Forever Warped

Burning out his fuse up here alone

Image


I let out an excited squeal as I followed my cousin and the rest of his band off their tour bus with my sister close in tow. Due to my excitement, I wasn’t paying attention and missed the last step and fell to the pavement with a thud. Before Bindy could grab my hand to help, I was already up and running towards the group of guys that were leaving us behind. I jumped on Geoff’s back and he let out a groan, but carried me to our destination nonetheless.

We passed tons of other merch tents being set up before we finally came to a stop at a familiar tent with the band’s name displayed on all sides. Waterparks. I always secretly thought it was a stupid name for a band, but Awsten, Geoff, and Otto were super proud of it so I went along with it. Just as I got off Geoff’s back, Lucas and John showed up with a cart full of boxes I assumed was the merch.

Bindy and I listened as Lucas told us how he thought we should set the tent up, but that it was our decision in the end. He told the boys to follow him, causing Otto to run to my sister and give her a quick peck on the lips before returning to his tour manager’s side leaving Bindy and I to start setting up. I knew we couldn’t take our precious time considering the gates would be opening in just a few short hours and there was so much we had to do.

“Can you believe it, Bin?” I asked as we arranged the shirts against the backdrop of the tent. “We’re actually here. We get to tour the country with the guys, we get to see so many bands, we get to meet so many new people. It’s like a dream come true.”

She just shook her head and let out a small laugh as she made her way to the front of the tent to make sure everything looked good. Just as we finished, Lucas and the rest of the gang showed up and gave their seal of approval along with our official Warped Tour all access passes and a cash bag.

“Now,” Lucas spoke as he put on his sunglasses. “These passes will get you in just about anywhere in the festival grounds. Except for other another band’s tour bus. You have to be invited or else it’ll be extremely awkward. From now til we take the tent down, one of you has to stay at the tent at all times, under no circumstance is this merch tent to be unoccupied. If you need anything, call me or John and we’ll get here as fast as we can. Capiche?”

“Yes, sir! Gotcha, sir!” I grinned as I saluted him, causing him to roll his eyes in my direction. “Thank you for the opportunity, sir!”

“Jesus, Kat. I’m already regretting this.” He muttered as he walked away with Awsten and Geoff in tow. “It’s going to be a long summer.”

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Bindy pulling Otto away from the group and towards the bus area. I let out a huff and sat down in one of the chairs behind the table as my plan of going to explore had been ruined. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back, letting the small battery powered fan cool my sweating head as my thoughts drifted away. I was pulled from my little nap as I heard what sounded like a stampede of elephants come pass and I realized the gates were now open and my sister was still gone.

I watched as people hurried through looking at all the tents around and grinned as a line started forming at our tent. I was excited, but also a little nervous considering I was doing this all alone. As each person bought something, I reminded them that today’s meet and greet started at 1. I chuckled to myself as a few girls fangirled with each other, obviously excited to meet the guys. They aren't that cool... Take it from someone who knows them.

Soon enough, the meet and greet came and went with no sign of my sister. When I finally got a chance to ask Otto, he said he hadn’t seen her since she left the bus around 12:30. I rolled my eyes and let out a frustrated groan. When she got back, I was going to let her have it. How dare she leave me on the first day...

She finally appeared what felt like hours later with a dazed smile on her face as she took a seat. I handed a blue haired girl the shirt she wanted and after she left, I gave my sister a hard glare. She gave me a sheepish grin but it helped none. I was still extremely upset with her.

“Thanks a-fucking-lot, Belinda! I’ve been in this tent by myself for hours and I really have to fucking pee! I sure hope Otto’s dick and whatever else was worth it cause I’m super mad at you right now. I’m gonna go pee and maybe, just maybe, I’ll come back and help you out.”

“God, Katrina. Get your panties out of a wad, yeah? Maybe you’re the one that needs some dick, it’ll chill you the fuck out. I was out watching some bands, I didn’t think it was that big of a deal. Now go pee before you end up pissing all over the merch. No one wants piss shirts.”

“Fuck you, B.”

“Love you too, little sister.” She countered back as I left the tent. “Bring me back some nachos while you’re out!”

After I found the restroom, I decided to walk around and catch a few performances, but it was absolutely packed everywhere I went. I smirked to myself as the all access pass glimmered in the sun, almost begging me to put it to use, and soon enough, I found myself backstage of Journey’s Left Foot Stage. I picked a spot out of the way, but could still see the band and the massive crowd that was enjoying the day.

