Status: Updated as much as possible.

Labyrinth in the Shape of a Heart

Helsinki Vampires

(October's POV)

When Bam had arrived later that day like he had promised, it truly felt like if I hadn't seen him in ten years rather than only two. We hugged tightly for the longest time ever until he eventually let go and looked around at all my belongings that were piled in a messy heap. "Jeez kid, you really just took it all huh?" I nodded sadly, sighing deep. "He has a family, a fucking child, a son, that he just decided to learn about all of a sudden. She brought him to a show he was playing back home. He's moving her in, the both of them. He even asked me to fucking get along with her and play like this big happy house. Fuck that, I've done and given up too much for him. It's time to think about me now."

He put a hand to my shoulder, giving it a tight squeeze. "Well this is definitely going to be a big change. Especially since I forgot to mention, when I said tomorrow, I meant today. More like in an hour we have to go." I stared up at him suddenly in utter disbelief. That infamous smirk of his spread wide across his face before he laughed loudly. Good old Bam, hasn't changed a bit. "You said you wanted a fresh start, what's there to wait for? Besides, it's all set up, as I promised. You'll be staying at my friend Jussi's old place, he never rented it out and there's still all new furniture. Even the electricity and water are still running." I blinked back a few times, trying to comprehend it all.

"Put it like this, we're finally going to get that road trip we always talked about before you got all caught up in your love nest out here and forgot all about little old me."

(October's POV, en route to Helsinki, Finland.)

I had never been on a plane before in my life besides the day I had moved out to California to move in with Chester and I honestly almost died from anxiety just being on it for almost 7 hours. Now, as me, Bam, and Bam's photographer friend, who I think was named Seth? were sitting on this plane, beginning to fly over the Atlantic ocean as we had just boarded our connecting flight from New York, for the next 8 hours, my anxiety was through the fucking roof. I had made sure that I shut off my cellphone before we had gotten on, mostly because I was unable to take the messages that I constantly kept receiving, begging for me to stay and not go.

But deep in my heart, I knew I had to do this, regardless if it was just a heat of the moment type of thing. I couldn't stay, I couldn't watch the man that I thought loved me become a family with someone else, someone who I thought was out of his life for good. "So listen, once we get there, I can't promise that we won't be getting into any trouble, because, lets face it, this is me we're talking about here. But I can promise that we won't be going to jail, at least, not today. Also, I hope you packed warmly, because in Finland, it's cold. It's always fucking cold."

I kept my attention focused out of the window the entire time, seeing the ocean and clouds, mainly. Sleep wasn't an option, I was too paranoid that if I fell asleep we'd somehow crash and I'd die without even knowing it, but thankfully Bam kept up with the never ending conversation about his friends, mainly the one named Ville, and their band called HIM. I just nodded and made the occasional "Uh huh." responses to everything that he had said, because almost every time we had hit a bit of turbulence, my heart shot up into my throat, making it almost impossible to even speak at all. I knew Bam noticed that I was scared shitless too, because every so often he would grab onto my hand and give it a light tug.

The conversation switched off again towards the topic of his friend named Ville, which sometimes.made me curious if Bam was really the one with the crush on him seeing as he hadn't stopped talking about him the entire way here so far. "Shut up, I'm just trying to help you out with getting to know about everyone so you don't just pop in and feel weird around everyone." I pressed my lips together before smacking his arm playfully. "I'm only teasing, Margera. No need to get all upset and sensitive on me." He instantly shot me a knowing smirk before proceeding further on with his rambling.

"He's a really cool guy, I promise you'll like him. He's got that whole hopeless poet, gothic, romantic type vibe to him. He lives in a fucking tower, like the guy is a total mystery until you get to know him. I'm sure you two will get along just dandy." I looked over at him with a slight eyebrow raise. "I just got out of a long term relationship, in case you've forgotten about that, so I'm not too hung up on the idea of getting cozy with anyone just yet." He rolled his eyes and made a slight pout, clearly unsatisfied with my answer. "Women, you're so weird."

(Arriving in Helsinki, Finland; 9:00 pm)

Once we had finally gotten off of the plane and made our way into the terminal, we were instantly bombarded by swarms of fans who had recognized Bam. He took almost a hundred pictures and signed almost a thousand things until we were finally ushered outside thankfully by security and to a waiting taxi. I almost immediately froze the moment I had stepped into the cold Finland night, seeing the snow covering the entire ground. "Didn't I warn you it's always cold?" Bam snickered, before handing over one of his coats he had on. I thanked him immensely before pulling it on. As he gave the driver the directions to my new place, I kept my gaze glued to the sights. The tall buildings, the bright lights mixed with the falling snow, it was really breathtaking and hard to put into simple words. Nothing like California, that was for sure.

