Sequel: Blue on Black
Status: Comments = Frequent Updates

A Welcome Burden

Chapter 16: Another Hidden Talent

I woke up this morning with the sun's rays beaming down on my face through the small window inside the loft of the camper. Last night was an incredible night for me. Just hearing the endless compliments from Logan made my heart flutter. On the outside, he looks like this rugged man that no one in their right mind would dare to fuck with but on the inside...the inside is so much different. I think that's what I love most about him. He's got the biggest heart of anyone I've ever known. It always brings a smile to my face.

Rolling out of bed, my feet planted themselves on the floor. My second skeleton popped and cracked as I stretched. I climbed down the ladder hoping to see Logan but he wasn't inside. I didn't hear the shower running so I know he's not in the bathroom. Maybe he's outside? My feet guided me to the door and I opened it but he wasn't there either. I closed the camper door and turned towards the table. A piece of paper sat there. I picked it up immediately recognizing Logan's somewhat sloppy handwriting.

Chey,

Gone to get some more firewood from down the road. I'll be back in a few minutes darlin'. Don't wonder to far.


I smiled and threw away his note. I didn't plan on leaving the campsite anyways. I grabbed my duffle bag from beside the couch and unzipped it. There's another talent I have that Logan doesn't know about. Well maybe I wouldn't call it a talent. I'm not really good at drawing but I like to do it.

I took my sketch pad and a few pencils outside and sat down in one of his folding chairs. My eyes scanned over the different pieces I had done. Some were pretty old and some were slightly new. I haven't been able to actually sit down and draw anything since I left that...place. Stryker never liked the fact that I loved to draw. He always said it was a disruption from the tasks at hand.

I turned the page of my sketch book to a clean sheet and began to draw. Even though I don't consider myself to be a good artist, I do like my drawings to be perfect so I took my time as I drew a picture of Logan. I've drawn my different forms but I have yet to draw Logan until now. My hand guided the pencil on the paper. I made sure to get every little detail. As I finished my drawing, I heard the unmistakable sound of Logan's truck. I looked up just in time to see him back into the small space. A smile appeared on my face as he got out of the truck with a cigar tucked between his lips.

"Hey sweetheart. What are you working on?"

"Oh I'm just drawing." I said putting a few finishing touches on the page.

"Can I see?" I nodded my head and Logan leaned over my shoulder looking down at the drawing.

"Wow Chey...that is amazing!" Logan commented making me blush.

"I'm not that good Logan."

"Are you kidding? You do better than I can. I can barely draw a stick figure." He said making me chuckle. Logan's hand reached over and turned back to the previous page where I had drawn a picture of one of my forms.

"Wow." He said before turning another page backwards. He continued to look back at the drawings I had done before stopping on the one I had drawn of my mother.

"Is this your mom?" I couldn't bring myself speak. All I did was nod my head sadly as I stared at the picture. I miss her so much.

"She's a very beautiful woman."

"Thanks Logan. I miss her." I said. I felt his arm go around my shoulders and squeeze. I guess he sensed my discomfort.

"Baby, if you're mom saw this drawing she would be so proud of you. As am I." At his comment my discomfort faded.

"You know I could give you a better picture to draw of me." I looked up at him as his breath tickled my ear sending shivers throughout my body.

"You wanting to recreate that scene from Titanic?" I questioned with a chuckle.

"I had a feeling you saw that movie. Such a chick flick."

"I know. I only got to that part before I turned it off. It was getting a bit boring and mushy for me." I said as I turned back to another blank page.

"I don't blame you. So who's cooking dinner tonight? Me or you?"

"I can if you'd like." I said looking up from my page. I had begun drawing some flowers I had seen at the entrance to the campground. They had a mass variety of colorful blooms but my favorite was the tiger lilies. I've always felt those to be the most beautiful.

"Sounds good to me. You got something in mind or are you gonna surprise me?"

"You'll see." I said winking. I noticed Logan look down at my unfinished drawing before planting a kiss on my cheek.

"I'll let you get back to your drawings. I need to get this wood unloaded." I nodded my head and turned my attention back to my drawing. Since I was drawing my favorite flower, I was going to add color to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
~~~


By the time Logan had gotten all the wood unloaded from the bed of his truck, I had drawn another picture of him. Sometimes it was really hard to focus on my drawing for staring at him. I couldn't stop myself from looking at his flexing arm muscles with each heavy piece of wood he picked up and the way his tight jeans looked on him...well it made certain parts of me tingle with delight.

I tore myself away from my drawing to look at the clock. Well another day has ton by fast and I've gotta get dinner on. I stood up from my seat and went into the camper. I looked through the fridge until I settled on making something simple. I took the lean ground beef from the fridge and put it into a bowl to make meatloaf. I know that's Logan's favorite dish. Once I got it put together and into a pan lined with aluminum foil I popped it in the oven.

It would take about an hour to fully cook so I went back outside to enjoy the remaining sun and just draw whatever came to mind. That's usually what I do anyways but the only thing to come to mind, besides Logan, were the places that we've been. I never wanted to forget those places. They were peaceful places. Places I could only wish I lived at. The beach we went to has to be my favorite. It had a nice cool breeze and the water sparkled like it was made of diamonds. It also had that breathtaking lighthouse where Logan first kissed me.

Every time Logan presses his lips to mine, I think about that day. I feel complete when he's around and I never want him to leave my side. Not for anything...but I still have so much guilt inside of me. Guilt of not telling him about my Adamantium Skeleton. Even after all this time, I'm still scared to tell him about it. I'm hoping he will never find out. I shook the dreaded thoughts from my mind as I looked at the clock again. I got up and went back into the camper and started on the rest of tonights meal.
♠ ♠ ♠
**I know the chapter is a little late but for the past few days I've been training my senior dog to walk on a leash. It's pretty tiring and he's stubborn as hell. I would hire someone to teach me but I don't have the money for that. Anyways always leave me some comments!**

Cheyenne's Drawings:

Logan Drawing 1:
[img] https://www.pinterest.com/pin/772156298585080318/[/img]

Logan Drawing 2:
[img]https://www.deviantart.com/shintetsuya/art/Hugh-Jackman-Wolverine-379684296[/img]

Mother Drawing:
[img] https://www.pinterest.com/pin/558939003746482641/[/img]

Flower Drawing:
[img]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/271553052515590950/[/img]

Cheyenne's Other Forms:

Lioness:
[img]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/162903711501652190/[/img]

Tiger:
[img] https://www.pinterest.com/pin/325666616783549877/[/img]

Cougar:
[img] https://www.pinterest.com/pin/453808099927747713/[/img]

Kodiak:
[img] https://www.pinterest.com/pin/432838214167068219/[/img]