I always ride with Malachai.” I told him simply.
“Don’t get in the car with him, please. Just stay behind with Betty and Veronica.” He pleads, taking a step closer to me.
“Listen here…” Maverick snaps, moving to get into reaching distance.
“I got this.” I put my hand up to stop him. “I always ride with Malachai.” I repeat myself to make it clear there was no changing my mind.
“If you get in that car, you deserve everything that’s coming to you.” Archie glare down at me.
“What the fuck is that supposed to mean?” I look up to meet his glare. Malachai and Maverick move to stand in front of me.
“I would like to know that myself.” Malachai lean in to hiss in my brother’s face. Maverick crack his knuckles while giving him a menacing look.
“Archie!” Veronica looks around the supposed to be vacant lot for him.
“You should go back to your bitch and never threaten to me again.” I push past my ghoulies to give my brother a shove.
“Fine be a lost cause.” He shook his head and ran over to his girlfriend.
“Better to be a lost cause, then a mindless idiot who goes where the wind blows.” I yell at his retreating form. I turn around to make my way to the red hot mama.
Malachai ran to catch up with me, wrapping an arm around my waist. “If I didn’t have a race, I would be taking you over the hood of the car.” He lean down to whisper in my ear and bite my loop. I laugh, giving him a smack in his stomach. “Oh baby, don’t hurt yourself hitting steel.” He lifts up his shirt to showcase his abs. I laugh, raising my hand to trace them.
“Let’s do this.” Tall Boy yells hyping up the crowd.
“You ready my lucky charm.” Malachai grab my face like he did before every race.
“I’m ready for wherever you want to take me.” I reply the same way I always did. He gave me a heat kiss, before putting down the hood of the hot rod.
“Let's do it!” Tall Boy yells out again, getting the same reaction from the crowd. “Get these cars up in a row!” He points in the direction of the starting line. I got into the passenger seat as Malachai got into the driver’s seat. We drove to the starting line.
He parks it there to get out and go over the rule with Jughead and shake hands like he did with every opponent. After a few moments he got back in the car, keeping his glare on Jughead even as he starts the car up.
“Engines warm and ready gentlemen.” Cheryl stood in front of us with a red scarf in her hand. I tilt my head, wondering where Toni was. Jughead gave a thumbs up and Malachai a peace sign. She put on her sunglass and raises her arms in the air. In true Cheryl Blossom fashion, she dramatically leans back as she drops her arms.
I smile as we took off. I love the feeling adrenaline that runs through me when racing. I frown when I saw that Jughead was gaining a bit of a lead. I held on tight for I knew what was coming. My body jerks as Malachai serve to whack Reggie’s car that Jughead was driving. He got what he wanted as he did it again, getting Jughead to slow down so he could gain control over the car. He drove past them as stare at them while yelling. We were approaching the bridge were only one car could fit at a time.
“Let see if baby Jones got any balls.” He smirks.
“He does, but Archie doesn’t. He doesn’t have enough personally at stake.” I smirk when I saw that I was right as the car swerve to stop abruptly, letting me know it was the emergency break. We look at each other laughing as he drove over the bridge.
Police sirens put a stop to that. The car had to make a fast stop, causing us to rise up and get smack back down into our seats. We raise our hands in the air at the flashing lights and guns were pointed at us. “That fucking rat,” I curse as Archie’s words replayed in my head.
“If you get in that car, you deserve everything that’s coming to you.”