In about twenty minutes later, we pulled up to a small cottage style home that was tucked away in the hillside of the city. It was truly hard to believe that anyone like Jussi from the 69 Eyes could ever live in a place like this, it was so cute and homey looking. Definitely not the place you would think that someone as dark and hellish as he was would be living in. While Seth and I started to unload all of my bags out of the taxi, Bam hunted around for the spare key that was hidden in a potted plant. Once he finally found it, he fumbled with the locks for another ten minutes until he eventually figured it out and got the door open. When we stepped inside, I almost fainted as I looked around at all the beautiful furniture and artwork that had lingered the black painted walls. It definitely was a surprise to see. Innocent looking on the outside, evil looking on the inside.

Bam and Seth dragged majority of my things into the small bedroom that consisted of a sofa bed, a fireplace, and a desk with a lone chair while I scoped out my surroundings. It was clean and already starting to feel homey like. "Well kids, now that we've got all this crap settled in, lets go celebrate!" I peered over at him from the corner of my eye, wondering if he was actually serious. "I just moved to a new fucking country and flown on two airplanes for over 16 hours, I think I've had enough excitement for one day." He slid an arm over my shoulder before grinning wickedly. "Ahh but you also haven't eaten a proper meal and you agreed to meet my friends in exchange. So, off we go!"

After arranging another taxi to come and pick us up, I somehow managed to find all of my makeup items and at least make myself look decent enough before it was time to leave. I applied a heavy dose of black eyeliner and finished it off with a light red eye shadow, not wanting to look too exhausted, even though it's exactly how I felt before I joined the others in the living room area. "Well look you decided to join in the fun after all. Come on! The night is young and our ride is here!" I groaned inwardly to myself as we were once again met with the frigid temperature and snow fall as we climbed in the waiting cab.

The clock read about 11:30, clearly suggesting that I was in no way going to be sleeping pretty much at all tonight. I practically had to plead with Bam for a good ten minutes until he would finally tell me where it was exactly that we were headed. "We're going to get good and wasted. It's your new home, time to break it in." I cursed under my breath a few choice words until we stopped at a local place called 'Sin'. After our cab fare was paid and we embarked upon the entrance, my face was immediately met with a large plume of smoke once the door opened wide.

The music blared loudly from the speakers overhead and the flashing lights blurred my vision as Bam navigated the way through the thick crowds of people. "Bam Bam! Green eyes! Over here!" I looked around casually wondering who it was yelling over to us but my realization was soon met as we stood at a table surrounded by men in tight leather pants and studded jackets. "Jussi! Jyrki! You all remember October, don't you?" I smiled somewhat nervously at them before being pulled into sweaty hugs. "Yes, the girl with the green eyes who could out drink a sailor. What do you think of Finland so far?" Jussi spoke first, before taking my hand and kissing the top of it. I sighed "It's cold, that's for sure." He laughed loudly at my comment as he took a drink from his glass.

Not wanting to intrude, the curiosity got the better of me and I just had to know what it was he was drinking. "The blood of many virgins, a true drink of the real Helsinki vampires!" He replied with a wink which suddenly made me feel sick to my stomach. "Don't listen to him darling, we're only teasing. It's Absinthe, care for some?" A mysterious figure suddenly said from behind him, casually appearing from the dark corner of the table. His green eyes and daring smile is what immediately caught my attention first. "Um, sure, I suppose." He nodded before passing over a shot glass and letting Jussi fill it up. "I hope you know what you're getting yourself into, green eyes." Jyrki then warned as I prepared to raise the glass to my lips.

I shrugged, looking over at everyone who then raised a glass of their own. "Here's a toast to you, October. For the start of your new life and debauchery!" Bam exclaimed before we all clanked glasses and chugged the waiting liquid. My throat immediately burned hot and the sudden urge to puke hit me like a ton of bricks as I choked back on the alcohol. "Easy does it, darling. I think one is definitely enough for you." The same mystery man said with a soft chuckle. I nodded vigorously, trying to catch my breath. "Yes, I think so too. Um..?" I trailed off, not knowing the man's name. He beamed warmly at me before extending his hand out to shake. "Ville, the name is Ville."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully this story can get more views! Thank you to my two subscribers and my one comment from kdennis9 who always supports my stories the most! I hope you all enjoy this, I know it's starting out slow but it will get better! Comments, feedback, it's all welcomed! Love you all! xo