Status: Coming soon!

BTS Story

Chapter 1

Have you ever felt like the universe is set in a certain way and then you’re thrust into a crazy situation that makes you question everything in life? The way you live, the decisions you’ve made thus far, and who you are? That’s what happened to me.

But where are my manners? This is the story of how I met BTS and the crazy adventure that happened to me. In order to explain that, I guess I have to start from the beginning.

My name is Suri Parker. I’m mixed with Native American and African-American. I am the daughter of the famous millionaire, Victor Parker. My dad is on the board of directors for Sony Interactive Entertainment for the US district (yes, the one for video games and technology). However, I’ve been kept out of the spotlight as requested of my mom before my parents divorced when I was little. Ever since then, he’s changed. He used to be kind and caring, but after the divorce, he’s turned into a strict, controlling father. Don’t get me wrong, he makes sure I’m taken care of financially, but he’s hardly ever at home nor asks me about my life.

As for my mom, Sarah Parker (now known as Sarah Lewis), she and I don’t talk often, but we’re still close. She’s the owner of Cover Girl magazine and is more down to earth than my dad.

I, on the other hand, am not aspiring to take over some big company in a couple of years. I am more interested in modeling, but I don’t have the confidence in my looks to do it. Also, I’m a bit of an introvert. So, instead, I do what I’m best at which is talking-online of course. I have an online blog in which I use to talk about life and how to enjoy it while also answering a lot of questions for other people if they need advice with things happening in their lives. Ironic, I know. I don’t even have the courage to tell my dad anything so one would say I have no control in my life, but I digress.

Anyway, I’ve lived with my dad since the divorce and only see my mom once or twice a year specifically for my birthday and Christmas (only actually spending time with my mom on Christmas).

In recent times, I’ve moved to a city called Verome. It's a beautiful city that’s always bustling, but has it’s hidden gems of quiet and serene places-everything I could imagine. I was able to convince my dad (only with extreme persuasion from my mom) to let me move here on my own away from him while I try my hand at being away from either of them. I live in this condo, but my dad chose it.

I live alone, but my dad insisted on getting a 2 bedroom if I have any nights with friends and they want to stay over. I’m not sure who he thinks I am, but I’m not a wild person nor would I bring anyone home like that.

Enough backstory about me, this is a story about how I somehow met BTS, one of the greatest K-Pop groups ever.

It all started like a typical morning. It had only been about six months since I’ve been living in Verome.

Beep, beep, beep.

“No,” I mumbled moving my right hand to the right on my headboard while my face was buried in my pillow.

Beep, beep, beep.

“Seriously,” I got out moving my hand now to the left trying to stop the annoying beep of my alarm finally hitting the button.

Sitting up with crazy bedhead, I scratched my arm, then looked at the alarm I just silenced glancing at the time yawning. Doing a double take, I gasped and began to panic. I was late-again. I ran to my walk-in closet grabbing a clean pair of underwear, jeans, a shirt, and a jacket from their respective places, and tossed the clothes onto my bed.

I got dizzy from the sudden speed I gained and lack of food in me, but my bladder superseded those feelings causing me to dash to the bathroom. After relieving myself, I washed my hands and stripped down to take a quick shower.

Once I was done, I got ready for the day [deciding to let my hair air dry], then grabbed my messenger bag and a pouch that contained my cosmetics (lip balm and hand cream) tossing the items into the bag. Then, I grabbed my reading glasses, wallet, notebook, and a pen.

I headed to the kitchen seeing my laptop and charger on the counter. A sigh escaped me as I grabbed them, sorting them into my bag. Opening the fridge, I grabbed a travel size bottle of orange juice sadness filling me as I realized I needed to do grocery shopping. A nearly empty fridge shouldn’t exist since I live alone.

Walking to the pantry, I grabbed a paper napkin and a couple of cereal bars tossing it all into my bag. I walked over towards the door and grabbed the keys to my condo making a dash to my room as I nearly forgot my phone, headphones, and phone charger.

I had to get to a local grocery store which was a half an hour’s ride from my house. My boss was probably going to kill me.

Just as the thought crossed my mind, my phone rang with the name Shelby on the screen.

“Damn it,” I mumbled, then proceeded to clear my throat before answering.

“Seriously, Suri, you’re late again?” My boss got out before I could even speak.

Shelby was nice, but this would be the umpteenth time I’ve been late since my first day 5 months ago. I was a wreck from the night before since I found out BTS was coming to Verome, bought a VIP ticket, and worked an extra 3 hours on my blog helping people online. I had purchased a ticket for myself initially, but after informing Shelby about the concert, she begged me to get a ticket for her daughter, Ami, who was a coworker and also a fan of the group. Let’s just say I didn’t want to, however, I also didn’t want to potentially lose my job nor favor with Shelby.

