When the Party's Over

drunk on halloween

I hummed a different song than the Drake one playing through the speakers. I could barely hear myself, but I felt the vibrations through my throat and that was enough to keep me going. I pushed past the crowd of bodies in whatever room of whoever’s house this was. My cup needed a refill and I pushed the slutty nurse away from the fridge. I didn’t bother apologizing as I opened the door and reached for the whiskey. I poured it into my cup then left it out as I walked out of the kitchen and outside. The air was cold against my skin, but refreshing from the warmth inside.

As I sat on the porch railing, I wondered where I had put my bat. The thought lasted for a second then I moved on as I watched Jill and her lucky boy-toy stumble through the side gate.

“Hiya, Harley.”

I grinned mischievously as Jill came over and looked into my cup. “You shouldn’t even have to ask. Who’s ya friend?”

“Oh, this is my Jack for the night. He’s a really charmer,” she whispered to me and I could smell the pot on her breath. I scrunched my nose up and pushed her away.

“God, spray some perfume or some shit.”

She stumbled for a moment, but balanced herself out. “Come on, Jack. Let’s go inside.”

They disappeared into the black lights that littered the house. I shook my head and took another sip. I thought about my bat again and decided to go look for it. I hopped off the railing, tumbling onto my knees and scraping them on the wooden porch. The pain subsided and I shrugged off the blood, knowing I could clean it up later. I walked into the house and toward the front, my eyes squinting under the low light. Black lights were neat and all, but Jesus Christ, I couldn’t see shit. A cop with cutoff shorts and sunglasses caught my attention as he walked toward the beer pong table, waving around a bat. A bat that I made.

I huffed and pushed through people to get over to him, my jaw clenching. I shoved his back with my free hand and he turned, ready to curse me out. “That’s my fuckin’ bat, you asshole.”

He smirked, lowering his sunglasses to look at me. “Finders, keepers, sweetheart.”

“Can you read?” I asked him.

“Yeah,” he laughed. We were catching the attention of others, but I didn’t pay them any mind. I wanted my bat.

“So, then you would know that I’m Daddy’s Little Monster and that’s my bat.”

“I bet I could be Daddy and you could be my little monster. How does that sound?”

My anger bubbled and my arm snapped forward, throwing my drink into his face. “Thanks for the invitation, but I’m not interested.”

“Jesus Christ! What the fuck?”

I snatched the bat from his hand as he lowered it and blew him a kiss. I swung it around, catching a few watcher’s eyes as I walked into the kitchen to get a new drink. I smiled as I did and hummed to myself.

“Fuckin’ psycho. Who does she think she is?”

“She’s so crazy.”

“She’s exactly like Harley Quinn, how fitting.”

I drank more and more as the night went on and I found myself staring into the red bulb somewhere near the stereo. The music was pounding into my ears and I closed my eyes, twirling the bat between my feet. I opened them after a moment and took my phone out of the back pocket of my shorts. I unlocked it and scrolled through my contacts until I landed on his name. I texted him, asking if he was up. I wished he was here with me, but I knew why he wasn’t. A part of me came here in hopes that he was. I stared at the low-lit screen as I waited for him, reaching up to rub the middle of my chin. I gripped the phone in my hand and dragged my bat with me as I went to find somewhere quiet to sit. No place in this house was quiet. I looked at the stairs where few people were and opted for them. When I got a couple steps up, I saw a new message and read it quickly. He was awake.

I tapped the screen then held the phone to my ear, plugging the other so I could listen to the ringing. I walked across the step and up one and continued until he answered.

“What’s wrong?”

I squeezed my eyes shut and my eyebrows skewed together. “N-Nothing. Why didn’t you come tonight?”

He sighed and paused for a moment. I continued to pace. “You know why.”

I opened my eyes and wished I hadn’t left my drink downstairs. At least I think I left it downstairs. I stopped at the railing and gripped it. “You should have came.”

“Why the hell are you calling me, Harley?”

“Fuck.” I gripped the railing harder. “Because I wanted to. Is that okay? Can I do anything without your fucking permission?”

“You’re being an idiot and I don’t want to talk to you when you’re being an idiot.”

“Fuck you.”

“Yeah, whatever, Harley. Go get another drink.”

“That’s a great idea. Maybe I’ll find someone to share it with.”

“You do that. Have a great night.”

He hung up on me and I covered my eyes, wanting to claw them out. He was such an asshole to me. I groaned and went to pick up my bat, but didn’t see it at my feet. I looked down the stairs, getting a little dizzy, and held onto the railing.

“Looking for something?”

I turned around and saw that stupid asshole cop swinging my bat around. He held a taunting smile on his face. I guess he wanted to go for round two. “Do we need to do this again?”

“Maybe we can leave the drink-throwing out of it.”

“I don’t know, I really liked that part.” I crossed my arms over my chest, clutching my phone.

“I bet I could give you something else to like.”

I sucked in a breath as he beckoned me forward. My feet followed willingly as he lead me into a dark bedroom and closed the door behind us. I could hardly see him but I welcomed his hands on my body and let him take my costume off.

“You’ve been a bad girl, Miss Quinn.” His breath fanned over my neck as he walked behind me after taking my shirt off. I closed my eyes and let him turn me around abruptly.

“What are you gonna do to me, huh?”

I felt his face near mine and I ached for him to touch me. “It looks like I’m going to have to take you in.” He pushed me onto the mattress and climbed over me. I was expecting some handcuffs at least, but I guess he was a rookie.
♠ ♠ ♠
let me know what you think. really would like feedback on this. thank you for reading :)