Falling for Him

Chapter Five

Loud giggles echo in the empty stadium at midnight. The sun has set outside, the people cleared out and now the only two left on the ice is Jonathan and Camille.

"Put your right foot forward" Jonathan instructs as he tries, emphasis on 'tries', to teach the blonde how to skate.

"I'm gonna fall" she screeches making Jon laugh out loud, "You're not gonna fall. I promise. I won't let you fall"

Camille looks up at him and takes his breath away with her smile, the moment disappears when the janitor clears his throat

"It's late kids, what are you doing here?" Camille giggles softly and Jon tries to shush her with a smile, "Sorry sir, we'll be on our way"

The janitor, a kind old man with a warm smile, shakes his head and continues mopping the floors. "No worries. You can stay. Lock up when you leave Mr Toews" Who is he to stand in the way of young love?

"He pronounced your name right!" Camille says as soon as the janitor is gone, "You have to learn how to use inside voice" Jon laughs and Camille soon joins in.

"He totally stepped on our moment though, do you think we can have two moments in one night?"

Jon swallows loudly. Her smile, the sparkle in her eyes, it has drawn him in since the first day he saw her.
He feels nervous, his hands feel clammy.

"I really like you Cam"
"I think we've established that" she mutters with a cheeky grin, "How about you show me how much you like me?"

"Right here on the ice?" Jon jokes with reddened cheeks and a twinkle in his eyes, reminding Camille of a little boy that stole cookies out of the cookie jar.

"Get your head out of the gutter dork. Now the second moment is ruined" She complains and Jonathan lets out a booming laugh, a laugh that is rarely being heard. The Captain Serious has turned into a man with a heart swelled with happiness and joy, and it's all thanks to the woman in front of him.

"No. No moment is ruined. It's perfect, this night is perfect. You are perfect"

"I'm not perf-" Jon cuts her off with a mind blowing, breathtaking, kiss. Camille leans in closer and wraps her arms around his neck. The kiss deepens. Jon smiles into the kiss and pulls away with a content sigh.

"Have I told you how beautiful you are?" Jon whispers in her hair and Camille smiles, "It won't hurt to tell me again"

Jon laughs, "You're beautiful. So damn beautiful"

"Right back at ya" she grins and kisses him again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short and sorry you waited so long!