Never Say Never

Overthinker

I could almost see a hint of sadness in his face as I turned to face him. I was shocked to see how well he had cleaned up. His clothes appeared to look as if they were brand new and he was clean shaven like usual. There was no trace of him even being drug into Purgatory with Dean. "I'm not sure if there's a way out of this...but I can assure you that the matter is being looked into," he added, putting on his usual grave face, causing me to pull out of my trance I had fallen into at the sight of him.

"Thank you, but there's nothing you can do. I've been trying and searching for years with no luck. No one can help me. Not even you Cas," I whispered quietly as I began to gather my belongings, knowing Dean or Sam would be knocking on the door soon. It took everything in me not to just collapse of the very ground and break down. But my dad taught me better. I gathered my feelings and bottled them back inside the deep hole inside my heart like always.

"You don't know that."

"Please, Castiel. I know you're trying to help but don't give me false hope by saying something you aren't even sure you can do. And in case you didn’t know, Sam and Dean don’t know. Please don’t say anything to them yet,” I pleaded with a sigh. He was silent for a moment and I knew that he was disappointed or something along those lines at the idea of me not believing strongly in him.

“You have my word. But you should tell them sooner than later. With the way things are going with Crowley they are bound to find out and it would be worse if it came from him or one of his men and not you...”

“I know you’re right. I’m going to tell them.. I just need a little more time... ”

“You don’t trust me do you?” Those words stopped me dead in my tracks and I fixated my eyes on him again.

“Oh Cas, it’s not that I don’t trust you. I know you are a very capable and intelligent angel. It’s just the fact that I know what’s entailed in my contract and I’ve looked over and over again through every word of it for the past fifteen years. I’m lucky Crowley gave me an extra five years because I was so young when I made the deal,” I expressed to him before gathering the courage to peck his cheek quickly while sweeping past him and out the door of the motel room.

Hailey are you really that crazy to have made that move!?? Yes. Yes I was. It was an innocent gesture of kindness... I always that he was attractive in his own adorable way, but never to the extent that I felt towards Dean.

Setting those thoughts aside, I threw my bag in the trunk and slid in the backseat of Dean's Impala with Hershey beside me. Clearly with Castiel's condition, he wasn't leaving us anytime soon. Not that I minded being stuck with Cas but the lack of personal space was uncomfortable.

"Nice to see you woke up in a chippery mood," Dean grumbled as he plopped in the front seat and turned on the car. I couldn't lie, I loved the way she sounded.

"You hardly ever talk to me anyways so I can't see how that would possibly affect you," I fought back with a groan. Always something to complain about. Always.

"Well if you didn't have an attitude all the time maybe I would."

"I have an attitude because of the way you treat me but you are too arrogant to see that CLEARLY. You know, its a damn shame because if you weren't so cocky all the time you would be so much more attractive. Good morning to you too, I'll just plug my headphones in and we can completely pretend this conversation never happened," I huffed, realizing that may have come out a little harsher than it should have but it was true and I couldn't hold that thought any longer. At least it made Sam laugh and Dean shut up and drive. Where we were headed was a mystery to me but being that Sam and Dean never stayed in one place long, I figured they were trying to stay low on the radar to try to track down where Crowley was to find the demon tablet.

Car rides always made me relaxed, maybe it was because I spent so much time in them I was used to it. But I couldn't resist the urge of sleep any longer so to avoid any more conflict with my rival, I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. In a matter of minutes, sleep had engulfed my body and I was out like a baby.

***