Status: One Shot Only :)

I'll Be Better Tomorrow

Give me another chance, it's all I need, it's all I want.

Dear Daddy. How are you doing?
I know it's weird, I'm writing a letter like it's still the 1950s but you know I've always been one for the oldies.
Anyway, I miss you. I wish I could come visit or you could but money is tight and work is crazy.
Jonathan is busy, I barely see him. I miss Teej as well.
Have you heard from him?
Alright well, I can't wait to hear back from you.
Miss you.
Love you so much
Cammy.


Camille sighed as she mailed the letter to her father back in Canada and drove back to her apartment.

She entered the cold, empty apartment and threw herself down on the sofa. She can't remember the last time she saw her boyfriend.

"Baby, baby, guess what?!"

She giggled at the enthusiasm of her boyfriend as he hopped up and down in front of her.

"What's up baby?" She stood up and he started dancing with her making her laugh uncontrollably.
Jonathan grinned and kissed her.

"I got drafted. Baby, I go drafted"
Camille's eyes widened and she squealed. She started hopping up and down mimicking exactly what he did a few minutes ago.

"Baby!!" she squealed, "tell me everything now. Tell me everything"

He chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"The Blackhawks, Chicago Blackhawks drafted me. I'm third overall baby. I get to play in the playoffs in the Summer. Baby, my dreams are coming true."

Camille's eyes teared up and she hugged him tightly. She kissed his cheeks, forehead and finally his lips.

"I am so proud of you baby. You have no idea how proud I am. Congratulations Jonathan Bryan Toews, you deserve it."


Camille was startled out of her dream as the front door shut. She smiled as the face of Patrick Kane appeared from the front door.

"Hallo beautiful Oshie." he commented and Camille giggled, "Hi Pat. How are you?"

"Good, good. You?"

"I'm good thanks" her voice got softer when the familiar face of her boyfriend, more so her new roommate, appeared.

"Hey Jon"

He nodded, "come on" he told Pat who gave the blonde girl a sympathetic smile.

Camille sighed, she started cleaning the apartment

Camille smiled as she sat in her office. She has just won a major case in court and when she got back to the firm into her office there was a vase of flowers brightening up the dull office.

She smelled the daisies and then read the card

To my beautiful girl.
Thank you for your support and love.
I don't deserve it but I am very grateful for it.
Love you
Jonathan xx


She couldn't wait to get back to the apartment to show him how much she loves the flowers.

She has the best boyfriend ever.


A few days passed and Camille had a lot of hard cases. She was in the middle of a man that's trying to get custody over his newborn baby after his ex wife and her boyfriend left the baby in their apartment for over 9 hours.

Needless to say, Camille was winning the case but after going into the woman's history, Camille's heart broke. How can a woman do this to her baby?

Camille walked into her apartment and with a surprise smile she spotted Jon in the kitchen.

"Hey" she said softly and he nodded, "hi". Camille got out a bottle of water and walked into the living room. She wasn't going to stay in the kitchen with his horrible mood.

"Camille" Jon walked in, "I forgot to tell you. You have mail"

"Thanks" she murmured and took it from him.

She ignored his gaze and started reading the letter from her dad.

Hey baby girl. I love letters from you, you should know this by now.
I miss you too. I love you so much and your letter made my day.
It's going good with me baby. I wish I could come visit you soon but here it's also going crazy. TJ is okay, he misses you. You should call him more.
Winnipeg is dull without my beautiful blue eyed daughter.
I love you.
Dad


"Are you okay?" he asked and she was surprised at his concern since he couldn't give a damn about her for almost a year.

"Just my dad writing back."

"How's it going with your dad? I haven't spoken to Teej in a while. Have you heard from him?"

"No. I'll call him tonight, tell him you said hi and it's going good with dad. He's overworked, but what's new with dad."

"Wow Jon, I'm pretty sure this is the most we've spoken to each other in a year"

Jon sighed as he sat down next to her, "I know. I had a game last night and I guess you finally stopped coming to it. I faced my biggest fear last night. You weren't in the crowd, and I had to face the loss on my own. I'm sorry for everything I did, for everything I said to you this past year. I don't deserve you. I let money and fame get to my head and I'm sorry for being arrogant. I need you in my life Cam. I really do. Please forgive me"

The cold ice sliced through his skates as he looked up to the stands. His heart broke when he didn't see her in the stands not that he should be surprised, it's been a long time since he left her tickets and she got tired of buying her own tickets just for him to ignore her after the games.

"Hey, are you okay?" Sharpie asked him as Jonathan's shoulders sagged in disappointment.

"No. Camille isn't here."

"Well Jon, what did you expect? You've been treating her like shit for the better half of the year"


"I forgive you Jon, I love you, I always will but I don't think I can go on living here with you or being with you."

"W-what?" Jon asked, his voice cracked in pain and sadness.
He couldn't believe his ears, she's not going to give him another chance?

After twenty one years he's going to lose her?

