Kiss

Kiss

I couldn't believe my eyes. I blinked few times just in case. Yeah, the image was still same. His tongue was so deep in her throat that I was sure he could tell what she had for lunch. Disgusting. Numbly I walked to him and dumped my beer on his head. Well, that woke him. And when he turned to look around who did it, I slapped his face. My hand started to prickle from the force of the slap. He staggered on to the girl he kissed, making her yelp.
''Cheater much'', I said when he finally found me with his eyes. He opened his mouth to say something.
''Save it. I don't care anymore'', I said and turned. Finally the hate emerged. My hands started to shake and I couldn't breath. There just wasn't enough air in the room.
''Poppy, wait up'', I heard faintly. The music was so loud but not loud enough to drown his cheater voice. I walked as fast as I could in the dance floor or livingroon like normal people called it.
''Poppy'', I heard again. I tried to go faster but I couldn't. I wanted out. There was just too many people. I hated this party. Stupid party. Stupid people. Tears were already forming to my eyes. I couldn't let him see them. He hurt me but I sure wasn't going to show it to him. Strong arm came out of nowhere and blocked my way. Then I did something unthinkable. I grasped the guy who’s arm it was and kissed him. I kissed him hard and fast and to my surprise he kissed me back. Arms circled around me and crushes me to his chest. My legs didn't touch the ground anymore. All else disappeared. All the pain and hurt just vanished. There wasn't room in my head to think anything but the lips that took all of me. Smell of pinewood and smoke surrounded me and I felt dizzy. I tried to hold on to something but all I found was soft hair. It was like finest silk on my fingers. There was a growl that vibrated on my chest. My stomach dropped out or so it felt. He took control over the kiss and demanded more and more. When he was finally done with the kiss, I was breathless, dizzy and flustered. My feet touched the ground but I sure didn't. Never have anyone kissed me like that. I just couldn't open my eyes just yet. My lips tingled and my heart was pounding so hard. Warm breath moved my stray hairs. I was still trying to catch my breath and remember what happened before the kiss. Warm fingers wipe my wet cheek. Why do I have wet cheek?
''Poppy?'', came weak call from somewhere near and it all came back. My eyes snapped open and my heart stopped. Ocean blue eyes pierced through me. I knew those eyes. Although I have never seen them this close. What did I just do?
''Poppy''. I turned to look Sean. He was standing few steps away. There was red hand mark on his cheek. He looked as stunned as I felt. I just kissed Sebastian Novak. One of the notorious Novak brothers. I was freaking out but I was still little dizzy. Strong arms were keeping me straight and I was kind of glad about it. My head felt like it would be stuffed with cotton balls. I couldn't think. I knew it wasn't from the drinking because my first drink ended in Sean head. I felt breath on my neck.
''Little hummingbird, is he bothering you?'', Sebastian whispered on my neck. It made my breath hitch. It's weird that something so little can have so big impact. I turn to look at Sebastian to make sure if he was serious. He was staring down Sean and I knew he was serious. This was bad. Sebastian could beat Sean in a blink of an eye. Believe me, I have seen it happen and it weren't pretty. Novak brothers were fighting all the time. There was total of seven of them. All big, dark and dangerous. I didn’t really know them. Nobody really knew them. They keep to themselves or so I heard. They party but I haven’t ever heard that someone was at their house or something. Sebastian and Mason were only ones I knew by name. The others were older and you rarely saw them. My friend Beggy was so in love with them. Always seeing them somewhere.
''She's my girlfriend'', Sean defensively said and pointed me. I knew he was scared. It shone from his eyes. Sebastian straightened and his hold of me tightened. My heart skipped a beat.
''Is that so?'', he said with wicked smile on his face, '' Then why don't you come and get her?'' Sean looked around. There was no one to back him up. I knew he wasn't going to fight. He wasn’t really a fighter or a lover. Well, at least not to me. Sebastian kissed my chin again. I turned to look Sebastian. He drowned me in his blue eyes. I felt powerless in his gaze. His arms tighten around me, making me feel so small. He made me forget that there was whole world around us. We were breathing same air until he smirked and turned to look somewhere. I blinked in confusion and tried to get back to this world. All I saw was Sebastian and he looked extremely annoyed.
''I think she's done with you. Now buzz off back to your peace of ass, before I beat you'', he said. Sean looked back and forth me and Sebastian. He still couldn't believe his eyes. Sean opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. Sebastian let go of me and took a step towards Sean. And without hesitation he punched Sean to face and he fell down. I gasped and covered my mouth. I was paralyzed on the spot I was standing. Sebastian lifted Sean from the collar. Sean looked alarmed.
''Do I need to repeat myself?'', Sebastian asked. Sean shook his head and lifted his hand in defeat. His nose was bleeding. Drops of blood fell to his already wet shirt. Sebastian let go of him and came stand next to me. He snaked arm around me. Sean got up and wiped his face. He looked his fingers that were covered in blood. Sean looked me straight in the eyes and disappeared to the group. I stared the spot he disappeared. Everything felt muted. Like I was in the bubble. I kept myself still that I wouldn't burst it, not quite ready to feel anything.
''Well that was intense'', somebody said bursting the bubble I was in. I turned to look up. Whoever said it wasn't Sebastian. He was looking grimly at me. My senses came back to me. I freed the grip I had on Sebastian shirt and pushed myself away from him. And then I ran. I could hear him yelling after me but I couldn't stop. I had to get away. It was all too much. I'd deal with the consequences later.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is something that has been done a long time. Hope it's not total bs. Subsrcibe!