Sequel: Blue on Black
Status: Comments = Frequent Updates

A Welcome Burden

Chapter 8: Into The Night

I waited for 2 hours after Logan and I said goodnight to leave the camper. I waited a few more minutes before taking off into the woods letting my legs power me in my run and letting the wolf within escape. My senses were greater in my carnivorous form making it easy to hunt down my prey. I'm not your average size wolf. Think of a werewolf you would see in a horror movie but on 4 legs. That's how big I am. Which means I need big prey. I sniffed the air growling as I smelled my next meal. My paws guided me through the woods with stealth like precision until I saw the animal I would be taking down. I hid within the trees as the big male moose strolled aimlessly in a meadow. I waited patiently as the creature came closer not knowing I was there until it was too late. I sprang on the animal as it turned to run. My long claws dug into the flesh as my teeth pierced its neck bringing it down to the ground. My powerful jaws cut off the oxygen supply killing it. I ripped it open hungrily eating and lapping the fresh warm blood. I began to feel renewed.

When I finished I headed back to the camper hoping Logan hadn't woke up. I spotted the camper and switched back to human as easy as you could snap your fingers. Quietly and carefully I opened the door. Logan's soft snoring told me he was still sleeping. I laid down on the couch feeling rejuvenated and the sore spot on my head disappearing. I could still taste the blood in my mouth. It was a sweet irony taste that my wolf craved. I looked up towards the loft as I heard Logan begin to mumble and his sheets rustled as he moved.

"No...no...no....NO!" Logan yelled. I knew he was awake by the way he was breathing heavily. I close my eyes as I hear him come down. I can feel his eyes on me. I cracked them open as I heard the faucet turn on. My night vision allowed me to see him drink from a glass. In the darkness I kept my eyes on him as he grabbed his jacket and went outside. Should I follow him? Should I give him space? I pulled myself up and walked over to the door peering through the small window. Logan stood next to the smoldering wood ashes. I opened the door and quietly stepped back outside.

"Logan?" I called making him look over his shoulder.

"Go back inside Chey. You should be sleeping."

"I've been up for quite a while. Are you alright? I heard you mumbling." I said ignoring his request.

"I'm fine. Now please go inside. It's too cold out for you to be here."

"The ability to create fire keeps me warm so I'll be fine. Were you having a nightmare?" I explained.

"Yes but it's one I've had before. I'll be just fine. Now back to bed for both of us. I'm sorry if I woke you."

"I said I've been up all night." I repeated as he led me back into the camper.

"Bed." I watched him ping to the couch.

"You mean couch?" I said making him smirk.

"Goodnight Smartass."

"Night. Oh and Logan?" Logan stops at the ladder and looks down at me.

"Yeah?"

"Next time you have a nightmare, try and keep it down." I said in a joking manner which made him laugh. Logan disappeared into the loft leaving me alone. I can never sleep after a hunt as good as this one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Logan give me my damn drink!" I said almost yelling at him. I hadn't been able to sleep at all last night after hunting and now I'm being annoyed by Logan. All I want is my electrolyte filled drink but he keeps it from me.

"Just try it."

"I can't make it work right now. My mind isn't on autopilot." I said almost whining.

"You're not always gonna feel good when you need it most."

"I know but if my mind gets any more goopy it's gonna look like pudding. Now hand me my drink." I said holding my hand out.

"What's the magic word?"

"Please hand me my drink Logan." I said emphasizing the word please.

"Nah I don't think so." I put my head down on the table looking at him as he read a newspaper he got from somewhere.

"Oh come on!" Okay now I was whining but what do you expect? For me to be all giggly and shit? I don't think so. I watched Logan move his attention from me back to the paper. I quickly grabbed for the bottle but he was quicker.

"Damnit!"

"Nice try Chey." He said chuckling as he turned the page. Fuck it. I held out my hand in the shape of a C and focused on the plastic Gatorade bottle.

"Keep going. I felt it move." Logan said putting down the newspaper. I concentrated harder and the bottle slipped from his hold and went right to my hand under the power of my eyes.

"There. That wasn't too difficult now was it?"

"I guess not." I said twisting the lid off and downing half. I was parched. Logan got up from his seat at the table and began pouring himself another cup of coffee.

"So tell me about your nightmare." I said making him stop mid sip.

"It's a little early in the day for personal questions."

"Does it count as a personal question?" I asked.

"I don't know. It's complicated Chey."

"Maybe I can help uncomplicate things." I pressed.

"I don't wanna talk about it Cheyenne." Logan snapped at me while setting his coffee cup down on the counter. I was taken back by his sudden anger. I shouldn't have pressed him. I should know better. I felt the bottle shake in my hands and I gripped it tighter.

"Just finish eating. I'll be outside." Logan left without another word. I hung my head in shame as I looked down at my soggy bowl of cinnamon toast crunch cereal. My stomach was in knots from guilt.

Good going Cheyenne...Why can't you leave well enough alone? I got up from my seat and drained the milk down the sink before scraping the bowl clean and washing it along with the spoon. I dried it and using my telekinesis with my finger as a guide, I put the bowel back into the cabinet.

I feel so stupid for pressing Logan. If he doesn't want to talk about it then I should respect that but no I let my mouth keep running...I grabbed my duffle bag and pulled out some clothes and my toiletry bag before going into the bathroom. Maybe a nice hot shower will relieve my tension. I stripped out of my pajamas and stepped into the spray of the hot water. Hopefully I didn't anger him to the point where he wants me to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I stepped out of the shower feeling that my tension and stress were gone. I quickly got dressed and left the bathroom. Logan still hadn't come back. I sighed still feeling like a complete idiot. I am after all. I sat down on the couch putting on a pair of socks and my boots. I could go for a cigarette. I grabbed my smokes from the small table beside the couch and left the camper. There was Logan. He was knelt down beside a cooler puffing on a cigar. I lit my cigarette by blowing on the end as he looked my way. I needed to apologize for pressing.

"You like Def Lepard?"

"Yeah but just a few songs. So whatcha doing there?" I said looking back up from my shirt.

"I thought maybe we could find a spot and have a picnic. There's some things I wanna talk to you about."

"But I thought you were mad?"

"I'm sorry for snapping at you like I did. My dreams are a touchy subject and you caught me off guard."

"Oh...so you're not mad at me?" I question.

"No and don't worry. What I've got to say doesn't affect you." I let out a breath of relief. I really didn't want him to tell me to get lost. I've gotten so used to having company. I'd be lost without it.

"So where are we going?"

"Relax Chey. We'll know when we find it." Logan said folding up a blanket and handing it to me. I nodded as he grabbed the cooler and we left the campsite.
♠ ♠ ♠
**So I decided to give you all an extra chapter! There are 3 parts to this chapter and I plan on updating again on Tuesday if I'm not extremely busy. Also I have some pictures to show you. Again let me know if these links work and let me know I'm the comments how I'm doing!**

Shirt:
[img]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/152489137362929734/[/img]

Pants:
[img]https://wornstar.com/collections/womens-pants/products/hellraiser-side-laced-pants-black-womens[/img]

Tattoos:

Right Shoulder:
[img]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/286963807485679054/[/img]

Right Shin:
[img]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/283023157810820327/[/img]

Back:
[img]https://www.pinterest.com/pin/548876273306063405/[/img]

That back tattoo covers Cheyenne's entire back.