Status: The story isn't edited and I am not a native English speaker, forgive me for mistakes.

Rogue World

Introduction

“…thus no women had ever became a detective…” class lecture. It bored everyone, especially this one. One final lecture on where to go and what field to study before the final program or university, how Earthlings call it. Curiously, everything was always compared with them, as if they weren’t their own planet.
Its been a good day on Agath. Their star was bright and warm, despite some 459 million kilometres that divided them. Their proportions were similar to Jupiter. Agath was the only planet with 6 moons, some of them almost stationary but others, not so much. They rotated at different latitudes, in different directions and at different speed. Quartzet, the largest moon was the slowest of them all, but it created the most beautiful landscapes of the planet. Meteors that came crushing in to Agath and would create a debree that would, sometimes be blown back into space would, many times be stuck between the magnetic fields of the both planets, creating an air-lands. These lands were not so high in the sky, around 2 kilometres, but they weren’t the only ones, other large moons also were able to create these. However, they were much smaller and higher up, to where people didn’t really go to. They were seen from the huge window and a big opening in the crust.
The lecturer moved on, it mentioned all the normal stuff, most required jobs, most useless jobs, most payable, etc. However, it didn’t seem to interest a person, staring out of the window and into the sky. It was a girl, or more like a lady.
“Have you heard her?” a boy leaned towards her and them tried to parody her “thus a woman can never become a detective’ cant believe they are setting regulations on how to live the life for people themselves.”
“I am pretty sure she never tried anything rather than follow the rules.” The girl answered with out coming back into the straight position, however, she did so after only a second of hesitation. “This is outrages, just listen to what she is saying, I mean there are dozens of girls in this room and they lower their self esteem to the level of a toothpick!”
“Relax sister, it’s just one small job, I mean they do have a point there.” The girl turned back to the desk behind.
“Seriously bro? I mean look at her, she is like a robot, no personal life, nothing, and yet she tells me how to live my life!” The girl got quite emotional and angry.
“Well, you can choose not to listen to her and thus, she will not be choosing a life for you, that is purely your choice sister. However, I must say, your dragon-tongue still needs improvement.” The girl became confused, ‘My dragon-tongue?’

Everything at that moment begun to spread, mix, colours overlapped and became a blur.
“Miss Corundum! Corundum! Alina!” she opened her eyes and saw all the people looking at her. It turned out that she fell asleep while gazing out of the window. She slowly sat up, with out any confusion or panic on her face. She saw an angry face of the teacher. It became all red from the frustration. She couldn’t stand when someone disobeyed the rules in her class or lectures and usually that person would be in deep trouble, so not many people dared to do so. The teacher, Mrs Patricc was big, in all sense of this word and in some way looked like a troll. Her eyes were always filled with rage. Her lips were like a small string, almost unseen on the face. The eyebrows where slightly raised in the middle, creating wrinkles between them and on the forehead. She was not sooo old, yet she already got a crooked back and walked with a slight limp, a little like a bear.
“What do you think, you are doing, girl?!” she started
“Sorry ma’am, but your lecture is so uninteresting, self-doubting and boring that I fell asleep, to preserve and not damage my brain functions, otherwise, I am afraid all my ambitions and big plans would be eliminated and I am pretty sure I don’t want that for myself.” The girl, who’s name was Alina, calmly answered. Everyone were shocked and a deep and heavy silence floated above the heads of almost seven dozens students that sat in the lecture hall. The teacher also stood, shocked and didn’t know what to do with such answer. A boy, with same dirty blond hair as the girl sat next and looked at her with a slightly ajar mouth and wide-open eyes. He was lean and slender, somewhat muscular but not an athlete. He had very bright green eyes that stood out the most in his whole persona, most of the time, sometimes people around though the eyes changed brightness.
This uncomfortable silence lasted only a few moments and soon enough the teacher got back her consciousness and ability to speak.
“I beg your pardon young lady!” Alina just looked at the woman in front of her with empty gaze. Her deep coloured eyes were not revealing any emotions at all.
“Mrs, I am sure you have overheard this from other students, but your lectures are uninteresting and makes us doubt ourselves,” the teacher listened to it with such hatred in her eyes and her chest was rising up and down like she was having a heart attack. She quickly turned around, but rather slowly walked towards the bottom of the lecture room. There, she turned around, slowly with her head down, as if she was thinking deeply about something, then, she spoke, calmly.
“Miss Corundum, I would like to ask you to leave the class and from now on do not enter it when I am teaching.” On this calm note Alina stood up, picked up her belongings, a pen and a notebook. Carefully got past the boy who sat next to her and out into the corridor with a slight smirk on her face. The door behind her closed.
Alina, is a girl of an average height with dark dirty-blond, long, wavy hair. Her body type was also nothing special or extraordinary. She was not a beauty out of the book with slender and perfectly shaped hour-glass figure. She was an average girl, although her figure was hour-glass, but not perfect. She liked to cook and taste new things and even though she played sports, some of that food still stayed. Do not think for a moment that she was fat or overweight, nothing like that, she wasn’t overweight, but neither was she thin and skinny. Her skin was pale and quickly got sunburned, luckily, that didn’t happen too often on this planet. Her face was the shape somewhere between an oval and an egg, with slightly blushed cheeks and with lips of normal structure. Her eyebrows were perfect by nature, their perfect shape was like an ark and they were easily seen. The nose had a little bump on the bridge and wasn’t really straight. Despite all these faults in and on her body, she still had quite a big self-esteem and self-love towards her body. She wasn’t perfect but that didn’t mean she wasn’t beautiful. In terms of clothes, she normally wore a tank top or a t-shirt with a shirt over it, some jeans and sneakers, usually high top ones.

