Two Halves of a Moon

1: "I Just Miss My Family..."

Whatever was making Bella toss and turn had kept me up at night leading me here to make sure that she was okay. Today was her birthday, and if I knew my sister as well as I thought I did, she was probably having a nightmare about losing Edward. I sighed. I missed her and we obviously needed each other's support. I missed Charlie too, but I couldn't protect them with this bond between us and it only seemed to grow stronger. I could feel whatever she was feeling. Which is why right now I know that she's afraid. I just don't know what for. My focus turned towards the door as I heard footsteps. I had to go. I couldn't face Charlie again.

The only way I was able to leave in the first place was to hurt him. I blamed him for not telling me enough about my mother. I blamed him for Sam and I not being closer than we already were. I yelled at him telling him that Sam told me never-ending stories about her no matter how much it hurt him. I even accused him of putting Bella's safety over my own. I spat that it was obvious he loved her more and for that I was leaving and I was going to move in his Sam. I don't think I've ever seen my father cry before and I never want to see it again. What were the odds of both his daughters saying similar things within the same week.

I felt horrible, but it was something that needed to be done. It was the only one to protect them both from myself. Trying to keep the tears at bay I found my self running back to the rez. I transferred schools and spent most of time training with Sam. The only thing we did know of the bond was that we were linked spiritually and by blood. Maybe Charlie also had a little magic in his blood that he didn't know about. On top of this all my emotions were all over the place and since Paul was linked to me he always felt like it was his duty to make me feel better.

However, nothing could feel the void I felt when I got a text from Bella

Bella: We really miss you Isa. I wish you'd come home.

Isa: I can't right now Bella.

Bella: Dad's sorry and it's my birthday.

Isa: You've never cared about it before. May as well just spend it with the Cullens. Dad doesn't really do birthdays anyways. I always spent mines here.

Bella: Isa...

Isa: Just...stop texting me. I'll talk to you again when I'm ready. Happy Birthday.


I sighed as I shut my phone off before putting it back in my pocket. This was hardest thing I ever had to do and it sucked that I couldn't talk to anyone about it. Just as I crossed over into the rez Paul and Jacob was standing there waiting for me.

"How'd it go Isa?" asked Paul.

"I watched her sleep. I didn't have in me to wake her. I left just before Charlie came." I sighed. "Today is her birthday and I tell her to leave me alone."

"We know. Charlie told my dad last night." shrugged Jacob. "I got her this." he said holding up a dream catcher. I smiled remembering the night I woke up screaming because of her nightmares. It was a thoughtful present, and it made his crush on her that much more obvious.

"She's with Cullen Jake, get over it."

"Nothing is ever as sure as a wild one and a hothead." he teased as I rolled my eyes. At some point they'll have to get over that.

"Whatever. She'll love it." I smiled.

"And eventually me." he grinned before running off. I couldn't help laughing at my friend with the long hair who was foolishly in love. I smiled sadly at Paul before he opened his arms for me to which I gladly accepted.

"Are you okay?" He asked wrapping his arms tightly around me.

"I just miss my family Paul."

"I know Isa. We're your family too though." he sighed kissing the top of my head.

"I know. I hate that I have to choose and hope I never have to choose again. I just can't be around her knowing that it may get the both of us killed."

"We won't let that happen." he growled. I sighed. At this point I couldn't see how it wouldn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay! It's up. Two years later and I finally started it and now have my own laptop. I'm so excited.

Update: I fixed it. Wasn't a bracelet yet. was the dream catcher.