Status: Hi, I was born in North Korea and I defected NK twice when I was 14 and 17.

My Life And Survival In North Korea

To My Brave North Korean Mother

Mom, do you remember? On the first day of the year 1998, it was the day got heavy snow and I could not see even the dead body that was buried under snow on street corner, You gave me a new year's gift that was a beads winter clothes.

It was the best gift I ever received. You dressed me and took me to a photo studio in the neighborhood. I felt so happy that go to the photo studio and take pictures with you for the first time. after a week, you secretly changed it to 15 kilos of corn. When you told me the matter with sorry eyes, I was angry about that and I said would not talk to you again. Soon after, you promised me you would come back home over 3 nights and you left to somewhere. Three nights later, when you didn't come back, I thought that you didn't come home because why I was angry with you about the matter. I couldn't count how much I promised myself that if you came back, I wouldn't be angry with you again and very obedient to you.

The seasons changed several time, you and I got met at the prison visitor's room. I didn't know what i had to say to you and just looked you vacantly without a word for a while. I couldn't believe that you had got a gray face with looked no any vigor on your face and you got black and blue eyes. Mom, I felt a lot of disappointment in my homeland for the first time".

"Mom, You got more gray hair now than 1998. I realized again that your time and my time are so different".