Falling for Him

Chapter Two

"What are you here for?"
Camille turned her head to the left to find a gorgeous man, dressed in dark blue jeans and a tight black golf shirt, sitting next to her. She's been so out of it ever since she came back from her brother's room that she hasn't even see this man sitting next to her.

"Uh, my brother's sick. What about you?" she asks kindly, aware of the fact that she looked like crap. She's showered this morning after Doctor Ethan forced her to go home, but she never even bothered with makeup or blow-drying her hair.

"My friend's an idiot. Got into a fight last night, or well, this morning and I've been waiting for him for 4 hours."

Camille furrowed her eyebrows, "why so long? did he get hurt badly?"

"No" he shrugged, "he doesn't want to go home to, and I quote, 'an empty house filled with misery and despair' so he's been flirting with all the nurses and refuses to leave. I'm his ride home, so of course I'm sitting here, bored out of my mind"

Camille laughs at the stranger, "well if you want I'll keep you company, until your friend decides his house isn't filled with misery and despair anymore"

"You're too kind" the man says and grins, "I'm Jonathan" he stretches out his hand for her to shake and she complies immediately with a grin, "Camille. Nice to meet you"

"Likewise" Jonathan grins
"So Jon, what do you do when you're not hanging out in a hospital talking to strangers?"

Jon grins at the rare fact that a girl in Chicago doesn't know the Captain of the Chicago Blackhawks. That never happens.

"I'm a hockey player for the Blackhawks" he says "what do you do?"

"I've never been good at sports sorry" she blushes with a nervous grin, "my brother always try to get me to watch hockey so he'll be extremely jealous when he finds out I talked to you. I'm a pharmacist, but ever since my brother got sick I've been spending more time here. Pretty sure if my boss wasn't as understanding as he is, I'd be out of a job."

Jon smiles, "can I ask you something? What's wrong with your brother?"

Camille sighs, "Stage 4 liver cancer."
"Shit" Jon curses, "I'm sorry. That's...awful"

Camille smiles sadly, "yeah it is. I'm sorry, let's talk about something else. So what...position are you playing?"

Jon laughs, it's obvious this girl really doesn't follow sports.

"I'm a center. I play in the middle, as a forward"

Camille notices a few girls walking by clearly enticed by Jonathan sitting there as they giggle, whisper, and take snapshots of the man. He ignores them completely, and she notices a subtle roll of his eyes.

"Fans of yours?" Camille asks with an amused smirk

"More like groupies" he mutters making her laugh, "I guess you don't like groupies then?"

"Nope, and if they find out Kaner is here, that'll be trouble waiting to happen" he says and groans as they walk forward

"Jonny!" the blonde leader of the group squeals, "what brings you to the hospital?"

"My girlfriend's" he points to Camille who tries to hide her surprise, "brother hurt his knee."

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend!" the brunette squealed and Camille cringed slightly making Jon smirk.

The girls obviously agreed unanimously to outrank each other's high pitched voices.

"Yes I do" he fakes a smile but they didn't seem to realize, "and I would like to continue my conversation with her if you don't mind"

The blonde flutters her eyes, "if you ever need a night away from your girlfriend" she rolls her eyes at the mere thought of Jon having a girlfriend, "call me" she scribbles her number on a piece of paper Camille didn't even know she had, and gave it to him.

As soon as the girls walked away Jon threw the paper away in the dustbin and Camille giggled, "they seem nice"

Jon laughs, "thanks for not selling me out on the whole girlfriend thing"

Camille shrugs, "I might find some death threats tomorrow, but it's absolutely worth seeing their devastated faces when they realized they had no chance"

Jon smirks, "I must say it was nice saying I had a girlfriend, especially one as beautiful as you" he blushes, he's never been this forward, but she brings out the good in him.

"You're quite a charmer" she teases
"Not really no" he laughs making her laugh as well

The doctor calls forward Camille and she nods, telling him wordlessly that she'll be there in a few minutes, "I need to go. It was really nice meeting you."

Camille takes his phone out of his pocket, a bold move that surprised both Jon and Camille, and punches her number in as soon as she realized his phone had no password

"Call me" she says and kisses him on the cheek. A blush appears on Jon's face as he struggles to hide the enormous smile on his face.
Camille walks away with a grin and he murmurs softly, "believe me I will"