Falling for Him

Chapter Four

As hours turn to days, the day of their first date creeps closer and closer and before Jonathan knows it, it’s Friday evening, exactly 6pm, and in exactly one hour the Captain is taking the girl of his dreams on their very first date.

Their very first date

Finally

So he dresses in dark jeans, a navy blue sweater and sprays some aftershave. He checks the clock and smiles.

In exactly 10 minutes he’ll pick her up, give her the bouquet of lilies and roses and try his best not to screw it up.

Jon grabs the flowers, and quickly texts her to say he’s on his way. He arrives at her doorstep in two minutes to spare.

“Wow” was the first thing that came out of his mouth as soon as she opened the door.

She giggles, “I’m going to take that as a compliment”

Jon smiles, the angst he felt a few minutes ago completely vanished as he looks into her ocean blue eyes, “You look absolutely beautiful. Wow I am so undeserving.”

“You’re not.” She grins, “You’re very handsome.”

He checks out her dark blue summer’s dress that hugs her curves in all the right places and wishes he could comb his fingers through her beautiful blonde curls.

Jon snaps out of his awe and hands her the bouquet, “I uh… I brought you flowers”

Camille smiles, “Thank you. They are beautiful. Let me put this in water and then I’ll be with you. You’re welcome to come in”

“Thanks” He steps into her apartment and smiles at the décor, he smiles at the picture of her and a younger boy, “Is this your brother?”

“Yeah” she grins as she fishes out a vase and fills it with water. “That’s Michael. He’s 18.”

“How is he?” Jon asks

“He’s… still sick. He’s not getting better, the doctors are doing everything they can but I don’t know.”

“I’m sorry Camille”

She shakes her head and gives him a smile, “I told him I’m going out on a date with you”

“Oh?” Jon chuckles, “What did he say about that?”

“He loves it. He told me I’m the luckiest girl on the face of the planet which I already knew”

Jon smiles at her

“Let’s go” Camille says with a grin and Jonathan grabs her hand, intertwining their fingers.

Jon drives them to Everest, a fancy fine-dining restaurant overlooking the beauty of Chicago’s city scape and Camille raises an eyebrow in awe and astonishment.

“Wow. This is a… this is a fancy place.”

Jon smiles, “You deserve it.” He hops out of his car and opens her door for her making her grin. “What a gentleman. Thank you.”

“Come on.”

The maître d smiles at the couple as they walk in

“Hallo sir, ma’am. Do you have a reservation?”

Jonathan nods, “I have. Under Toews”

She smiles, “Right this way” as the maître d walks them to their table, Camille gapes at the fine exterior of the restaurant, her nostrils dance in the flavours of the food and she smiles at the breath taking view.

“Wow, this is beautiful”

Jon smiles, but he doesn’t look at the view, “very beautiful”

Camille looks into her eyes and blushes at the smoldering look in his brown eyes

“So Jonathan Toews, talk to me, tell me about yourself”

Jon smiles, “I’m actually a pretty boring person.”

Jon laughs as Camille raises her eyebrow and he continues;

“My name is Jonathan Bryan Toews, my mom’s Andree and my dad is Bryan. I have a brother David. He’s playing hockey as well, I’m from Winnipeg, and I love Waffles even though it’s not on my diet. I play for the Chicago Blackhawks, I’m nicknamed Captain Serious because apparently I’m never smiling during Playoffs”

“Wow, so I’m on a date with the Captain?”

“You’re on the date with Jonny Toews” Jonathan corrects her making her chuckle, “I can’t wait to see how you are during Playoffs.”

Jon grins, “So there’s a future for me in your life?”

Camille looks him directly in his eyes, “Yes there is”