Never Say Never

Words As Weapons

"This is the place? It certainly has Crowley's name written all over it," I observed as we were parked outside the metal fence of an old abandoned factory of some sort.

"Yeah you got that right. This place must be swarming with demons," Dean added as he sorted through what weapons to take inside.

"What are we going to do with Kevin's mom? You can't possibly be thinking of letting her go in with us?" I asked as I took the knife he offered me and glanced behind at her car.

"Do I look that stupid to you? If Sam did his part, he should be handcuffing her to the steering wheel to make sure she stays put. We have to keep any leverage we can out of Crowley's hands."

"Okay, are we ready?" Sam asked behind us just as Dean was closing the trunk of his car. I made sure Hershey was secure by the Impala before following the three of them towards the eerie building. I had to admit I was nervous to be here because I had no idea how Crowley would react or if he would say something about our "deal" to Sam and Dean. I had to prepare myself mentally for that possibility because I knew they wouldn't take it lightly.

"Hailey...? HAILEY. Are you alright?" Dean’s fingers snapped in front my face causing me to snap out of my train of thought and come back to present tense.

"Yes I'm fine. Let's go," I confirmed reluctantly and followed them to the eerie abandoned warehouse. It was hard to be stealthy sometimes being such a clutz naturally but somehow I held my composure to allow Sam and Dean to kill a few demons that were guarding the outer premises of the building. They never really let me take the lead on anything unless it was the only option and I had grief accustomed to that by now.

"Are you sure it's a good idea to have you coming in here with Crowley?” Castiel whispered so that only I could hear from behind.

"Do you really think I'd sit on the sidelines with Kevin's life on the line here, Cas?" I answered back with annoyance laced in my tone at his question. After not responding to my question, I knew he knew I had a point and wondered why he even bothered to ask a question he already knew the answer to.

"Okay, so since this building is so big, I think it's best if we split up. Hailey, you can help Sam ward off the demons with that demon bomb and see if you can locate Crowley's prisoners while Cas helps me look for Crowley and hopefully find Kevin," Dean proposed briskly and I didn't waste time in arguing.

It wasn't but a few minutes after splitting up and winding around a few turns that an unfamiliar voice boomed from behind, causing me to jump. "Well if it isn't the King of Hell's precious bride to be. What a lovely surprise." I whirled around to find two demons hot on our heels and knowing that those words did not pass Sam without him catching them all, I lunged at them both with a rage so intense, I killed them both with one knife and no help from Sam. I knew this trip would lead to my fate of being exposed. I could feel my face flush with embarrassment.

"What did that demon mean by that Hailey? Crowley's bride to be?

"We don't have time for that right now, Sam. We need to find out where those innocent people are," I blurted in a sense of panic as I rushed passed him, causing him to have to sprint to catch up. Being that Sam was more understanding than Dean, he didn't pursue the topic any further for the time being. I knew once we got Kevin out of this mess, I would have to face my fears.

"Hailey, wait! This way!" Sam called out to me after catching sight of another entrance to what appeared to be a large room. I spun around on my heels and followed him in, wincing at the stench of freshly spilled blood of what looked like a major catastrophe.
Oh no......

"Oh my goodness. What on Earth did that sick bastard do?" My stomach churned in disgust. Blood normally didn't phase me but when it happened to be blood of an innocent human being, it always got my stomach in tight knots.

What I did not expect to see, however, were several heads pop up from underneath a large round metal table and fear clearly instilled all over their faces.

"Don't worry. We are here to help," Sam reassured them calmly and although they were not fully convinced as to who we were, we managed to gather them all and fight our way back out the building to safety.

And there was still no sign of Dean or Cas at this point which only told me one thing. They needed help.

"Sam, we have to make sure Dean and Cas are okay. They may need our help," I told him in a slightly frantic manner and he knew I was right.

"We can't just leave these people here...Crowley may send demons to capture them again," he pointed out. I knew that was true but it didn't stop me from thinking about what could be happening inside that building right now. So I took a deep breath and made a decision I knew Sam wouldn't agree with.

"Fine. You stay and I'm going. I can't always be on the sidelines," I stated before turning on my heels and breaking into a full sprint back to the dreadful warehouse, ignoring Sam's shouting for me to not go back in alone. Luckily, I still had the one demon bomb Mrs. Tran had successfully put together and felt a small sense of security with it in the case that I encountered a herd of demons.

I had to admit, it was much more terrifying walking through the dingy hallways alone, not knowing what would be around the corner. All I could think about was Cas and Dean and knew that I had to stay strong to find them.

"You have a lot of nerve coming in here alone little girl," a voice boomed from behind and there stood three demons, each with the same evil and amused looks spread across their faces.

