Status: Updated as much as possible.

Labyrinth in the Shape of a Heart

Surprise!

(October's POV)

After my double date, if that's what you really can call it, with Burton and Ana, Ville had decided that it would be a good idea to go out for drinks with who else, none other than the Eyes. I was dreading it, partially because I was worried about Jussi bringing up our little make out session that happened a couple of nights ago in front of Ville, but I knew that it I couldn't let my fears get the best of me. "Ah! There you are, you green eyed devil!" Came Jussi's voice over the loud music that blared from the speakers as we entered the very tiny bar called 'Gin'. I mentally smacked myself for not paying better attention, that way I could have tried harder to be under the radar. Ville lead me through the tightly packed crowd until we reached the cramped booth, somehow squeezing ourselves inside. No matter what time of day it was, morning, afternoon, or night, the bars were always full of people. Almost immediately was I being passed two shots of Absinthe once I'm seated. "Oh no, none of that this time. Just get me a beer or something. I don't feel like waking up with the devil in my head." Jyrki laughs before passing over a can of some foreign beer. It looks weird, it smells weird, but actually tastes pretty great and I drink it down rather quickly, soon asking for another.

I can see Ville peeking over at me out of the corner of his eye. He has a coy looking smirk on his face and I know he can tell that I'm watching him. "Hey! I see you checking out my girl, Valo!" Jussi abruptly interjects with a loud yell, making me whip my head to the side and glare at him wide eyed. His face stiffens quickly as he catches me giving him practically a death stare. He throws his hands up in defense, backing up. "I was only teasing, calm down. I know our drunk debacles never meant a thing." I lessen my stare some and start to feel slightly bad. I knew he was only teasing, but I still didn't want to hear anyone try to claim me in that sort of sense. Especially not around Ville, even though I don't know why I cared so much if he heard, it's not like we were even dating or anything. We were strictly friends who were just getting the chance to know each other a little better. So why did it bug me so bad? "Sorry, Juss. They're fun and all, but that's it." I reach out and pat his arm lightly, making him chuckle. "Yeah, I know. And they're always on the table, if you're up for a good time." He winks now, making me swat at him playfully. "Maybe some other time, handsome."

Finally after my much needed pep talk with Jussi is over, I refocused my attention to Ville who just so happened to be on the other side of me. Thankfully the music was awfully loud so the chances that he heard our conversation was to a bare minimum. "Are you having a good time?" I ask him with a small smile. He nods, raising his glass up slightly. "I am, thank you for asking dear girl. Are you dealing with Jussi alright?" I shrug, pressing my lips tightly together. "You know how he is, always eager to jump at any chance to get me to talk to him." I glance up at the clock briefly that's in front of me, seeing that it's barely four in the afternoon, meaning that we had only been here for short of an hour. "You look like you're ready to call it a day so soon, sweetheart. We can go if you're ready." Ville says to me reassuringly. I didn't want to look like a downer but I really wasn't in the mood for drinking especially after I had just eaten a full meal only a mere couple of hours ago. "If you don't mind, that'd be great." He shakes his head understandingly before leaning over to mumble something into Jyrki's ear. "Leaving so soon, beautiful? I'll wait for your return." Jussi speaks up with a wave as I nod. "Goodbye. I'm sure I'll be seeing you all in a matter of hours anyways."

As we make our way through the crowds once more, the rush of cold, fresh air almost instantly wakes me up when we reach the outside. The sun is still high in the sky but the snow still continues to fall gracefully. "Do you want me to take you home, love? Or we can go for a walk?" Ville suggests with a hint of hopefulness in his voice. My mind is telling me to go but for some odd reason, I don't listen and agree to a walk with him. "Perfect, we can drive over to a place closer to it then." I just agree to whatever it is he says before climbing into the car and beginning on our short drive to wherever it was Ville wanted to go. When we get there, all I can see is a desolate path that seems to lead to pretty much nowhere. "We're going in there?" I point towards the brush that's engulfed by many tall pine trees and thick blankets of snow. He looks over at me before reaching out his hand. "It's beautiful, trust me. But it can get a bit dangerous so it's best if we stick together." I stare down at it for a split second until I once again agree, letting him take my hand in his as we begin on our walk. I'm cautious and weary of our surroundings as everything around us almost seems to disappear, turning into a more wooded and forestry setting. The wind is whipping and howling, making me have to pull my scarf tighter around my face to keep it from getting frostbitten.

