Daddy's Little Girl

Chapter Three

This was a bad idea. This was a very bad idea. I shouldn’t be here and I shouldn’t be doing this, but after the last few nights of endless nightmares and constant crying; I knew it was something I had to do. Taking a deep breath I knocked on the door and to my surprise my mother answered.

“Aurora sweetie, what a surprise. Come in come in.” she slurred. I rolled my eyes. For as long as I could remember she was always drunk. She only cared about herself and just the thought alone made me want to slap her. “What brings you here?” she smiled before sitting down on the couch. Apparently they’d done some redecorating or she was trying to get my father to notice her again. The couch now sat in the kitchen alongside the table.

“I came to talk to father.” I sighed trying my best to keep my distance.

“You can talk to me sweetheart. I’ll pass the message along.”

“No thanks mother. You’re drunk and I doubt you’ll retain anything I tell you. I’ll speak to father directly. It’s best he hears it from me anyways.” I snapped gritting my teeth to keep from saying more. I could already sense the change in her behavior. I knew she wouldn’t be welcoming forever.

“You know Aurora you’ve always been daddy’s little girl. He’d spend all those hours reading you bedtime stories. You just forgot you had a mom. It’s alright thought. Both you and that ungrateful bitch Victoria are both mothers now. I pray the give you half the hell you two gave me.”

Before I could stop myself I was stomping over to her my hand connecting harshly with her face emanating a loud smacking sound.

“How dare you?! How fucking dare you act like we were the problems? Do you really think you were mother of year. Here’s a message for you Carol you weren’t. You were horrible to us. You let father do whatever he wanted to me and you didn’t care. I cried out for you. I begged you to help me, help us, but you didn’t. You blamed Tori because your husband isn't interested in you anymore and that’s not fair to her. We didn’t forget we had a mom, our mom was too drunk all the time and forget she was a mother. Do you really think he was reading me bedtime stories at the age of sixteen? Are you seriously that delusional? No matter how much you try to block it out mother it happened and you let it. He beat us. He abused us. Hell, i wouldn’t be surprised if he did to Tori what he did to me. That man is horrible and you stand by his side and protect him and even joined in on the beatings mother. You’re just as bad as him. Now you don’t get any time with your children. You don’t get to see your grandchildren. They're beautiful and growing rapidly. All three of them. You will get old and die alone pulling stunts like putting the couch in the kitchen to get a man you should hate to notice you again, but he wont. Good-bye mother. You failed us and yourself.” I tried to hold in my tears until I was out the door, but they were approaching rapidly.

She wasn’t even following me. I could hear as the bottle clinked with the glass as she whispered to herself. All these years I thought that maybe she was victim like us, but I was wrong. She was just as bad as him and now she knew it. Drinking won’t hide things forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's been so long and that it's so short.