Status: Updated as much as possible.

Labyrinth in the Shape of a Heart

Good Morning, Green Eyes

(October's POV)

I peeked my eyes open slowly, seeing specks of light creeping through the tiny blinds. I was in my room, thank God. After taking who knows many shots of what they called Absinthe and having one of Bam's favorite drinks of the 'Devil', I wasn't even sure of who or where I was anymore by the time we had gone home. "Shit." I hissed, my head pounding as I swung my legs over the edge of my bed and attempted to get up. "Bam?" I called out from my doorway. Nothing. I peeked my head into the living area, seeing Bam's friend Seth, still fast asleep on the floor. Where the hell could he be? I looked around a bit more, finally giving up when I looked outside, seeing the snow was still piled high even with the sun out. I headed back into my room, reaching for my phone on the small beside table.

Two missed calls; both of them from Bam. I dialed back hurriedly, with someone finally answering after the first four rings. "Jesus Christ, about time you woke up! Come get me, I'm in jail." I mentally smacked myself before looking around for my boots. "Are you serious? What the hell even happened last night?" The sounds of snickering could be heard in the background, obviously meaning that he was kidding. "No, I'm at Jussi's place. I don't even know how I got here honestly, so I couldn't tell you exactly what happened. Is Seth there? I thought he might have gotten lost or something." I drew in a quick breath before sighing. "Yep, he's here. I have the worst hangover in the world, you better get back here and buy me breakfast. I'm going to die." I groaned, a feeling of nausea soon starting to rise.

He laughed loudly before answering someone's question and then finally returning his attention to me. "Only if we can invite Ville." I raised a quizzical brow at him even though he couldn't see it. "Whatever, just come get me." He agreed, saying he would be here in a matter of twenty minutes or less, giving me just enough time to shower and get dressed. Seeing that it was already 11 am, I knew this was already going to be a long day. Suddenly remembering the person named Ville, the man I had met at the bar with the guys last night, I felt myself smile. He was indeed mysterious, that much was true. I only hoped I didn't make a complete fool out of myself around him seeing as I had absolutely no memory of much else that happened after he had introduced himself to me.

The cold water immediately threw me into shock when I had stepped inside the small tub, causing me to scream rather loudly. Thankfully though, after a few minutes it eventually turned warm enough for me to take a thorough shower. My mind raced and wandered every few minutes, it always leading back up to Chester. I missed him, that I couldn't deny, but I also still couldn't believe that he had actually chosen someone else over me. I blinked back a few stray tears before shutting off the water once I had finished up and wrapping a warm towel around my body. Carefully making my way back to my room, I hunted around for a proper weather permitting outfit. I definitely needed to go buy some more coats and jackets, that was for sure. Finally after about ten minutes of being super indecisive about pretty much everything, I was ready to face the day.

I was soon met with Bam once I entered the living room, who had a mischievous smirk glued to his face the minute he saw me. "What?" I asked, raising a brow slightly at him as we began on our trek outside. "You really have no idea what happened last night?" I shook my head as we got into a waiting taxi. "Not a clue. Why? Did I do something super embarrassing?" He shrugged, before casually handing over his phone to me. There on the screen, was a video of me, doing a terrible karaoke version of 'Boys Don't Cry' by the Cure. I quickly shielded my eyes away, handing it back to him with a clearly disgusted look on my face. "Oh come on, it wasn't that bad. Everyone was cheering anyway. Ville really seemed to like it too." I snapped my head to the side, looking at him in utter horror. "No! Damn it! This is why I didn't want to go anywhere with you! You suck!"

"Oh shut up, you had fun and you know it. This is your new life now, remember? Ah perfect, we're here!"

(Ville's POV)

I casually stood around the entrance of the cafe that Bam had instructed that I meet him and that lovely girl from last night, October, at. I smoked a couple of cigarettes to pass the time, looking at my watch every so often. I felt like an absolute train wreck after the many drinks that I had consumed on our evening out last night to welcome the girl to town. He had mentioned to me that she had just gotten out of a very lengthy relationship, that she was in desperate need of new friends, so I intended to make myself very available. I for one, was in dire need of new changes as well. "Hey, Ville!" I looked up, seeing Bam and October heading over towards me. I smiled warmly at the pair, following them along inside. We took a seat at a small table hidden in the back, the waitress greeting us instantly as we sat down. "Coffee anyone?" I asked them. Bam shook his head while October almost begged for a cup. Her green eyes were glossed over, signaling to me she must be hungover. I ordered two, seeing the girl's face perk up once it was brought over to her.

"So, how did you enjoy waking up in Finland this morning?" She took in a deep breath before exhaling slowly. "It was, uh, nice? Except for my massive hangover. Oh, and until Bam here decided to show me the little performance that I had put on for the entire bar last night. Sorry about that, by the way. I'm not one for making great first impressions." I smiled, eyeing her keenly. "No need to apologize darling, it was quite fun. Right Bam?" We both looked to him to answer, except he was in the process of trying to balance a spoon on his nose, clearly missing the entire conversation. "What?" Causing us both to laugh, I returned my attention back on her. "So you're from California? Obviously it's very different here from there. Can you speak any Finnish?" She shook her head, pondering that question for a brief moment. "Not a word. I guess I should have brushed up on that before moving here. But then again, Bam didn't exactly give me a formal move in notice. I just kinda turned up here last minute, if you will." I chuckled softly, seeing her smile.

As the conversation was about to die down, our waitress thankfully came back to take our order. "Umm, I honestly have no idea about anything. I'll take toast." I looked over at her before chuckling once more. "Not to worry, I'll help." She gave me an appreciative look as I ordered a plate of pancakes for her. It was evident that this girl was going to be needing a lot of help getting familiar with things around here once Bam left back home. "Thank you, Ville." I nodded, beaming warmly at her. "My pleasure, dear girl. Listen, once Bam leaves, you're obviously going to need all the help you can get figuring things out around here. How about I give you my number and you can call me any time you need something?" She hesitated a bit, looking semi afraid, but none the less agreed to it. I handed her over a small piece of paper which she tucked away in her jacket pocket. "Hey! Bam Bam!" All our attentions shifted over to the front of the restaurant, seeing Jussi and Jyrki heading straight for us. "Oh perfect." October muttered, more than likely to herself, but noticed that I heard and made a cheeky smile.

They slid in the beside me, Jussi immediately taking his attention to October. "Ah, Green Eyes! Good morning! How did you sleep? From the looks of your face, not too good huh?" I watched her expression stiffen some as she tried to keep the conversation light between the two. "I could always show you another good time, if you'd like. I wouldn't want a gorgeous gal like yourself traveling alone in a strange, new place anyhow. What do you say?" She looked to me hurriedly, pretty much saying it all with her eyes. "Sorry, Juss. I already offered my services of a tour guide to the little lady. Maybe next time." I said, giving her a sly wink which caused her to laugh. I watched Jussi scrunch up his nose and slightly pout. "Damn it, Valo. You never let me have anything!"
♠ ♠ ♠
And this is where it all begins now! Thank you all for being so patient with the updates, I know this is going slow, but from here on it will be lots of twists and turns. Hope you all are enjoying! Please let me know what you think! xo