‹ Prequel: Dear God
Status: ACTIVE

Almost Easy

I'm giving up more than I should

Liz's POV

Drunk was an understatement. I was seeing sounds. "We need more alcohol, the elderly Baker finished the whiskey." I whimpered and flipped Zack off as he smiled.

Danny was passed out in his chair and I sighed.

"I'll go with you." Matt stood up, offering me his hand. I took it and smiled, "Booze time!"

I followed him back to the basement stairs, swaying side to side slightly as he eyed me, "I'm just a little tipsy." I smirked.

"You can stay up here, I'll go get the shit. I don't want you falling." He gestured for me to stay but of course my feet followed him down the dark stairway, "Or not."

"How are you not as drunk as me? You're," I hicupped, "Drinking more."

He stopped and looked at me, shrugging, "Develop a serious drinking problem that you have to hide from all your friends and family, I'm drunk ninety-nine percent of my life now, Liz." He laughed a little bit, "I have a high tolerance. From what Danny says you don't drink much any more."

"Yeah well," I scoffed at him, "I don't want to be a crap example for my kid."

"Our kid." Matt corrected me as he grabbed the bottle of Jack from the shelf, the shelves down here were stocked with booze for a nuclear war.

"Right." I nodded, "Oh, vodka. We need that too." I reached forward but misjudged how far I was leaning and started falling just as I grabbed the bottle.

"Woah there." Matt reached out foward and caught me, lifting me up, "That was flat ground Liz, are you sure you don't need to call it a night? You want more booze?"

"I want to be drunk in a parking lot drunk again." I looked up at him, his hand still lingering on my waist.

"Drunk like when we snuck behind the busses and made out drunk?" He asked, I nodded, "What about beach house basement drunk?"

He leaned forward and placed his lips on mine, a warm feeling I hadn't felt in so long. My arm wrapped around his neck as he lifted me up, pushing me against the shelf of liquor behind me, knocking a few bottles off the shelf. His hand slipped up my dress as the other arm steadied my body. I arched my back and parted our mouths to moan slightly as his fingers moved my underwear aside.

"Matt.." I moaned gently, grinding my hips to his as he removed his fingers. My eyes opened wide and locked his, I bit my bottom lip as he undid his belt. I could already feel his hard dick against my inner thigh and soon he pushed inside of me, "Oh, Matt.." I breathed and braced myself against him, "Oh fuck..." I moaned but suddenly Matt stopped, pulling out from inside of me, leaving my body feeling empty as he met my eyes.

"Liz I'm sorry, you're-"

"Don't fucking stop." I pressed my lips to his as he adjusted beneath me and thrust back in.

I rocked my hips back and forth with his motions until I couldn't hold myself back. I dug my teeth in to his shoulder as I climaxed, trying to keep myself as silent as possible as I could while drunk. Matt followed quickly, releasing inside of me.

"Fuck, Liz... Oh fuck." He mumbled and set me down. I quickly fixed my underwear and dress, straightening out my hair, "Fuck I'm sorry.."

He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine quickly stopping his words, "Let's clean this mess up." I gesture to the broken bottles as Matt zipped his pants back up and moved his shirt over the bite mark on his shoulder. I smirked to myself but the pit of my stomach knotted slightly.

I handed him the bottle of vodka and began scooping the broken glass with a piece of cardboard, "I'm surprised no one has come looking for us yet." Matt mumbled and cracked the seal on the vodka and drank some.

"Let's be thankful." I mumbled, realizing suddenly how much the room was spinning, "Ugh. I'm going to have such a hangover in the morning."

"You're a Baker, do you even get hangovers?" Matt helped me finish picking up the glasss, "Oh shit-"

"Ow!" I winced as a piece of glass cut straight through the cardboard and in to my hand, "Fuck."

"Let's go bandage that up." He pressed my hand against his, "Keep pressure on it."

"Ok." I nodded and followed him up the stairs towards the downstairs bathroom. I hoisted myself up on the counter and let him run the water, "I don't even know where a first aid kit would be-"

Matt reached behind the door in the closet and pulled one out, showing it to me before setting it on the counter to open it, "Believe me we've used it enough with the kids."

"Right." I nodded as he began soaking a cloth to wipe the blood from my hand.

