Higher

The Humdrum Life of Zacky Baker: Part Three

"How do I look?" I ask, combing back my hair as the Rev dons a leather jacket. He grins.

"Looking good, Baker," He smiles as he spins around. "And how do I look?"

"Awesome. So are we here?" I ask, grinning. He pulls a few levels and the bus comes to a halt. I turned round and faced the Rev. "We're here?"

"Yep. 1955 California. I landed us a two minute walk from Disneyland," He grins as he walked to the door and looked at me. "Are you ready?"

"Yes," I grinned, running over. He grins at me.

"Outside of these doors a world like never before. Are you sure you're ready for it?"

"Open the doors!" I smirk. He grins madly and opens them. I step outside and look around. Right in front of me are the gates of Disneyland. A red bow was across them, waiting to be opened. Women and men with their children were waiting to go in. I turned round and looked at the Rev as he closed the door. I grin as he locks the bus and slips the key down his shirt.

"Best to keep it locked up. Now let's go," He grins and walks off. I catch up with him and we walk to the gates. The Rev flashes a piece of paper at the assistant and he lets us through. I look at the Rev. "What?"

"We didn't have tickets,"

"Don't say it out loud," He grins, taking out the leather wallet and handing it to me. I look at it.

"VIPs?"

"Well, might as make us special right," He grins. "It's Psychic Paper. Shows most people what I want. Very useful for this lifestyle,"

"Well, I'm not complaining," I reply, handing him back the paper with a smile. He grins back. "What should we do first?"

"Ah, just on time," He grins.

"For what?"

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, thank you for coming today," A man with a tash in a purple suit shouted. I look at the Rev.

"No way," I grin. He shrugs and moves over.

"The one and only Walt Disney," He whispered as Disney gave a speech then cut the bow.

"Welcome to Disneyland!"

(***)

"Oh my god! This is amazing!" I grin as we walked back to the Tardis. He open the doors and we walked back in. I yawn, put down my Micky Mouse plushie and sit down.

"Wow, I'm so tired," I reply as he switches on the engine. "So it is always like this?"

"No. Normally I get into trouble," He replies as a noises goes off. I raise an eyebrow.

"What kind of trouble?"

"All kinds. I'm a time lord and sometimes people want to do bad things with time or just bad things or I happen to be going by. I find myself in the middle of those bad things,"

"Are there others?"

"Others what?"

"Time Lords?" I ask. He suddenly stops and frowns. "Sorry. Don't-"

"There was. A long time ago," He replied "All gone now. Well, expect me... and two others,"

"Two other Time Lords?"

"The Doctor and the Master. Best to stay away from them two though," He replied. "They're both dangerous,"

"So what's your home planet like?" I ask but he doesn't answer. "Rev?"

"Beautiful. It was so beautiful," He mumbles. "I miss it a lot but there's no way to return, even if it did return,"

"Why?"

"One I stole this tardis, two I ran away and three, I'm pretty certain I'd be killed in the spot," He replied, moving around the machine. "But I think it's time to go into the future,"

"Can I sleep first?" I ask, yawning. The Rev smiles and nods.

"Bedrooms are first door you left,"