Ami and I didn’t get along, but it’s only because we didn’t really know each other. Shelby always tried to make us hang out, but we never did. Our schedules just never matched up, plus, I’m an introvert and don’t really like to be around people I don’t know for too long.

“Sorry, Shelby. I overslept,” I answered biting my lip and closing my eyes as I scrambled to put on my shoes and swiped my car key from the small dish that held my keys while also praying she wouldn’t fire me.

Darting down the steps, I somehow managed to not trip from the speed. I locked the door to my condo, then reached my car.

“Honestly, Suri, you’re lucky we’re short-staffed today,” Shelby’s voice rang through my ear as I held the phone to ear with my shoulder setting my bag into the passenger seat.

“I’m sorry, Shelby. I’ll be there in 10,” I insisted.

“You’d better be,” she answered shortly and my phone beeped twice signaling she had hung up.

A sigh of relief escaped me as I placed the key into the compartment near the cup holder and pushed the start button before making my ride down there.

As I drove, I thought back to BTS and the upcoming concert I was to attend this Saturday. I’m a huge fan of K-Pop. BTS is just one of the many groups I fell in love with, but only recently. I still have yet to learn about each member individually and by appearance. When I lived with my dad, I hadn’t gone to concerts nor did anything fun. I stayed to myself and focused on school. Since moving, I also hadn’t traveled to other cities nor went to any events in town.

My thoughts went to the shopping I’d have to do somehow before the concert as well as attending aforementioned concert with Ami. I bit my lip as I realized I hadn’t even talked to her about any of it and she probably wasn't looking forward to attending it with me either.

Reaching the store, I took a deep breath and parked the car.

“OK. I can do this,” I said to myself to wash away the negative thoughts and get motivated for the day.

I got out and walked in only to be greeted by Ami. She wore a blank expression as I entered and did a slight nod to me, then towards the office in the back of the store. My eyes landed on Shelby as she stood with her arms folded with a thumb pointed to her door. A few of the other coworkers watched as Ami and I walked to Shelby’s office some of them smirking at me while one of them looked a bit sympathetic.

We reached the office and she closed the door behind us.

“Suri, you can’t keep doing this. Why do you keep coming in late particularly on Fridays and Saturdays?” Shelby asked with her arms folded as she stood behind her desk.

I dropped my head as guilt got the better of me. Shelby knew my blog was a large part of my life and that this job was something I was trying to do so I could become more social and have the experience, but she didn’t know about my history with my parents nor much else about me.

“I’m sorry, Shelby. I got caught up with my blog last night,” I repeated for what seemed to me the 50th time.

For some reason, I always got a surge to questions and situations on Thursday and Friday nights particularly from one of my subscribers called BintinShine7.

“Again, Suri?” Shelby asked heatedly a scowl on her face.

“Mom, please,” Ami said suddenly shocking both me and Shelby.

She looked from me to Ami and back again as an exasperated sigh escaped her.

“Fine, but if you’re late one more time, I’ll have to let you go. OK?” Shelby said staring at me now.

“Y-yes, ma’am,” I answered immediately as relief washed over me.

“Now, get to work, girls,” she said as she finally sat down in her chair.

I bowed slightly towards her out of habit due to the many meetings my dad made me go to when I was in high school. We opened the door, heading to the employee room that had our lockers.

“Thanks,” I got out as I began rushing, taking my phone out of the bag and placed it on silent, then on the bench. I quickly unlocked my locker, grabbed my apron and name tag settling it all on as the awkwardness filled the air due to the silence.

“No problem. Hey,” Ami said catching me off guard again.

She really has to stop doing that.

“My mom said you got me a ticket to the BTS concert tomorrow. Is that true?” She asked speaking a bit louder than the previous time.

I felt the muscles in my jaw nearly slipping as the shock wanted to leave my mouth open. I quickly regained control before responding.

“Yeah. She told me you were a fan so I got one for you,” I answered with a smile.

It was kind of nice Ami actually asked me instead of being rude, as I’ve heard other people say she was to them. I personally had never seen it, but the other co-workers don’t like her apparently.

“I see,” she said before walking to the door.

“Don’t take too long. My mom will be mad if we don’t start shelving soon,” she concluded then walked out to the floor.

Uh huh. I thought. That wasn’t weird at all. I don’t know why I felt a bit happy like someone actually cared about me here. It was… nice.