I was so focused on watching the band playing, I didn’t realize someone had walked up beside me until I was forcefully poked in the side. I scowled and turned, only to come face to face with a smiling Geoff. I could see Otto and Awsten off in the distance, talking to someone I didn’t know. I focused my attention back on the empty stage to see their roadies starting to set their instruments up.

“I’m glad you get to watch us.” Geoff whispered as he slid his arm around my waist. “You’re my good luck charm. God, I really missed you these past few weeks. It feels like it's been forever.”

“Geoff.” I warned as I removed his arm. “You have to stop, okay? We can’t do this, I can’t do it anymore. It was a mistake, one I wish I could take back. You have Chloe, little Rory too, and I’m so tired of the lying, sneaking, and cheating.”

“Kat,” His eyes pleaded, almost begging me to stop talking. “Don’t do this.”

“No, this is done.” I whispered harshly as Awsten and Otto started to approach. “Just fucking stay away from me, okay?”

I stormed away from the guys who were all calling out my name. I walked for a few minutes until I found myself in the middle of the tour bus lot. I knew they were about to go on stage, so I had a little bit of time to compose myself before anyone would come looking for me. I opened the bus door, ready to smoke one of the joints Belinda had hidden from Otto in her bunk. Once inside, my phone buzzed in my pocket and instead of checking it, I turned my rage to the stack of magazines and empty cans on the table beside me.

“Dude! What the actual fuck?” A voice asked as everything went flying through the air and landed on the ground. “What are you doing?”

“Oh jesus fuck!” I screamed as a shirtless guy came into view, scaring the mess out of me. “Why the fuck are you shirtless and what are you doing on our bus?!?”

“Uh… I’m shirtless because this is my bus.” He said as it was the most obvious thing in the world. “Unless we suddenly got a new member I don’t know about, I’m almost a hundred percent sure you’re on the wrong bus.”

“Of course this is happening.” I chuckled to myself in disbelief, causing him to raise an eyebrow as the realization set in. “Oh my god… I’m on the wrong bus and I threw all your shit in the floor. Oh.. God, I’m gonna go now. I am so sorry.”

“I was going to throw it all out anyway. Let me guess, first warped tour?” He asked as I slowly nodded in reply. “How about we clean this mess and I’ll help you find your bus?”

I gave him a small smile as I quickly bent down to pick up the trash while he searched a few drawers before finding a small trash bag. As he was tied the bag up, I used it as an opportunity to take a quick peek at him. He was extremely attractive, that was for sure. His messy black hair was falling into his eyes and his whole top half was adorned with many tattoos. He looked up and met my gaze, causing me to quickly look away as he let out a little laugh before disappearing, saying he was going to put on a shirt.

I stood outside the bus with a cigarette hanging from my mouth as I debated on whether I was actually going to wait or if I was going to take off and find the bus on my own. The decision was made for me when the door opened, revealing the guy who was no longer shirtless and had combed his hair back out of his face, showing off a pair of beautiful blue eyes.

“What bus are we looking for again?” He asked as we walked past another bus.

“Waterparks. I'll recognize it when I see it. Maybe. Hey, wait... I’m almost positive it’s this one right here.”

Almost as if on cue, all three guys appeared from behind a bus, stopping short as they saw me. Geoff’s eyes lingered on me for a second before darting to the guy beside me, a frown forming on his face as he took in the sight in front of him. It was an awkward moment until my cousin finally spoke.

“Who’s your friend, Kat?”

I pursed my lips together, realizing I had never actually gotten his name. I glanced up at him, unsure of what to say, but he took it from there.

“Andy Biersack. I was just helping… Kat… find the right bus. Now that’s she’s returned safely, I’ll be on my way.” He shifted his attention from the confused and upset guys back to me. “My band plays on the left foot stage at 8:15 tonight. You should come watch if you get a chance.”

“Wouldn't miss it, sir.” I smiled as he started to walk back towards his bus while I climbed the stairs into our own bus. “Nice to meet you, Andy!” He waved as he disappeared from the way we had come only moments ago, leaving me with the guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter title: Rocket Man- Elton John

Hi lovelies! This is a new one I've been working on for a little while now. It obviously revolves around Warped '18 (RIP WARPED) and may contain any band members from any band that was on tour! I apologize ahead of time if something doesn't completely coincide with what actually happened at warped, but I did my best to research everything! Hope you enjoy :) Also- still tweaking the story layout so bear with me until I get it perfect lol

Kat

Belinda

Waterparks
From left to right: Geoff Wigington, Awsten Knight, Otto Wood

Andy Biersack

Kat's clothes