"Oh, I guess you're right. You guys got me. But do you really think the King of Hell would allow you to lay a finger on me?" I boasted with a grin before revealing the bomb clutched in my hand and threw it at them. The three of them let out a scream before being casted into dust back to hell, with nothing left but a outline of sulfur on the wall. Thank you, Jesus.

After a few more turns, I could hear Dean’s voice yelling at something and I hastened my pace until I finally found him hopelessly throwing himself into a heavy metal door.

"Hailey! What are you doing in here alone? Where is Sam?" Dean questioned with surprise and anger to see me there by myself when he was clearly expecting his brother to rescue him.

"Sam is fine. There's no time to explain. Did you find Kevin? And where is Cas?"

"Crowley must have him in here, Cas doesn't have all his powers back but he managed to get through this door that I can't open. We have to get through before something happens to either of them," he explained as he continued to kick into the door. So I began to help him with all of my strength. After about ten solid minutes, they door gave away and as we burst into the room, the glass table that stood between Crowley and Cas shattered as they both reach for the demon tablet. Crowley disappeared and Cas collapsed to the floor. I immediately rushed to his side and could tell he truly was weak.

"Cas are you alright?" He gave me a blank look and nodded slowly in a slight daze.

"Yes, thank you." I extended my hand out to help him up and put his arm over my shoulder to be able to hold him at the waist for support.

"It's nice to see you're still in one piece, Kevin," I flashed a smile at the messy haired prophet who was just as relieved at that statement.

"You guys came just in time. I distracted Crowley as long as I could and feel lucky enough to have only lost one finger," he answered with a light laugh as he held up his hand that was wrapped in a dirty bloody bandage.

"Okay, we can talk later. Let's get the hell out of here before Crowley sends an army to try to get Kevin back and the tablet," Dean interrupted us and we began to make our way back out.

"Well I couldn't save the whole tablet. Crowley took half of it," Cas admitted with a look of defeat.

"It's okay Cas. You did the best you could and I'm sure we will find a way to get the other half back. And you saved Kevin which is an advantage Crowley doesn't have anymore," Dean assured the wounded angel.

A sense of relief hit me as we finally exited the God forsaken place Crowley had taken over and found Sam waiting impatiently just like I had expected.

"Thank goodness you guys made it back. Hailey--"

"Yeah I know you're pissed because I did something you didn't want me to do. You don't have to tell me that," I interrupted him upon seeing his face full of anger yet concern.

"You could have gotten hurt going in there alone."

"I know but I didn't and I held myself just fine. I'm not a baby," I pouted, causing Kevin to chuckle a little.

"Well you need to make your decisions more carefully," he warned with a sigh, knowing he couldn't win with me because I always found a way to get myself into trouble. It was just in my nature.

"Can you stand on your own Cas?" I asked softly, avoiding eye contact.

"Yes. Thank you Hailey for your help," he spoke in his usual genuine voice. As soon as I was free from his touch, I made my way to where Mrs. Tran was to release her from the handcuffs.

"Thank you for getting my Kevin back to me!" She exclaimed as she gripped me into a tight hug and then running to her son who was both relieved yet slightly annoyed with his mothers tendencies to treat him like a child constantly. I couldn't blame her she was just looking out for her son who would always be a child in her eyes.

After Sam made a phone call to the cops and attempted to explain things to the "prophets" so that they didn't sound crazy when they had to make their statements, he joined Me with Kevin and Mrs. Tran.

"So I called a friend of ours, Garth, who's going to be staying with you guys to keep an eye on you. He kind of does what we do. No more going off on your own," he explained which caused Mrs. Tran to roll her eyes at him and continue to wipe the blood off of Kevin's face.

"You do realize that hiring that witch is what got you into all this trouble right?" He added and she looked away from him and shook her head.

"How are you holding up, Kevin?" I asked, knowing that this had been a traumatic event for him but he had been exposed to worse already.

"Are you kidding? I'm going to seal those bastards up forever. He took my finger," he replied with anger.

"Yeah, Cas thinks he can help you get that back. He just needs a little time to get his strength back. In the meantime just lay low until we can get back to you, okay?" Sam instructed with his arms crossed and his typical stern look spread over his face. And after a brief goodbye, the two of us watched them drive away.

"You know I haven't forgotten about what that Demond said, right?" Sam put his attention to me again and I began to feel my heart rate elevate.

"Yeah...about that....." I let out a sigh, knowing that this was it and I had no more excuses left in me to elude the topic.

"King of Hell's bride to be? How on Earth could that even be true?" I could sense his eyes burning holes into my body in search of answers.

“You’re gonna want to sit down for this one.”

*******