The day passed on as Ami and I finally got to working on shelving some beauty products. She finished before I did and instead went to one of the cash registers for a while. I worked was now on the phone and accessories section when the bell on the door sounded signaling someone had entered the store.

“Welcome to Shelby’s!” One of our other coworkers, Paris, greeted the customer in a semi-excited tone most likely having been distracted by her phone as she always did.

“Hi. I’m looking for a phone caber,” a man said with an accent.

“I’m sorry. A What?” Paris asked with a raised brow and in a tone louder than she spoke previously.

I looked towards them as I imagined smacking her in the face for her rudeness. Paris was the number one pain in the butt for me working at Shelby’s. She has never been nice to any of the workers, but somehow still has her job. She’s nice to the customers, usually, but only when she’s working the register. Today, however, she was to be a greeter and pass out pamphlets-her least favorite things to do on the job next to cleaning.

“A caber,” the guy repeated looking a bit flustered.

“I’m sorry. I don’t know what you’re saying. What’s a caber?” She asked in a condescending tone.

I placed the phone cases I was shelving into the box I got them out and walked over to them just as the guy pulled out his phone and was making hand motions clearly not sure of what to say.

“You need a cable for your phone?” I asked kindly to the customer catching his and Paris’ attention (whom rolled her eyes at me).

I pulled out my phone and made the motion as though I was putting a charger cable in and out. He understood and smiled.

“Y-yes. That’s what I want,” he answered in a cheerful tone.

“OK. Right this way, sir,” I replied motioning with my hands to follow, but it seemed not necessary as he was walking in the direction I was pointing.

“What phone do you have?” I asked suddenly causing him to get flustered.

“IPone,” he answered in a slightly nervous tone.

“May I see your phone?” I asked kindly.

He handed me his phone and I saw it was the same as mine, but a different color. I gave it back to him and then looked at the cables we had and picked one out for him.

We walked over to a register in which I logged in to check the item out for him.

“That will be $20. How would you like to pay for that today?” I inquired just as thunder sounded.

It was supposed to rain today?

The man looked even more nervous than before speaking.

“Sseulegi nae jigab-eul ilh-eo beolyeoss-eo,” he answered looking a bit upset.

I wrinkled my brows as I became confused. Crap. He was speaking another language-one no one here understood.

“I’m sorry?” I asked trying not to be rude at all.

“I have no money,” he got out looking embarrassed.

Shoot. This guy had no money. I began worrying for him. He obviously wasn’t from here. Now that I think about it, he looks pretty familiar. I began taking in his appearance. He was a few inches taller than me and was wearing a black hoodie with a pair of jeans and sneakers. He didn’t look bad at all and was Asian with amazing skin. His hair was black with orange streaks towards the bottom and had brown eyes. He definitely wasn’t from around here.

I realized he had a bit of sweat on his forehead and seemed a little out of breath almost as though he had been walking around for hours. Something compelled me to help him, but with no phone and a communication barrier, I was at a loss.

“Wait here, please,” I said in a firm, but kind tone.

I walked over to Paris before speaking to her.

“Do you mind keeping an eye on him real quick? I’m going to grab my wallet,” I told her.

“Your wallet? For what? If he has no money, it’s his loss,” she replied with an attitude.

I refrained from actually hitting her this time. What is wrong with this girl?

“No, it’s not his loss. Now just watch him for a minute, OK?” I hissed turning my heel and went to the locker room.

I realized it was 2 in the afternoon as I pulled my phone out of my pocket to check the time. Time for me to clock out anyway. I grabbed my bag then pulled off the apron and name tag, locking the locker behind me.

When I returned to the register, instead I saw Paris had logged in as expected and re-scanned the item. She stood not even looking at the guy and instead was interested in her nails earning an eye roll from me.

I pulled out one of my debit cards only to briefly catch the guy’s eyes widen and he stammered in protest.

“N-no, it’s OK,” he got out a few times.

“It’s on me, don’t worry, sir,” I insisted with a smile paying for the cable before he could protest further. Rain began to pour harder outside and I began to get even more worried for this guy I didn’t even know.

I decided to do something I’d never thought I’d do. I grabbed a large umbrella and paid for that as well before motioning him to follow me to my car.
♠ ♠ ♠
First update to this story. I currently have about 6 chapters written so far. Please be kind with the criticism simply because I am a bit rusty and haven't written in months.

I've been contemplating a bit to delete this page and instead stick with my Wattpad page. I might upload the content there instead of here. However, I might just use this site as an archive for my previous works that are still around. If you're interested in my Wattpad page, please click here.

As always, please don't forget to comment.