Sequel: Blue on Black
Status: Comments = Frequent Updates

A Welcome Burden

Chapter 10: Into The Night

Cheyenne...

Cheyenne wake up...

Wake up...

WAKE UP...


I stirred slightly hearing the familiar voice that had only spoken to me once. My eyes fluttered open. It was still raining but not as heavy as before. I took in my surroundings. Where am I? I remember the wolves on the cliff and me taking down the last one over into the water. I looked down at myself. I was still in wolf form. My paws dug into the mud as I tried to get up but immediately fell down in excruciating pain.

I looked down at my arm first. It was twisted out of shape and broken. My eyes traveled down to my leg. It was the same way. You're probably wondering how my bones are broken. I'm supposed to have the Adamantium all over my skeleton right? Wrong. The drills missed my secondary bone structure that allows me to transform. I looked around again. I was on a bank with water still flowing around me but it wasn't strong enough to sweep me away. I looked up. The rocky embankment was covered in wet dirt and vines. How am I supposed to get out of here?

You must climb...

The voice spoke to me again. I can't climb with one arm and one leg.

You can...and you will Cheyenne. Harness your gift to pull yourself up...

I shook my head but reached out with my good arm and grabbed a rock on the side of the embankment. Keeping my weight on my unbroken leg, I stood upright. I let out a howl hoping Logan would hear it and I waited. He never showed his face. He certainly doesn't think I'm dead does he? No he can't think that! I've got to find him. I don't wanna be alone anymore. I grabbed onto another rock before leaping onto the previous one careful not to bump my broken limbs. I continued doing that until I got halfway. The rocks were too small to place my big foot or hand on but the vines looked sturdy enough but I can't reach them.

Make it come to you...

I focused my eyes on the vine like I had done with the bottle in Logan's hand. Dirt tumbled down as the vine slowly grew towards me until it was in my hand. I used the vine like a repeller used a rope to climb down but using one arm to pull up. My back claws dug into the dirt giving me leverage until I reached the top. I carefully laid down on the wet ground breathing heavily. I am so exhausted...

Keep going Cheyenne...

You must fight...


I ignored the voice. I need to rest but I also need to feed. I've been through so much trama the last few hours my healing ability isn't working. I closed my eyes and before I knew it I was asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Wake up Cheyenne...

You need to feed...
.

The voice came back waking me up once again. I took a deep breath before pushing myself to my paws. I dragged my leg and kept my arm close to me as I pulled myself across the wet ground. The wind blew sending shivers through my body but my fire within heated me up. It gave me that extra boost to keep going. My nose breathed in the air trying to find something to help. Finally it found something. Rabbits. They were small but 7 of them had enough blood to mend the fractures and help me transform back to human.

I laid there quietly and acting as if I were dead as the rabbits hopped around me. When enough of them got close my good arm swiped at them killing them as the others ran away. I brought each rabbit to my mouth tearing into it with a ravenous hunger. I whined as I felt the bones snap back into place healing. I moved my arm and leg. They still hurt like a bitch but at least I could transform. I looked at my fragile human body. There was a huge bruise on my forearm where the break was located. My leg aches but not too bad. I still needed more blood to heal the bruises and cuts but I would do that later after I find Logan.

I stood on my own 2 feet limping across the field of tall grasses. My eyes scanning the darkness for any signs of Logan but he wasn't there. I groaned as I sat down to take a break up against the trunk of a tree letting it shield me from the rain that had started pouring down again. I sighed closing my eyes. I have no idea where I am or where Logan could be. How the fuck am I supposed to find him? I felt the twang of sadness as tears threatened to spill from my eyes. I wiped them away as I heard something. Was that a voice?

"Cheyenne!" It was a voice. It was Logan! I watched a beam of light come out of the trees.

"Cheyenne! Where are you!?" He called out as the light scanned towards me. I raised my arm waving it as the light hit me. The light shook.

"Cheyenne! Thank God." Logan said as he bent down to my level.

"Hey Logan."

"Are you alright?" He asked using the flashlight to look me over. He gently touched my head and I flinched back. I must have hit my head too. I hadn't noticed.

"Damn you're cold. Here let me put this around you." Logan said encircling me in a blanket we had brought for our picnic. Suddenly I felt his arms around me holding me tight.

"I thought I lost you." I spoke holding back tears of joy.

"I'm here now. Let's get you back home." He helped me to stand but because my leg was tender from the break I buckled to my knees. Logan scooped me up into his arms and I laid my head on his chest.

"How did you know where to look?" I asked weakly.

"I didn't. A voice led me the whole night." I smiled knowing the man behind the voice was good. The creak of the camper's door made my eyes open and Logan sat me down on one of the chairs at the table. He quickly went over to the fridge before coming back with a jar.

"I know you'll be needing this." I could already smell the blood with the lid closed. Logan unscrewed the top and handed it to me. My mouth went to it drinking the blood. I closed my eyes savoring the taste of my healing liquid. When the blood was gone, I looked down at my arm watching the bruise disappear into thin air. My pain wafted away like smoke in a breeze.

"Better?"

"Much better." I said standing feeling completely healed.

"Here. I figure you might wanna change." He handed me my duffle bag and I pulled out something to sleep in as I heard the whirling of the water heater.

I got up from my seat slowly and went into the bathroom with my things. I looked at my dirty complexion. I bet I had looked like a matted dog when I was in my wolf form. I stripped off my ruined clothes and stepped under the water. I watched dried blood and caked mud leave me and go  down the drain. It didn't take me long to clean up. I left the bathroom with my ruined clothes and threw them away. There's no way they could be cleaned. Logan was by the couch setting up my bed as I came over. He knew I was healed but still helped me lay down before covering me up.

"Sleep Chey. You need it."

"Logan?" I said as he turned out the lights.

"Yes?"

"I'm glad you found me." I said smiling even though he couldn't see it.

"I'm glad to have you back safe and sound." I cuddled into the couch pulling the blanket with me getting comfortable. I was glad to be back too.
♠ ♠ ♠
**I'm so sorry I didn't update this yesterday. I went to this festival that we have in my county every year. They have music and booths that you can buy things from. Also there's a classic car and tractor show. It was pretty good except for the heat. Anyways please comment. I wanna know what you all think of this. Here's some pictures as well of what Cheyenne changed into after showering.

Shirt:
[img]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/377317275000189697/[/img]

Leggings:
[img]http://www.spiralusa.com/sale/camo-skull-allover-comfy-fit-leggings-black.htm[/img]