Jonny, come meet the neighbors" Andree called for her 9 year old son.
Jonathan hurried down the stairs at his mother's voice. His dad, brother and mom all stood lined at the front door.

His mom knocked on the door of the new neighbors and smiled when a young girl opened it. Her blonde hair was braided and she wore a beautiful red dress with flowers on.

"Hallo ma'am" the little girl smiled a toothless smile and Andree grinned at the politeness.

"Hallo sweet girl. Is your mommy and daddy home?"

The girl nodded and called for her parents. The mom walked in and grinned at the family.

"Hi, my name is Miranda Oshie."

"My name is Andree Toews, this is my husband Bryan, and my two boys Jonathan and David. We're your new neighbors and we would just like to welcome you to the neighborhood."

Miranda grinned, "well then. Come in, come in."

"This is my daughter Camille, my husband Patrick is at the shop along with my son TJ."

Camille grinned at the two boys, "do you want to see my Barbies?"

Miranda smiled at her daughter and the boys nodded. Off they went to Camille's room and started playing.

It was the start of a beautiful friendship.


"I can't lose you Cam. You've been my best friend for 21 years and I have no idea how to live without you."

Camille sniffed, "the day my mom died, when TJ came and told me, the only person I wanted was you and you weren't there. My brother was there, my dad was there, even Patrick Kane was there but you weren't. I would have understood if you had a game but you were at the club and I don't even want to know how drunk you were or how many women you were with. I needed you, and you weren't there. I think that's when I realized that our friendship and our relationship was over."

Jonathan teared up and a single tear rolled down his cheek
"I'm sorry I wasn't there. I'm sorry I'm not the same person I once were. I'm sorry I failed you."

Camille frowned, "I'm gonna pack my things. I will love you forever Jonathan Toews"

"Jonny are you seriously asking my sister to the prom?" TJ asked as he finished tying his skate.

Jon smirked, "I did ask her already and she said yes. She's my prom date and when the time's right, I'm asking her to be my girlfriend. I love her, she loves me, or well, I hope she does. I want to be with her and someday I want to marry her."


A few days later. Jonathan came home from practice and his heart broke in a million pieces when her things were gone.
Every last thing of her was gone. Her necklace he gave her when she graduated from law school was on the table in the kitchen and he cried.

In his kitchen, he cried like a baby. His girl was gone. She left him and it was all his fault.

Jonathan's thoughts broke when his front door slammed. Jonathan's eyes widened and he flew to his feet when he saw his oldest friend standing in the kitchen.

"Teej, what are you doing here?"

The shaggy brunette glared at the captain. "I called my sister, you know, to see how she was doing because I haven't talked to her in a few months. Turns out, she left you. What the hell did you do Toews?"

Jon sighed.

"Is she okay?"

"She's fine. What did you do?"

"She didn't tell you?"

"No!" he yelled, "tell me again, what the hell did you do?"

"I fucked up man. I let my success get to my head and for the past year I've been neglecting her and treating her like shit. She finally snapped and now I'm regretting every bad thing I've ever done to her. I lost my girl Teej, and I don't think I can ever get her back."

TJ sighed, "do you still love her as much as you did in high school?"

"I love her even more"

"Will you love me even when I never win a Stanley cup?" Camille giggled as she kissed Jon's scruffy cheek.

"I'll love you even if you never win a Stanley cup, but that'll never happen. You're an excellent player and your team will win that Stanley cup"

Jon grinned as he kissed her lips, "will you love me even if I get traded after every season?"

Camille laughed, "I will follow you where ever you get traded to. But, again, you're way too good of a player so I doubt it will happen."

Jon smiled and kissed her again, "will you love me even if I get fat and bold?"

"I will love you even if you're fat and bold."

"Hey! You didn't say it won't happen" Camille laughed as he tickled her, "I'm pretty sure it won't happen baby since you have a stricter diet than me."


"You mean that?" both TJ and Jonathan looked at the kitchen door. TJ frowned at his sister's appearance.

Jonathan clenched his jaw in hopes not to cry.

"I do. I love you more than life itself. Please give me another chance Cam. I promise I will do better this time"

Camille sniffed, "I came back here to get the photograph of you and me at prom and then I heard what you just said and I realized that you're still the man I love and want to be with. My mom loved you, she absolutely loved us together and she will hate every second of this. She'd hate for me to be sad and for you to be sad where we could be together. I agree with her, why must we both be sad if we can be happy together?"

Jonathan walked over to her and a smiling TJ walked out of the kitchen.

"I love you. Do you think you can ever forgive me and take me back?"

"I can. If you promise to be the same boyfriend you were a year ago?"

Jon smiled, "I can be even better."

Camille nodded and laughed happily as she threw her arms over his neck and sealed their love with a mindblowing kiss.

"Sometimes second chances work out better than the firsts, because you can learn from your mistakes and better it."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know TJ and Jonathan weren't neighbors but for the sake of the story lets pretend they were.

Hope you enjoyed it.

Comment and subscribe if you want

Love xx