‹ Prequel: Year 3

Senior Year

Week 8; Friendsgiving (11.18.18)

Just finished week 7. Finished up presenting my informative speech, as well as a midterm for one of my classes. I'm pretty much coasting until week 10, when finals hit. Heard about the passing of Stan Lee; was really sad for a bit there.

One of the more interesting classes at the moment is my chemistry lab class. We basically spent the first 6 weeks doing experiments and using a variety of techniques to accomplish different things, and now we are given a sample, and we have to apply different techniques in different ways to obtain what we want from the sample we are given. It's actually really cool because we design our own experiments and we decide how we want to do things. It is a little more difficult, but it reminds of the reason I came in as a chemistry major (I have since, switched to Biology).

The Filipino Dance Groups were revealed this past week also. I'm not in the group with my friend, but we got to talk and I really like my group. She doesn't really like hers, but there's still 2 quarters left, so we'll see how things turn out. I finally texted her about swiping me for food, and I'm meeting her tomorrow for dinner.

I went to a bonfire and rally for our rival on Thursday for our rival football game on Saturday (which we won; the only time we beat our rivals in my 4 years here). After the bonfire and rally, a few friends and I prepped the turkey for cooking for Friday.

Friday was Friendsgiving. Basically the oven was on from 10am after by work shift, to 6pm when Friendsgiving started. I was baking cookies, baking turkey, baking ham, the whole nine yards. The meat was flavorful and delicious, and people liked the cookies as well. It was a good time. Not everyone could show up, but I'm grateful for the people who came and made it memorable. We played a couple board games and card games, and hung out and talked after that was over.

Saturday was the football game, which was super intense. It was back and forth, and in the end, we won. That was really cool for me to experience. I'm super excited to go home for Thanksgiving and spend time with family.