Kiss

Reality check

I wake up sounds of crashing. Apparently Beth is having her episodes again. Beth is my ‘’stepmom’’ and she have these rage fits. I check that I locked my door. I know it's not gonna hold her out but atleast I might have time to get out of the window. She screams on top of her lungs. I know dad is there. Making sure she doesn't hurt herself too much. She should be in hospital to get some treatment but dad loves her too much to put her in there. He says that they just pump her full of medicines. We have to suffer for his decision. Too many times have I caught in the middle of her episode and usually I have bruises to show from it. That's the reason I usually don't go out. Can't really show much skin with the bruises I have. Raises too many questions. And that's why me and Sean never did it. Usually I'm full of scratches and bruises. Don't really want to show myself to anyone. I lie on my bed and decide to stay there all day. Well, not like have somewhere to be. Beggy is going to be at home hurling her insides out. And I don't feel like talking. I feel so stupid. I liked him. He was always polite and nice. We went camping and he made me marshmallows. I don't really like them but it's the thought that matters. He bought me flowers and held my hand when we were in public. And all that is now tainted. Now I'm left with crazy stepmom, head over heels in love dad and overly soft bed. I turn to my side when my phone starts to ring. Seans face pops in there. He is staring with his puppy brown eyes at me. I want to punch the screen. It rings and rings. What is he thinking? Why would I answer to him? There’s nothing he can say to make this better. I hang up. He calls again. And so my day goes on.

Half and hour later Beggy texted me.
Bex: Girrrl, wtf is going on? Sean is texting me nonstop.
Poppy: Oh, nothing much. I broke up with his cheating ass.
Bex: WTF?
Poppy: Yeah, found him though deep in someone. Talk you later, I’m not done moping.
Bex: Girrrrl heart you.
Poppy: :)

After six hours of nonstop calls I answer to Sean.
''What?'', I yell at the phone. I know we have rules against yelling but I just can't help it.
''Poppy sweety, please don't hang up'', Sean say in desperate voice. I see red.
''What?'', I ask again forcefully.
''I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry. Please forgive me'', he says. Sorry!
''Sean sorry doesn't cut it'', I yell. He is quiet for a moment.
''So Novak, huh? You know he just wants in your pants'', Sean says sneering.
''Are you fucking kidding me?''
''No. I'm serious'', he whines. Whines! I wanna hit my head on something. Is this the real Sean? Did I really date him? I start to think how did we get together in first place. Oh yeah, it was at school. We just kind of fell together. Not really asking if we were together but just being.
''Did you give him?'', Sean asks. What the..?
''Are you seriously asking me if I was with Sebastian?'', I ask.
''So you're first name basis. Was it good? You give him but not me. I only cheated you because you didn't give me'', Sean tells me. I'm furious. My hands shake from the rage I'm feeling and I want to hit him again.
''Don't ever call me. We are over'', I yell and throw my phone on the floor. I wanna scream like Beth does but then comes the knock.
''Honey try to be more quiet'', dad says behind the door.
''Sorry dad'', I answer. He is not even interested why I'm making this noise. He just wants to me to be quiet. I hear his footsteps move away. I fall on my bed and cry. At least my bed hugs me. It's so soft that I sink in to my mattress.

I wake up when my phone rings on the floor. I fall on the carpet and reach for the phone. I answer to it without looking who is calling. It's probably Sean. I lie on my carpet.
''Yo Pops, my favorite girl'', says voice in the phone. I sit up and look phone number that I don't recognize. I put the phone on my ear again. Clock is 3:11 at night. I try to get the sleepiness out off me.
''Who is this?'', I ask. There is music blaring on the background. Yells and hoots reach the phone.
''Yo it's C-man'', voice yells to me. C-man? Sounded more like semen.
''I'm sorry. You probably called the wrong Poppy'', I tell this C-men.
''Uh that's cold girl'', he says, ''It's Crash Novak. I'm trying new nicknames''.
''Well, keep trying. I don't think you want anyone to call you semen, or do you? On the other hand you could totally pull it off'', I ask. Why would Crash Novak call me? And how the hell did he get my number?
''I think you're right. I need to rethink this'', he answers to me.
''Yeah'', I answer. Now I'm fully awake. ''So, why the heck are you calling me?''
''Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Do you.. have a license?'', he asks.
''Yes. Why?'', I ask. I only got one cause if Beth gets bad I can drive dad and her to hospital.
''Do you have...a car?'', he asks.
''No, Why?''
''Do you know where Allan Odell lives?'', he asks.
''Why?'', I ask. I'm so not in the mood.
''I take it as yes. Well, we need a driver'', he says. This is getting boring.
''Who's 'we'?'', I ask and look at the clock again, 3:17. I yarn. I'm not that tired. I have been sleeping all day.
''Well okay, Bass needs a driver'', he says.
''And you call me? Isn't there anyone sober enough to drive? Crash the clock is three in the fucking middle of the fucking night'', I say to him.
''I'm well aware that it's night. And yes, there is people sober enough to drive but Bass isn't giving the car keys to anyone'', he tells me.
''So, what makes you think he would give them to me?'', I ask.
''Well, you can always kiss them from him'', he says and laughs to my ear.
''Haa haa haa so funny'', I say unsmiling.
''Okay I stop teasing you but seriously Bass is not good drunk. Soon he will start having fights and stuff. Please? Pretty please?'', he says sweetly. I sigh.
''So, you want me to come at Odells and drive Sebastian home?'', I ask.
''Yeah, thank you so much. You're the best'', he says to me and the informs to somebody that I'm coming. I roll my eyes. When did I say 'yes'? This is not the first time I'm called to be a driver. I have driven Beggy million times home from the party. It's not really a big deal to drive people home. I'm just not sure how this one goes.
''No, no. Bass, he's not worth it'', Crash yells my ear. I take the phone from my ear and hope that my hearing didn't get damaged. I put the phone back to my ear.
''Okay. I'll be there in 25 minutes. Get him ready to leave'', I tell Crash. I hear yelling from the background.
''Yeah sure sure'', he says quickly and hangs up. I look my phone in disbelieve. What did I just agreed to?
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribe :)