Sequel: Blue on Black
Status: Comments = Frequent Updates

A Welcome Burden

Chapter 6

**Yet another chapter with only a number. Sorry about that**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So come on down! We have the biggest selection of furniture and appliances in the state of Wyoming all 20 to 30% off through Saturday...

I shifted in my seat as the annoying radio broadcaster stirred me from my sleep. When I dozed off I had my head against the window just watching the scenery pass but now I'm huddled up facing Logan. He had another cigar in between his fingers with one hand on the steering wheel and the other propped out the window once again. Even though the air coming through the open window blew the smoke away, I could still smell it. It was a good smell. My eyes were glued to Logan again. Why can't I take my eyes off of him? My eyes rested on his toned muscular arms and then scanned over the rest of his body.

"Well good morning there sleeping beauty." Logan said as I met up with his eyes. I blinked several times before sitting upright.

"How long was I asleep?"

"A few hours. God this idiot can't drive worth shit." He said complaining about the person in front of him. I could clearly see his attention was captured by a cell phone. I'm surprised this guy hasn't killed anyone.

"Hold on there Cheyenne." He said before swerving into the other lane and passing the idiot. The guy on the cell phone honked his horn at us. I didn't even realize I had a smile on my face from his fast speed.

"You liked that?"

"Yeah I've always had a fascination with going fast. It could be a motorcycle, car, or whatever." I explained which made him slightly smirk.

"Me too." I smiled known Logan and I have another thing in common with each other.

"I'm getting kinda hungry. What about you?" Logan asked looking over at me. Again my stomach answered his question.

"I thought so. You've got the loudest stomach." My cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"There's a Huddle House just up ahead. How's that sound?" He said as I saw the sign.

"Sounds good but I..I don't have any money to pay."

"That's why you're not buying." He said smirking. A smile crept up on face. I hated having Logan to pay again. He's already paid for things at the store a few hours ago.

He pulled into the small parking lot of the Huddle House and parked before reaching around and grabbing a red button down shirt. We got out of the truck as he put the shirt on making himself look presentable enough to go into the establishment. We seated ourselves at a table before a server came over with menus.

"Hello and welcome to Huddle House. What can I get you folks to drink?"

"I'll have a coke." Logan said.

"Pepsi please." The waitress wrote down our drink orders before leaving the table. I watched her leave. She looked as if she was annoyed to have to wait a table. Maybe she shouldn't be working if that's her deal.

"So Cheyenne...where are you from?"

"A small town in Montana. Um..Bear Creek. How about you?" I asked twirling my thumbs in a circle.

"Must be a nice place to live. I believe I'm from Canada."

"You believe you are? What's that mean?" I questioned. The waitress came back over and set our drinks down.

"Need a few more minutes?" Logan and I shook our heads before he gave her his order.

"And what for you?"

"I'll have the Mansion Platter." I said.

"How do you want your steak and eggs?"

"I'd like my eggs scrambled and the steak rare please." I said watching her mindlessly write down my order.

"Biscuits and gravy, grits, or toast?"

"Biscuits and gravy." She wrote down the order and walked away.

"Kinda snooty huh?" Logan commented and I nodded as I sipped my drink.

"Back to your question...I'm not really sure I am from Canada. I got that CRS fever." I snorted a laugh knowing exactly what he meant. Everyone has those moments.

"Have you always had those?" I said pointing to his knuckles. Of course he has Cheyenne! What a dumbass thing to ask!

"Yeah but I don't exactly remember how they got there. It's a little complicated. Anyways what about you? Have you always been able to set shit on fire and move things with your mind?"

"Yeah for a while but the fire is the easiest to control. Moving objects with my mind just seems to be..."

"Difficult?" He said finishing my sentence. I nodded my head and thought back to the day I had first moved something against my control and my dad beat the hell out of me for it. All at once the sause and sugar containers began to rattle at the thought. Logan's hand immediately covered them to keep from drawing attention.

"See what I mean?" I said sighing as I put my head in my hands.

"Hey it's okay. I actually think yours is kinda useful. These things I got? Nothing but fancy butter knives." A genuine smile and laugh came from me with the analogy making me feel better.