The bell rang and people start to stream out of the class, past Alina as she waited for her friends. Soon enough they arrived. Five people walked out in a single file, 2 girls and 3 boys. One of them had a similar structure and characteristics to Alina and was already mentioned. The boy’s name was Elias, Alina’s older twin brother. Another boy that walked by him, on the edge of the group was Nickolas or Nick, a boy with dark brown, almost black, short to medium, a little messy but mainly arranged to the right hair and green-hazel eyes. He was about same height as Elias, not by much higher than Alina, had an athletic, slim body built type. On the other side of Elias there was another boy, sort of yellowish skin, black straight hair, about the same height as Elias and was of heavy built with big feet. His name was Johannes and he knew a lot and practically was a walking enciclopedia. Next to Jojo walked Busra. Similar body style to Jojo, black straight, thin hair, but the skin colour was a bit different, it was closer to brown, or tanned white. Unlike Jojo, she had small feet. They were talking about some very educational things. Behind them walked Ananya, Alina’s closest friend. She was similar to Busra, but her hair were thicker and longer, always tied to a loose and messy braid. She was slim and very energetic and wore glasses. An interesting thing about Agath was that, they never classified people by their looks, like Busra and Ananya looked similar, yet they belong to completely different classes of people. On Agath, people were classified very broadly, not by their looks but by their gifts, even siblings may belong in different classes or groups.
These were the closest people to Alina in the whole wide universe.
“Well done sister, you managed to get kicked out of her class, forever, congratulations.” Elias spoke with folded arms on his chest but Alina only spread her arms and joined the group.
“Thank you brother, I don’t think I could have sat around her any longer. I felt like my neurons began to die out in there.”
“You do realize there are norms and people are supposed to follow them.” Jojo looked over to Alina who clearly didn’t care all that much.
“That is why there are people like you on this planet.” She answered rather quietly.

