In the East End

Chapter One

“Get the fuck off of me!” She screeched, thrashing against the officers trying to restrain her, this wasn’t the first time she had been arrested, especially not outside of a night club, it was usually petty charges, fighting, drunk and disorderly; she was almost on first name terms with some of the officers around these parts, “You’re fucking hurting me!”

“That’s not my problem!”

The officer grunted as she bucked against him,

“I’ll make it your problem!”

She growled.

He watched from across the road, watching as the scrappy teen in a tube dress, took grown men to the floor, he smirked to himself, he liked her,

“Should we go and help sir?”

A voice next to him pulled him from his thoughts, he took a deep drag from his cigarette, his eyes still fixed on the girl,

“Nah, give them a minute, she’ll soon get tired”

With several minutes passing, she showed no signs of stopping, he sighed flicking his fag butt in to the gutter, he strolled over, quickly flashing his warrant card,

“DCI Ross Gates and you are?”

She froze her eyes burning in to him,

“A little bit busy at the moment mate can we, erm, chat in a bit?”

She smirked at him, he rolled his eyes,

“Course we can” he marched behind her not giving her a chance to fight back, he slammed the handcuffs on her wrists, his hand gripping the centre, "Back at the station!"

she scoffed,

“It’s almost like you’ve done this before!”

“Couple of times”

He led her over to the van, stopping as they got to the door, he watched as the officers scrambled to open it, she leaned against him, her body flush with his,

“You could just let this slide” she whispered “You know, just a one off, I wouldn’t forget it”

He glanced down at her, blue eyes sparkling with mischief, his mouth turned up at the corners, his mind working overtime, she would be a massive asset to him, she could handle herself, she had a youthful innocence to her, he certainly wouldn’t suspect her of any wrong doing if he saw her walking down the street, most importantly, she had the gift of the talk, she was smooth, non plussed, he knew it was a dangerous combination.

“Maybe next time princess”

He smiled as he shoved her in to the van with brute force, she looked at him from a heap on the floor and winked, her smirk still firmly in place, he laughed to himself before closing the doors.

He didn’t even know her name and he was obsessed, he needed her to work with him.