"How about we ask each other one personal question a day. That way we don't overwhelm ourselves with questions."

"Sounds good to me." I said nodding as the waitress came back over with our food. She sat the plate with my rare ribeye steak down in front of me and it took all I had in me to keep my inner wolf inside.

I reached for the steak sauce as Logan was putting back the glass shaker of pepper and our hands collided. I pulled back quickly. He looked at me confused and slid the bottle over to me. We ate in a comfortable silence. The only noise around us being the other customers and the faint sound of country music playing in the background. My tastebuds tingled at the flavor of the rare steak calming that carnivore inside of me. It wasn't fresh but it would have to do until I could go hunting.

We finished eating as the snotty waitress brought over the check and handed it to Logan not allowing me to see the total. I watched him get into his wallet and pull out a 20. I never looked up as the door opened.

"Alright people you know the drill! Faces on the ground!" Our heads shot over to the group of 4 men carrying guns that came into the building.

"Are you all deaf? I said hit the ground..NOW!" The man said firing the weapon into the ceiling making people scream. Logan and I got down onto the floor as 2 men went into the back and the other 2 stayed here and began collecting money from the register and even the workers. I watched as the customers handed over their wallets as well. Even Logan gave his up but I knew he couldn't go on a full out assault on these men without someone getting hurt.

"Hand over your money." The man said looking down at me as he held out his hand.

"I..I don't have money."

"No money huh? I bet you got some hidden away somewhere on you." He said grabbing my arm and roughly pulling me to my feet. I kinda had a feeling he was going to.

"Hey leave her alone!" Logan said starting to get up to defend me but another man hit him with the butt of the gun.

"Logan!" I tried to get to him but the man pulled me back against his chest with his arm around my throat.

"Hey man this little chica doesn't have any money."

"So? Forget about her and move on." The seeming to be leader spoke.

"Come on man! I haven't had any fun in weeks."

"Fine just dispose of her when you're done." He said smirking. Mine and Logan's eyes picked as I was pulled away.

"Let me go! Logan!" I watched Logan try to grab the man but the leader aimed his weapon and fired.

"NO! LOGAN!" I screamed as the man dragged me into the kitchen.

"Looks like your boy toy is no more but don't you worry. I'll make this short and painless." The man grabbed a fist full of my hair before pushing me into the metal countertop. Flour and spices inside a bowel spilled onto the floor with me before the man placed his hand around my throat.

I grabbed at his wrist with both hands trying to pry him off of me but from where I haven't had fresh blood in a while, my strength isn't great. I felt his hands roam over me. God what a fucking pig! Suddenly the lights went out and I heard one of men yelling out in pain. I must be hallucinating. Did I hear Logan yelling? The agonizing screams made my attacker divert his attention. I focused on my hand letting my fingernails grow into sharp baglady like claws. He looked back at me and I quickly slashed his throat. Blood poured from the wound as I pushed him away letting him choke to death. Heavy bootsteps came in my direction and I quickly hid in a space between 2 fridges. I had no idea if it was Logan or one of the gunmen.

"Cheyenne? Where are you?" Logan! I peered from my hiding spot as Logan looked around with his Adamantium claws still out.

"Over here Logan." I said in a frightened whisper. He spotted me and sheathed the indestructible claws.

"Are you alright? Did he hurt you?" He asked examining me with his bloody hands.

"No I'm fine. I got him before he could do anything." Logan looked over at the dead man but didn't question how I killed him. He gently pulled me to my feet with both arms looking me over again. Sirens filled the air. Someone must have called when the lights went out.

"We gotta get moving." He said taking my hand and dragging me out the kitchen. People looked at Logan as he passed by before we exited the restaurant. We jumped into the truck and got out of the parking lot just as the blue lights from the police cars were pulling in. I swear I'm never gonna kill anyone again...
♠ ♠ ♠
**Hello everyone! Hope this chapter is good for you guys! Took me a while to figure out exactly how I wanted to word it but I did it. I haven't showed you all any pictures in a while so here you go.

[img]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/10133167892899910/[/img]

[img]https://wornstar.com/collections/mens-tees/products/americoma-tee[/img]

[img]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/388083692874645481/[/img]