They went out of the building and onto the street. No sun, nor sky were seen. They were underground. The city they lived in was called Xzuanshi in ancient language, but in common language and on all the maps it was called Di Mond. It was one of the largest cities on the planet. The city was built underneath the surface, underneath mountains, lakes. There were occasional cracks, but they were no big deal if they weren’t revealing a lot of the city. Some tall buildings, or buildings that were built closer to the surface would go over the surface. These buildings were called the Icebergs and mainly were used for security. The city was truly beautiful. The houses were made out of stone and they could take any shape possible. Some were spherical, others cubic and others had all shapes in them. Occasionally, here and there, one could stumble across a rich man’s house. This wasn’t shown in the size of the house or the garden, it was simply expressed through the decorations of the house. Gemstones, shapes and meaningful mosaics, these were the attributes of the rich. Sometimes gemstones wouldn’t be even shown on the facades on a normal day, they would act as trappings before big celebration. The streets were lit up almost always, gardens would be everywhere where there was a crack in the ceiling and that looked really cool from above. There were no automobiles, occasionally you could see a trump or a train, but those were usually used to move big, heavy materials. Other that that people used a lot of simple transportations like a bike, rollers, skateboards and other things with wheels that do not require an engine and some people didn’t even need that.
There are different reasons why cities of Agath were all underground and all buildings were stone. Dragons. Surprisingly, some dragons don’t like deep caves and prefer to stay in forests or small caves, where there is room only for one dragon. Sometimes they would choose a big air-land and a whole group of them, which was called many names like swarm, brood or pack, but the last ones are more commonly used. There are more than 21000 species of dragons that were identified and classified. Historically speaking, dragons evolved from dinosaurs and had adapted many things to survive. They were, long ago, one of the first pets that a human managed to befriend, and even if the dragon allowed you to do many things, they never allowed themselves to be killed or be separated from their owner, there were no artificial selection once you got a dragon. You couldn’t change or adopt a new dragon, the bond between the dragon and their owner was forever. For many years people believed that dragons made them a fulfilled person. This evolved quality made them secure and they thrived along side with humans for millennia. However, things went south not that long ago in relation to the existence of the humanity.
There was a war, one of many. It was a revolution and all that was normal for people was destroyed. For dozens of years everything was a mess, a blur and dragons were enemy number one. People tried to kill, capture and destroy them in any way they only could. Dragons were facing a terrible threat and they knew and understood that, they fought back. People though they were doing everything right, but the trick to the whole situation was the fact that relationship between humans and dragons was mutual, almost symbiotic. The more dragons humans damaged, the more humans were affected by this damage and vice versa. Soon enough people learned and instead of killing dragons, they enslaved and imprisoned them. Since then people moved underground, build cities and children were tough to hate and be afraid of dragons. This was very long time ago, a few thousand years has passed since then.

“So Alina, what are you planning on taking this year?” Ananya asked after a few minutes of silent walking.
“I am actually not sure, I might take something arty, maybe something with filmography. Or maybe something forensic or maybe even geological. What about you?”
“Science. Something like pharmacy or pharmacology”
“So you will deal with medicine and how to cure people? And not having to deal with people themselves.” She chuckled and looked down, then added “That is so you buddy.”
“I would want to do some law stuff.” Alina stared at Busra and asked with her commenting voice, her left eyebrow was a bit lifted up and she smirked.
“You want to be a lawyer?” Elias looked at his sister with almost accusation and quickly added.
“There is nothing wrong with wanting to be a lawyer.” Alina let out a short lough and answered to her brother while looking around everyone else.
“I never said it’s wrong! I was just surprised.” She stopped before she could give the explanation cause she realized it would be quite mean.
“Well, okay then. What about you Jojo?” Elias stared at his friend.
“Well, I’d choose engineering. What about you, dragon boy?” dragon boy was a nick name that Jojo gave Elias because of the boys weird sensation with dragons.
“Well, science, experiments all the way.” Elias said it with a nerdy kind of accent. Every time they spoke about science or joked about it, he used the nerdy, deeper voice and made fun gestures as if he was straightening a tie, which he never wore. All of them laughed.
They continued talking until they got to the big intersection where they bid each other farewell and went separate ways towards their homes. All of them lived on the top levels, closer to the crack than others. In total, in the city of Di Mond, there were fifteen populated levels, then another 4 were surveillance and storage. But the most important and preciouse part of the planet was even deeper. A huge library running all around the continents, underneath all cities and containing an infinite knowledge about everything in the universe. The library was what made Agath one of the most praised planets in the universe. Alina and Elias went towards their house where their family was waiting for them. Their house was one of the pretty ones. It had ornaments but not a lot of them, just a few of them on the rare columns, that were like an accessory. Their house was also quite big, however, they still shared a room and were very happy about it. They also had an older brother, Oliver, who visited them every chance he got.
There was nothing special about their life. They went to school, then walked back home, did their homeworks and occasional hobbies and called it a day. This is exactly what everybody did. Their lives didn’t differ from one another. Every group of people was similar. They acted similar. Used same principals. Followed same moral code and rules. They were all the same to one another. This was the thing that bothered Alina the most. The idea of being like everyone else.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment the good and the bad.
Any of these chapters that are yet to come have not yet been edited and I value your opinion in order to edit them to make a better story.