What I'm faced with next, is literally one of the most beautiful things that I had ever seen in my entire lifetime. We reach the top of a steep hill that overlooks a gorgeous lake that had been completely frozen over. The sun gleams off of the top of the ice, making a beautiful rainbow effect. In the far distance, I can see what looks like a lone wolf prowling in the brush around. Ville pulls me somewhat closer to him until my back is pressed against his chest and I can feel his warm breath on the back of my neck. "It's beautiful, isn't it darling?" I nod, my lips quivering as I sense his lips brushing against my ear, making my whole body shiver. "But we must go, it'll be getting dark soon and we'll end up being the ones who are hunted next. Come along sweet girl." And just like that, the moment is quickly over and soon he's pulling away from me, only to take my hand as we begin to head back to the car. I'm silent the entire walk back because honestly, what the fuck do I even say to this whole thing? I was starting to feel feelings I hadn't felt before and it scared the shit out of me. I had only known this man for a little shy of ten days, how the fuck could I have feelings for someone I had just met? It had to be the void that was left in me from Chester. I was just trying to fill it up with whatever I could get and Ville just so happened to be the one that was giving it to me.

When we reach the car, he asks countless times if I'm alright. I just play it off as I'm tired from the long day and that the little bit of alcohol I still had in me was starting to wear off. He insists he'll take me back home as soon as he makes a quick stop to his place to grab some stuff he needed to take to Burton's place. I just go along with whatever he says at this point, because all I really wanted now was to go home and sleep the rest of the day away to try and get this feeling to leave me. We pull up to a large castle style home that even has a fucking tower and I'm in total awe as I stare at it. "You live here? You live here, of course you would. Bam had mentioned something along the lines of you living in a palace when I was first arriving here. Wow, it's beautiful." He smiles warmly, thanking me. "Would you like to come in for a second? It'll be quick, love. I promise." I'm reluctant but decide against my better judgement to go along with it anyways. I was actually sort of curious to see what it was like inside there anyhow. The steps are cobblestone and the doors are heavy with large knobs. I'm anxious as he opens it, cautious of what may be on the other side. It's dark and dim, the only light comes from the many flickering candles scattered around the room and it smells like incense.

Off in the far distance I can hear what sounds like hushed whispers. Immediately I look to Ville who honestly looks just as confused as I was. "Stay here darling, I'll go check it out." I do as I'm instructed and wait in what I assume to be Ville's living room while he leaves to investigate where the voices were coming from. It doesn't take long for him to return and he has a look of relief mixed with surprise on his face. "Come here darling girl, there's a surprise waiting for you ." I gaze at him puzzled but none the less agree to it, following him into another part of the house. Immediately I'm bombarded with a big hug and yelling in my face. "Surprise, fucker! I'm here a couple weeks early!" It's Bam and boy did I really miss him. We laugh and hug for a few minutes until we're suddenly interrupted by a woman with fiery red hair who clears her throat loudly. She has a semi unpleasant look on her face as her eyes meet mine once Bam and I let go of each other. "Shit, I'm sorry babe. Jackie this is October, one of my good friends from back home. October, this is my girl Jackie, the one I've told you about." The tension is rather thick and unpleasant in the air as we shake hands sort of awkwardly. I knew this was going to be a bad idea from the moment he told me. I look over at Ville helplessly. "He knew about this all along, didn't he?" I ask Bam who just grins innocently.

"He knew a little bit but I just didn't really tell him when, it was more of a just bring her to the house every day until I show up." I'm gritting my teeth tightly as I just hold back the urge to punch him. "ANYWAY! Now that we're all nice and acquainted, lets go get fucked up! It's been too long since I've gotten good and wasted. Drinks on me!" I'm dying now as I shift my gaze over to Jackie who has this smug and super unhappy stare stuck to her. "Oh boy. This is going to be one hell of a night." I mutter to myself, hoping no one else had heard me. I only prayed I didn't end up killing someone or somehow end up in a Finnish prison on my official tenth day here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, sorry its taken so long! Things get crazy around Christmas time but I hope you all are still enjoying! Thanks for all the love! xx