Sequel: Blue on Black
Status: Comments = Frequent Updates

A Welcome Burden

Chapter 7: Better Times

**A/N!
Finally found a chapter title for this one! Hope you all enjoy!**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I awoke from my peaceful slumber as the sunlight streamed through the small window on the door leading to the outside. I really didn't want to get up but nature was calling. I pulled myself up and went straight to the small confined bathroom and did my business. As I left the bathroom, the camper was silent except for the A.C. unit. I wonder where Logan is. As the thought popped into my mind I saw a piece of paper on the table.

Cheyenne,

Went to get some more wood. Also filled the water tank in case you wanted to shower. Just flip the switch and wait about 5 minutes. I'll be back later. Don't wonder off too far.

~Logan


I balled the paper up and threw it away. A shower did sound really good. I can't even remember the last time I actually stepped underneath the stream of a shower head. I went back over to the bathroom and found the switch and flipped it on. The water heater hummed lightly as it was warming up. While that was doing its thing I decided to have some breakfast. I really wanted to eat some my cowtails but that's not a very good breakfast so I just decided in some cereal. The humming of the hot water heater stopped as I put my bowl into the sink. I grabbed my duffle bag from the side of the couch and looked through it deciding on what to wear. Even with the A.C. on it was a bit warm in here so I decided on a pair of jeans and with a Jack Daniels tank top. Underneath that would be a pair of black and white striped boyshorts with a bra to match. The next thing I brought out of my bag was another bag that I converted into a toiletry bag. I'm pretty sure I lifted this bag from a Ross's store. They've got a lot of nice stuff.

I went into the bathroom locking the door behind me and stared at myself in the mirror. My firey colored hair was beginning to get greasy and dirty. I looked haggered but I didn't really feel that way. I stripped out of the dirty clothing and set them aside before getting under the warm stream of water. My muscles relaxed as I washed myself before shaving. I swear my legs and underarms could've made a sweater for a hairless kitten. My hands ran over the now smoothed and dirty free skin before I turned off the water and stepped out of the shower and dried off.

I put on my clean clothes and left the bathroom with my dirty clothes and the bag I brought. As I sat on the couch I brushed out the tangles in my thick hair. It doesn't matter how much conditioner I put in, it always tangles. Kinda annoying actually. I finished my hair and then packed my dirty clothes back into my duffle bag. I looked outside. Still no Logan. I scoff.

And he tells me not to wonder off too far.

I stepped outside feeling the warm sun on my skin. I think I'll go for a walk. Maybe I'll meet up with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It's so beautiful here. In the woods we parked next to yesterday after...well you know, he paid for us to camp here for 3 days. I wish I could help him drive some but without a license that proves to be difficult. I can still hear and smell the creatures that would make a good meal for the wolf inside me. I walked through an area with purple clover and grass up to my knees. I let my hands dangle at my sides loving the feel of the blade brush against my skin. In the distance there was a dock.

A couple of boys were leaving with fishing poles. I walked towards the dock engulfed in my thoughts of better times. Better times when my mother was still living and my dad was happy. We used to go fishing all the time when mom would be home. God how I miss those simple days of childhood. A time where I didn't have a care in the world. A time when friends were there for you when your mother had to go back to the war. I miss those times. I know if she was here she would have never let my dad give Stryker permission to take me. She would have died trying to save me. I can't change the past but I can always wish it away. Of course that doesn't work either.

I broke away from my thoughts as I heard the crunch of gravel beneath my feet. I had been so trained in my thoughts I didn't realize I was this close to the lake now. I picked up a rock from the ground and held it in my open hand. I really need to practice getting my telekinetic powers under control. My mind went back to the little old lady at the Wal-Mart. Her words echoing in my brain.

People perceive us as abnormal but what God has joined to you let no man put asunder. Cherish the gift..don't curse it

"Okay...let's practice." I said out loud trying to encourage a good result. I remembered how I helped the older woman get the bottle down from the shelf.

I focus all my attention on the single rock and with my right index finger I flicked it towards the water. It flew right off with my first attempt! That could have just been a fluke. I bent down and picked up another rock. I did the same thing and it flew right into the water again. Okay once more just to make sure. This time I picked up a bigger rock and held it in my hand. Just like the other 2, it flew into the water and sank. I smiled to myself proudly. I don't like to wish bad luck upon myself but what if I don't have the ability to use my hands? I would need some other way. I started with a small rock first. My eyes stayed on the rock concentrating hard but as I flicked my eyes towards the water the rock came directly up and smack my eyebrow hard.

