Two Halves of a Moon

2: "What Happened?!"

Needless to say I skipped school today. I didn't feel like going and had a really off feeling about everything. I didn't know if it was Bella's emotions messing with me or not, but I was restless. Uncle Sam hovered more than he usually did and gave me the same concerned look. I groaned as he came and sat on side of me.

"Are you Okay Isa?" he asked.

"I'm fine, but something is troubling Bella. It's like she's scared, but there is no fear. Also something is troubling me. I can sense the danger." I sighed.

"That is your wolf. Another hiker went missing today. They're presuming their all dead and calling it an animal attack."

"What's that, three now?" I asked as he nodded.

"Don't you worry about it though Isa. We have it under control."

"I have to start patrolling at some point Uncle Sam." I whined irritated with the fact that he was treating me as if I was a child.

"Not until you can learn how to mute Bella's emotions. It's too big of a distraction Isa and I can't afford to have anything happen to you. You're all I have left of your mother." he sighed hugging me.

"I know Uncle Sam, but I have to do more than just sit here. It's killing me."

"I know it is, but it's doesn't seem so bad when you and Paul shift and chase each other." My mouth dropped as my entire face turned red and he laughed at me. Damn wolf telepathy.

"Whatever. I'm going to take a nap and for that you are my pillow." He said nothing as he opened his arms and I cuddle against him. I loved my Uncle, but I couldn't let go of what I was feeling. Him teasing me about Paul's and I silly games did not help the matter.

"I love you wild one." he whispered kissing the top of my head. I smiled and a few minutes later I was fast asleep.

........................................


I jumped awake as the overwhelming amount of fear entered me. To my surprise everyone was over eating there, but I felt sick.

"No." I cried.

"Isa what's wrong?"

"It's Bella. I have to go." I said jumping up.

"No." commanded Sam making me halt mid-step. "What is it you're feeling?"

"She's scared and she's possibly hurt. I have to make sure she's okay. She was spending her birthday with the Cullens tonight. Dad told me."

"You're not going to their house." he spat.

"I won't I'll wait outside of my own for her. I have to see for myself that's she's okay. Please?"

"Fine. Paul go with her." I was out the door faster than I thought was possible. I didn't want to ride in a car I had to run. Running would get me their faster. Just as I made it they were pulling up.

"You can't protect me from everything. At some point something is going to separate us. It's going to be an accident, or an illness or old age. As long as I'm human; and the only solution is to change me." My heart almost stop when I heard her say that. She can't be serious.

"That's not a solution. That's a tragedy."

"You're not gonna want me when I look like a grandmother." She said before he got out of the car. At some point I felt like he knew I was there. I shouldn't have been listening in on this, but I needed some answers to the weird shift in her moods lately.

"Bella, do you not understand my feelings for you at all?" he asked and he sounded so broken up about it I almost felt bad for him.

"Carlisle told me how you feel about your soul. I don't believe that. So don't worry about mine." she spat. I knew Bella could be stubborn, it ran in the family, but it was like she wasn't listening to him at all.

"You should go inside." he said stepping back as she got out of the car.

"It's still my birthday." she said shocking me. "Can I ask one thing?" My ears perked up. Was she going to ask about the blatant differences between him and living people. "Kiss me?" immediately I looked elsewhere knowing he'd give in to her. I don't know how he managed to that without hurting her, but just from the sounds of it, it nearly impossible. He showed a lot of restraint.

"I love you." she whispered.

"I love you." he said and for some reason to me that sounded like he was saying good-bye. I watched as he turned to walk away and the moment Bella went in I started after him only to be grab by Paul.

"Damn it." I groaned. "I forgot you were here."

"Ha. What are you doing?"

"Getting some answer." I spat before continuing after him. "Hey Cullen wait up." i yelled.

"What is it Isa?"

"I want to know what happened."

"You should already know. Can't you feel it?"

"I can feel Bella. What happened?"

"She got a paper cut and Jasper lost it."

"WHAT?! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE PROTECTING HER!" I yelled. So this entire time she knew about them and still put herself in that position.

"And I failed. Which is why my family and I are leaving. I won't put her in danger anymore."

"You can't. You promised me you'd be there for her while I can't and that'll break her heart." I spat feeling myself get worked up.

"I promised you that I'd do what I could. I have done that. I'll tell her good-bye another day. For now, this is the last time you'll see me." he said.

"It better be." I growled.

"If you break her heart now and show up again, I swear I'll rip you a part my damn self." I growled.

"I promise you Isa, it'll be like I never existed."

"Good." I spat and then he was gone. I sighed as I turned back towards the house and through her window I could see her at her computer. "I'm so sorry Bella." I whispered.

"Isa we have to go." yelled Paul. I sighed. My sister would need me most at this point and I still couldn't bring myself to be around her. Taking out my phone I sent her text.

Isa: I love you Bella.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates at once! Yeah!