‹ Prequel: Dear God
Status: ACTIVE

Almost Easy

Could have said you were wrong... But no you couldn't do that...

Third Person POV

Jacky and Michelle were walking through the mall, her parents were arriving today and there were a few extra things she needed to pick up for the house. A few weeks after she found out she was pregnant they had decided to move to Arizona, which wasn’t far, but still required a flight to see their only grandchild, soon to be grandchildren.

“I can’t believe they’re going to be here and it’s going to be time soon.” Jacky smiled as Michelle carried the basket through the store, currently a home furnishings store. The two enjoying peace while Liddy was at playgroup.

“I can’t believe you let Zack put another baby in you.” Michelle teased, poking Jacky gently in the side, “It’s early though, are you worried or anything-… Jacky?”

“What?” She asked, stopping mid aisle as Michelle pointed to her pants, “Oh fuck…”

“Oh shit. Oh… oh shit!” Michelle’s eyes widened.

“Drop the basket, we need to get to the hospital.” Jacky fished her phone form her purse as Michelle flagged down an associate to inform them of the situation and why there was now amniotic fluid all over their floor.

“Hey babe, what’s up? We just finished the show, have you picked up your parents yet-“

“My water broke.” Jacky cut Zack’s words off as the phone went silent, “Michelle’s with me so she’s taking me to the hospital, but I need you to somehow contact my parents and get them a driver to the hospital ok?”

“Ok, babe I got this I promise ok? You and Michelle get there safe and concentrate on the baby, I’ll take care of your parents ok?”

“I love you,” Jacky breathed carefully as she felt a contraction swirling through her lower body, “I’m gonna hang up now.”

“Love you, be safe. I’ll get your parents there safely.”

Zack listened as Jacky hung up then turned around, smiling widely at the silent bus lounge behind him, four anticipatory faces staring at him, “Her water broke.”

“Yes!” Brian stood up and high fived Zack, “I know Michelle’s with her cuz she texted me a few minutes ago about shopping stuff.”

“Ok well I have to somehow coordinate getting her parents picked up and brought to the hospital-“

“I’ll call Val and she can do it-“

“You can shove a dick straight in that hole.” Zack cut Matt’s words off without even looking up from his phone.

“She’s the only one who’s met Jacky’s parents and knows them. I can send her their flight info and numbers, it makes sense Zack. Knock it off.”

“Fine.” Zack murmured as he reluctantly set his phone down, “I guess there’s no harm. And it’ll help us out immensely, thank her and tell her I’ll pay her as soon as Jacky gets hands on our check book.”

“Yeah yeah whatever,” Matt waved his free hand up as he put his phone to his ear.

.:.:.:.

Michelle sped down the highway towards the hospital, Jacky was quietly groaning from the passenger seat while gripping for her life on the door handle. Her eyes were wide open and her breathing moved with her grunts.

“Uh, it’s — it’s gonna be ok. We’re gonna be there soon.” Michelle looked over at Jacky with a sympathetic look on her face, nodding more to affirm herself of the words.

“I know, just DRIVE.” Jacky groaned while clenching her fists tighter, “Oh, my god. My… My contractions weren’t this bad with Lid!” She managed a grunt as she willed images of beaches and nicer places in to her mind.

“Ok, ok we’re here. We’re here, this is good. Good.” Michelle was mumbling to herself as Jacky ignored her, “Let’s go inside already girl, get this little boy out.”

“For the love of god he couldn’t have waited a little while longer until Zack could come home?” Jacky was holding tight on to Michelle’s hand, “Where’s a wheelchair? It’s time, he’s coming, this is happening!” Jacky was screaming upon entering the emergency room which prompted a few nearby nurses to jump to her side with a wheelchair as Michelle stayed by her side in the flurry of instructions being thrown around while Jacky was breathing carefully through her contractions.

“Alright, Mrs. Baker we’re going to get you all set up in here and see how things are going-“

“I’M IN LABOR THAT’S HOW THIS IS GOING.” Jacky glared down the nurse helping her in to bed, “My water broke in a store, my husband is across the country, my sister in-law is god-knows-where, my parents are on a plane, and my daughter is at school! That’s how this is going for fucks sake now get this baby out of me!”

The nurse turned her astonished look towards Michelle, who was equally as astounded as the room full of nurses, “Alright, we’ll get things going then.”

“Thank you.” Jacky exhaled and gripped down on the bed rails, sweat now dripping from her forehead.

Michelle walked over and stood beside her, using the spare elastic from her purse to tie Jacky’s hair back from sticking to her neck, her hands quickly tied it then made their way to embrace one of Jacky’s, “It’s going to be ok, it’ll be over soon and you’re going to be a hot ass mother of two.” Michelle pushed a few stray strands from Jacky’s face as she continued to breathe steadily, heaving in and out. She took her phone out and quickly sent a text to Zack, telling him they were at the hospital and ok, and asking what the plan was now for picking up Jacky’s parents, an answer she was less than enthused to hear.

She hadn’t been as close with her twin since the last massive blow out with her and Matt, which happened when Brian decided to nearly cheat on her with Liz. Even though the three seemed to mend enough scars in their hearts to be friendly, Michelle knew it would never be the same as it was years ago. She knew she couldn’t blame Liz, or even Val for that matter, but she did blame Matt. Completely and unforgivingly. Seeing that Val was going to be the one bringing Jacky’s parents to the hospital now was just an eye roll added to the list of drama in their lives. She wondered if it had been Brian or Matt’s idea, considering Brian knew their standing and Matt hadn’t really divulged much of his personal life to them any more she had no idea if that train was back on fast course to derailment.

Michelle shook her head and refocused as she read Zack’s explanatory text and then refocused her attention to Jacky as the doctor, suited up in full birthing gear, walked in to the room, “Alright Mrs. Baker, looks like we’re ready to get this little one out.”

“It’s about time!” Jacky grunted one last time before everyone took their positions and Michelle readied her camera to face time with Zack just like he suggested in his last message.

“Here comes another Baker!” Michelle smiled from behind the camera as five anticipating faces soon filled the screen while she focused in on Jacky’s grimaced face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait in between <3