"Liz, I think you might need stitches." Matt mumbled as he looked over the cut, "That's really deep."

"I'm a Baker," I mocked, "It's fine. Just slap some gauze and a bandage on it asshole."

Matt directed his eyes upward at me with a smirk, "Really? The guy who's tending your wound you call an asshole? I can leave you, or better yet I can call your blacked out husband in here to help." He stood straight and paused, "Oh right. Blacked out. He really can't handle liquor can he?"

"He's not a big drinker." I shrugged and thrust my hand towards Matt, "Please just make it stop bleeding."

Matt rolled his eyes and put the cloth on my hand, "Hold that while I open up the gauze." He muttered and I followed instruction, "So... how'd you two meet?" He asked, "I don't think I was paying attention to that part of the introduction back in Indy."

"His dad was my boss and," I paused, wincing at the pain as Matt wadded the gauze up on my palm, "And his mom sent him over to help set up the nursery stuff for Colt."

"Oh." Matt nodded, "So he's essentially been there before Colt was born. That was nice of him, tending to the knocked up new girl."

"His family is great, they're incredibly supportive and great with Colt."

"You never gave my family the chance." Matt mumbled under his breath, "Or me for that matter..."

"Listen, I'm not here to hash out what happened and why it didn't work, Matt." I sighed heavily and took the bandage from him sticking it on and around the gauze, "It didn't work then, and it won't work now. I'm happy now, I have someone who doesn't put me, or my son, on the back burner."

"I never put my child on the back burner, Elizabeth." Matt stared at me as I slid down from the counter, "I was working, I did what I had to do and before I could show you how ready I was you up and left. You ghosted all of us and ran away from facing the family you could have kept here."

"Well that family doesn't exist anymore, does it? Because Zack and I have never had this much tension and his marriage is on the rocks because I had to go and try to fight his wife. Again." I threw my hands up and groaned, "Listen this trip is for Colt, not for us. There's no use even talking about this-"

"Talking about it? Liz we just fucked in the basement, I think talking is-"

"You did what?"

Every inch of my drunk body chilled, the warmth of alcohol drained from my cheeks and Matt opened the bathroom door fully, revealing a groggy Danny standing on the other side of the door, Zack at his side.

"Oh, we really should have just banged on the door." Zack muttered as Danny nodded, "What happened to your hand, Liz?" Zack looked down, slightly tipsy but I was surprised Danny was even conscious.

"I cut it on a broken bottle," I shook my head, "Danny listen-"

"I was coming in to tell you I'm, I'm going to bed." He stammered and squinted, "I told Zack we should interrupt you guys but he said giving you time to talk was good." Danny stumbled back and looked at Zack, shaking his head, "I don't think it was a good thing. Maybe I shouldn't have heard that."

"Danny.." I paused as he began walking for the stairs, Zack held his hand out to stop me, "But I... Fuck."

"I think that word is somewhat appropriate right now." Zack looked between Matt and I, shaking his head, "Get your shit together before the kid comes back from Brian's. He doesn't need your indecision tearing his life apart."

With that, Zack walked back towards the back door and out on to the patio. I looked up at Matt as he watched Zack leave, "Well I uh.."

"Should go talk to Danny?" Matt asked.

"I was going to say keep drinking and hopefully forget what the fuck just happened." I waited for his eyes to meet mine, "I don't even remember if you brought the alcohol up."

"Left it on the floor by the basement door." He walked over and grabbed it, leading the way back to the patio where Brian was adding wood to the fire.

"Oh hey, Liz." Michelle looked up, taking the vodka bottle Matt handed her, "I figured you would have gone to bed with Danny."

"Nah," I shook my head and sat back in my chair, "Thanks." I smiled up at Matt as he handed me a cup full of whiskey, "He'll either find the bed or floor. I'll find him later."

Michelle gave me a weird look as Matt sat beside me, scooting his chair over next to me, "Alright. Well, let's get in to it then. I want to know everything you haven't said yet because he's been around." She winked at me and I rolled my eyes, feeling tension building between my chair and Matt's. Maybe I should have gone upstairs to bed with my husband before going to the basement with my ex-husband.
♠ ♠ ♠
xxxjb