"Shit!" I mumbled rubbing the sore spot. Let's try that again. Maybe it didn't have enough weight on it? I picked up a bigger rock but it did the same thing.

"Son of a...Alright that's enough for today." I said wiping my hands on my jeans. I know I'll have a bruise there. Damn I really need to hunt.

"I see you decided to wander." I turned around as Logan stood just feet from me. His shirt was off but he had it tucked into the side of his dirty jeans. On one of his shoulders rested an ax and the other his hand held a leather strap which I'm assuming held the firewood he was after. Damn he was ripped! The sweat made him glisten in the sunlight.

"Just wanted to take a walk."

"What happened to your head?" He questioned and my hand went to the slightly tender spot.

"I was uh...trying to practice throwing rocks with my mind."

"Well that's one way to use your head." He joked making me chuckle.

"No. I was just trying a new technique. Didn't work out too well."

"I think you're just trying too hard." He said coming over to me after setting his things down. He picked up a handful of rocks giving me half.

"Here. Try again."

"Logan I really don't wanna get hit in the head again." I said looking down at the rocks in my hand.

"Not with your mind Cheyenne. I mean like this." I watched Logan as he threw the one of the stones. It skipped across the water several times before sinking.

"Oh I see. The old fashion way." I took one of my rocks and flung it making it slip farther than Logan's.

"You're pretty good."

"Thanks. I used to skip stones all the time back home." I said as another memory of my mother came into my mind.

"You okay Cheyenne?"

"Yeah...I'm...I'm just remembering that night at the Huddle House. I saw you get shot in the head. How..how is that possible?" I said keeping my thoughts away from my dead mother. It was a pretty stupid thing for me to say as well. I know he can heal quick because I can. Logan clinched one of his fists bringing out his sharp Adamantium blades.

"I've always been able to heal very quickly. This stuff my claws are made of. It runs throughout my whole skeleton. Basically if I went through a metal detector I'd be setting off some alarms but in some ways this metal is good. I've been in situations that should have killed me." Me too Logan...I wish the Adamantium forced into my bones would have killed me.

"It sure is sensitive." Logan said as I looked back at him. Stones were floating all around us but as I focused on Logan they thumped to the ground.

"It's annoying. I want it to work when I need it not when I don't."

Logan picked up another rock and held it in his hand.

"Try one more time with this new technique you're testing. Then we'll head back."

"You sure about that? I know you can heal fast and all but I don't wanna hurt you." I said in all honesty.

"I'll be fine. I trust you can do it." I sighed and focused my attention on the rock in Logan's hand. I pictured it in my mind rocketing off his hand as I flicked my eyes to the water. The rock began to rattle but instead of going up towards his face, it went straight out into the water. Why couldn't have I done that a few minutes ago?

"Told you you could do it." I smiled at him before he grabbed the ax and wood.

We took the same route back to the camper I had taken. Logan named off a few animals as we walked. He sure did know a lot of things about nature but he doesn't seem to fit in as being a ecologist.

"Can I ask a personal question Logan?" I asked as we walked.

"Using your question of the day?" I nodded.

"How old are you?" I enquired.

"Well I've lost track some time ago but I think I believe I'm 42 or somewhere near that. What about you?"

"I'm 24." I stated.

"I had it figured about right then." We got back to the camper and I sat down in one of his chairs pulling out my smokes. I lit one up and inhaled the calming vapor. I watched Logan pile the wood he had cut neatly. I like being here with Logan. He's so easy to talk to and not judgemental about anything.

"What's that on your arm?" I instinctively looked at my shoulder tattoo.

"Never seen a tattoo before Logan?"

"Yeah I've seen plenty. Just never noticed until now that you have one." He said sitting down beside me.

"I have 3. This one, one on my leg, and one that covers my whole back."

"Pretty good work." He said examining it. I love my tattoos. I sighed a sigh of content as we lounged around the rest of day.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Isn't cool how close they've gotten in just a short amount of time? Anyways I've got a few pictures to show you. This is what Cheyenne is wearing after taking her shower:

Shirt:
[img]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/151715081176541307/[/img]

Bra:
[img]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/367043438371518894/[/img]

Boyshorts:
[img]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/381750505893627608/[/img]

Pants:
[img]https://wornstar.com/collections/mens-custom-stage-pants/products/wscp-350-black-denim-pants-metal-edge-mto[/img]

Please leave me some comments so I know how I'm doing. I can see people reading but no one is commenting..Don't be a silent reader. I value all opinions! Oh and please let me know if those links are working.