Status: The story isn't edited and I am not a native English speaker, forgive me for mistakes.

Rogue World

Rogue World (prologue)

“Papa, why are dragons the bad guys?” A small girl with shoulder length dirty blond hair asked. She must have been around 5 years old. Chubby face with no scars, no bruises, absolutely innocent, with big eyes, small, almost miniature figure dressed in tights and a fluffy dress. She sat on her father’s lap in the big family room. There was a party and guests were still there, some sipping their tea others putting another piece of the cake on their plates. Music was playing quitter now and there were small discussions among the adults. A small boy, same age as the girl climbed up to the other lap of their father.
“Yes pap, why are they bad?” the boy looked similar to the girl, same hair but shorter, big green eyes, dressed in small cardigan and looked almost like a doll.
“Bad or good, its like painting all the world only in two colours- black and white,” the kids were confused, the girl started to imagine how the world would look like if it was a stencil, those black and white painting that their family friend had in his living room and neither of the twins could understand what they meant.
“But how would people understand things?” it seemed funny for a grown up but children were sincerely confused.
“That’s what I am saying, Alina. Imagine them being painted only white and black, you wouldn’t be able to understand, to see through things.”
“What is it painted for you?” the boy looked up as he played with his little figures and looked absolutely adorable and innocent their father stopped but quickly answered.
“I think, for everyone, including you and your sister, it should be a medium colour, neither black nor white, somewhere in between. Something like grey, then, when you get older, you can add shades to it. And depending on what YOU believe in, the world around you would be either in darker shades, or maybe perhaps in the lighter shades. It is all up to you.” The man said and on that he left the children be. He made them think.
“What’s your life be the colour of?” the girl turned to her brother when they were sitting on the couch with some cookies, the party was over, many guests already left, those remaining, had a heated debate about boring, usual stuff.
“Green. What about you?” the boy answered taking a bite out of the cookie.
“Purple.”

‘Could there be more than one colour?’ a dirty-blond haired girl, of about twelve years old, was sitting on the table, drawing in her little, private book. She was adding another shade of purple to the page, which she started, when she was a child. She only did that when something amazing or significant had happen in her life or when she would understand something, or at least she though and believed that she understood it. It was an unending paradox for her, even when she was only twelve. That day was truly spectacular. They went into the forest with a few childhood friends, as they have done for many years. They knew those woods, they’d play games there, it was their play-ground, especially for Alina. She owned those woods, along with Ananya. Elias, her brother, was as good in the woods as her, but he went there only with her, he didn’t like to explore, but wouldn’t get lost. That day it was just the three of them and they decided to hike the “Old dragon trail”. It was said to be haunted, but they found it the most beautiful things they have seen so far. There were neon mushrooms growing in the bright moss which covered the ancient rocks which were laid there centuries and generations before them. Some flowers there looked like fairy lights and sometimes Alina though she saw a slight glow and heard a faint laughter, which intrigued but also freaked her out a little. Others though the same thing. Finally, they came on the opening. There, somewhere, not that far down, in the earth crack in which there were different steps, they saw dragons. There were families all located at different layers. The ones that got girl’s interest were the black dragons. They looked like cats, and from a distance they were small, but even then they had absolutely enormous wings and tail ‘fins’. Girls could stop staring at them and at some point those dragons turned around, to play, and looked up. Dragons are famous for their eyesight, the cat-dragons saw humans and something inside Alina burned and she wanted to do something about it, but she didn’t know what it was or what to do about it.
Meanwhile, Elias was looking at the dragons, flying above them. They looked like snakes, parents and a child. They were a beautiful blue-turquoise-green colour. He couldn’t stop. Neither of them could stop and when it was time to leave, they felt a pulling feeling which they knew, if satisfied, it would bring them pleasure, but they didn’t know what it was.
Ever since that date, something made them come to that spot over and over again. They would watch the nature around them, with out interfering. Alina would draw, while others watch her and do their creative stuff, sometimes they would do their homeworks there. It went like this for years, sometimes others, like Nick, Jojo and Busra would come along, Jojo more usual than others.
Life was going as usual, Alina’s life was no special and was just like the others. This bored her, she didn’t want to be like others, she wanted to explore, she wanted a change, she wanted to be unique and special. Deep inside she already knew or at least believed that she was special, but what good is it if only you are the one who knows? As the years passed, she met more people, heard more opinions, saw more work, the confusion inside her grew. That second colour, the exact opposite of her main colour was getting brighter and brighter. “Why do people think like that?” “What is the normal way to think?” “Why?” why? Why… why…. Why….? These were the questions that were on her mind all the time. To every answer she got she would say “yes but…”. After a while she started to wonder, who she was, why did she had the exact opposite opinions as to which she believed. She wanted to know what normal was. She wanted to know where the boundaries between for and against are. Why? Because she wanted to challenge and change them. Because she was curious and brave enough to do it.
♠ ♠ ♠
As said before, I am not a native English speaker, forgive me for mistakes.
Please comment everything you think: the good or interesting about the story; the bad, if you feel like I should change something. Feel free to comment and critique, I am open to the suggestions and improvements.