Falling for Him

Chapter Three

“So what you’re saying is that while I was busy getting my head and hand checked by some gorilla doctor that believes he’s a woman, you were getting freaky with a hot chick with a sick brother?”

I roll my eyes as Patrick yet again summarize my evening of last week. I’ve been a pussy since I met Camille, I haven’t called.

I chicken out every time I linger on her name on my phone, I chicken out every time I try to send a message to her. I type it out, put everything in words, and then I delete the message.

“Yes” I reply curtly, “I wasn’t getting ‘freaky’, I was talking to her, I was actually enjoying the conversation. She’s not a hot chick, she’s beautiful.”

Patrick raised his eyebrow in amusement as he took a bite from the teak he ordered at the Texan Range near the Michigan Lake, “Wow, you really like this girl?”

“I do. I’m a coward though, I haven’t called her. She gave me her number, told me to call her, and I haven’t. I don’t know why I haven’t, I don’t know why I can’t call her. She’s perfect, she’s gorgeous, she’s amazing, she’s funny, she’s….” my eyes widened, I shoot from my chair, ignoring Pat’s furrowed eyebrows, “she’s here”

“She’s here? Where?”

“There” I pointed to where Camille sat with another woman, a brunette woman and Patrick immediately smirked.

“Which one is she? Is she the sexy blonde or the bombshell brunette?”

“You’re sick” I muttered, “She’s the beautiful blonde. Wish me luck”

“Wait” Patrick exclaimed, “You’re going to her?”

“I am” I wiped his hands on my jeans and let out a breath, “God why am I so nervous?”

I tried to be confident,
'Just think about going out on the ice, think about the ice, you’re a Stanley cup winner' Camille’s smile brightened as she noticed me from the corner of her eye, stopping all conversation with her brunette friend.

“Jonathan!” I feel my stomach flutter as she say my name and smile my biggest smile
“Hi Cam, how are you?”

“I’m good. How are you?”

I nod my head feeling lightheaded at her beautiful, breath taking smile, “Good. Uh, I- I’m sorry I haven’t called you. I uh…I’ve wanted to, I just keep…uh…chickening out”

I shake my head as a blush appears on my stubble cheek and she giggles as her friend and Patrick look on with amusement.

“It’s okay. As long as you wanted to call?” she asked making me chuckle and nod frantically, “Of course I wanted to, I like you, I uh, I have no idea how to show it to you, but I like you”

Camille chuckles, “If you like me so much, ask me out on a date”

God, she’s forward, she’s bold, she’s incredibly beautiful and I’m a lucky son of a bitch.

“Not in front of the prying eyes though” she adds with a wink, “but in order to ask me out on a date you’ll have to call because I don’t have your number otherwise I would even though my dad used to say a woman doesn’t ask out a man”

I laugh at her ramble, “Wait for my call tonight, at 6, and I will tell you the details of the date.”

Why not be bold and forward as well?

“I can’t wait” she grins and kisses my cheek, I ignore her friend’s squealing and walk towards Patrick again who smirks at me as I sit down. I take a bite from my Hake and raise my eyebrow as he clears his throat

“I can’t wait to be the best man on your wedding”