Status: Updated as much as possible.

Labyrinth in the Shape of a Heart

Battle of the Sexes

(October's POV)

From the moment we left the house and even when we had entered the club. I could feel Bam's girlfriend Jackie's eyes burning holes into the very back of my skull. I wasn't exactly sure why she was being incredibly standoffish with me, I hadn't even said a mere few words to her besides maybe hi? Nope, not even that. I actually haven't said anything to her, not even a simple hi, I barely shook her fucking hand and already I was receiving death stares. I guess it could be because Bam and I were close? But she knew about that already and everything, so what the hell exactly was her problem? I was never one to get along with significant others, as I had previously mentioned once before already, so I was anxious to find out but at the same time in no real rush, it was barely 10, I basically had a whole damn night to figure it out.

"Hei! Green Eyes! Over here, gorgeous!" It was Jussi, once again, just my fucking luck as usual. "Jussi, what a pleasure to see you again...for the second time today this evening." I let out an exasperated sigh, looking around to see where Ville had gone off to. He was standing by the bar, chit chatting away with my new friend Jackie, of all people. "I can see you're already preoccupied with Valo, I'll leave you to it then." I quickly yanked him back by his arm just as he started to wander off, keeping him at my side. "No, stay. I insist." A devious grin spreads across his face as soon as those words had left my mouth. "Feeling a little jealous, aye there darling?" I shook my head violently. I wasn't jealous at all, why would I be? She was with Bam anyways. "If you behave, you just might get a make out session after all this is over."

To my surprise, I actually couldn't believe that I had willingly said that without the help of any alcohol whatsoever yet. And from the look on Jussi's face after said sentence had left my mouth, pretty much left me instantly regretting it. "I see you and Mr.69 have gotten cozy? Poor Ville, that's probably why he thinks he doesn't have a chance with you." I whip my head to the side, suddenly seeing Bam's slightly drunken face come beside me. Again, I shake my head no consistently, but he's not buying it. "What do you mean by that? Ville hasn't made any type of move thus far that would show he's even interested in me. We've gone out for lunch, went on a hike, and he took me out to the market place a few weeks ago, that's it. Purely innocent, friendship. And as for Jussi, he's just being his normal self. I'm not interested, you know how serious my last relationship was." He just presses his lips together before making a sort of pouting face. Just great, this wasn't over yet.

"Bullshit, he's been keeping his eyes fixed on you from the moment we got here!" I scan over quickly towards where he was last standing, seeing he was still wrapped up in conversation with Jackie but it was clear, his eyes were in fact looking in my direction. I adverted my gaze back to Bam who in return had a cheeky smirk spread across his face. "Shut up, that doesn't mean anything. He clearly seems to be taking a liking to your woman, no?" He laughs rather loudly before patting me on the back. "Please, Ville is like a brother to Jackie, all the guys are. They get along with her great and she loves them. It sounds like your the one whose jealous now, buddy." As if right on cue before I could belt out another round of reasoning to disagree completely against his ruling, a tray of shots was placed directly in front of me. "Drink up, kids!" And so I did, a good five or six of them back to back, maybe even more, at least that's how many I remember the last time I had tried to keep count.

The next time I checked the clock, from what I could tell, said that it was already midnight. Jussi kept himself glued to my side the entire time as we snuck away from the group and headed to the overly crowded dance floor. I was never one for this type of shit, but seeing as I was filled with copious amounts of alcohol, I really could give a fuck less about what was happening at that moment. I swayed my hips along to the beat, feeling Jussi grind himself up against me from behind. I turned, so we were face to face this time but let him lead the way completely. We were incredibly hot and practically drenched with sweat by the time two songs had passed, leaving me completely out of breath and reeking of booze. "October!!" I turn as we make our way back up to the bar, seeing it was Ville this time who was calling out to me. I staggered up the small flight of stairs in an attempt to make my way over to him but thankfully he ended up coming to me instead, just as I was about to tip over and fall down to the floor. "Hei, I think you've had a little too much darling."

I waved my hand as he kept me nestled into his side, trying to think of what to say in response. I guess from the looks of things, I did have maybe just a bit more than I should have. "I'm fun." That wasn't what I meant. "Yes, you are fun sweetheart, but I think it's time we got you home and into bed." I shook my head then, trying to pull away from him. "No, I wanna go home with Jussi." Wait, what the hell did I just say?! "Oh really now? Well I hate to break it to you, dear girl, but Jussi already left for the night with another victim, a blonde woman. So I guess that leaves you in my care." Again, I tried to disagree with him but he wasn't having none of it as he began to pretty much carry me out of the bar. Damn me and my very small stature. "Ville!!" He turned with me in tow, seeing a very drunk Bam and the she devil Jackie approaching us now. I tried my hardest to bite my tongue and not say anything else that I might end up seriously regretting tonight to anyone else but my mind wasn't agreeing with me at all one bit. "Oh great, here comes the she devil."

"Excuse me? What did you call me?" Ville quickly clamped his hand over my mouth to stop me from talking but yanked it away when I decided to bite him. "Ow! Damn!" I grinned innocently before patting his arm in apology and taking another swing at poor Jackie. "I said, she devil. Cause that's what you are, Jackie." Now it was Bam's turn to step in and try to stop me. "Shhh, Octoby! You'll make me look bad!" Jackie shot him a death glare this time, before proceeding to punch him in the arm. "This is exactly the reason why I didn't want to come out here and watch you drink yourself like an idiot, especially with her here. I've tried my hardest to be nice to all of your friends Bam but I won't keep taking disrespect from a little slut like her!" And cue to a very not so nice slew of angry, not very useful words that only made me look more ridiculous. "Listen here, bitch! I am not a slut, so fuck it. Next, I am was in a serious committed partner. I was with my love life for two whole year. So before you go calling anyone a slut, I agree you should think better of words before you speak."

"We're leaving, Bam. On the next flight back to Philly. Unless you wanna stay here and parade around with your little gal pal over there, I suggest you come back with me to the room. The choice is yours." Without much backlash, Bam silently agreed before saying a soft goodbye to both Ville and I, following alongside Jackie to a waiting cab. I threw myself into a slump on the floor, crying my eyes out, and not even caring that I was in the midst of a growing snow storm. "Come here, sweet girl. Don't cry, it's going to be alright. Come on, October, you're going to get sick darling enkeli." I sniffled greatly although my tears and snot practically froze before even hitting the ground. Deciding against my better judgement, I let him collect me and my pathetic self from off of the ground and help me to his car. The ride back to my house was warm and eerily quiet, which I greatly appreciated. When we pulled up into the driveway finally, I decided to ask Ville what that word he had called me earlier meant. He smiled graciously at me before taking my hand in his. "It means angel, sweet girl. Now come along, lets get you tucked away inside before you catch your death."

I just nodded, feeling a wave of both sleep and nausea start to over take me as we walked up the pathway to my small home. Once inside, I immediately threw myself down onto the small sofa and practically passed out, clearly exhausted from the entire day I had. "You can sleep over, I don't mind, it's kinda late and scary out." Ville chuckled softly before accepting my offer. "Alright darling, I'll stay because you make a very good point." I only remember hiccuping after that, and feeling him drape a blanket over my body and I think he even kissed the top of my head before making his own bed on the floor beside me. "Goodnight, sweetheart. Hopefully you remember this all in the morning."
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, so sorry for the lack of timely updates! I hope you all are still enjoying this! It's bit slow but eventually things will spice up more! I love you all! xx