Light It Up

She's Whiskey in a Teacup

Looking around the small bar I smiled to myself. This place had been a solace for me when I was growing up. The Owner was friends with my father; when my dad passed away I began to look at Pat for fatherly advice. After I graduated and got my grow-op up and running this was the first thing I invest in. Pat wasn’t hurting, he was making ends meet, but he also didn’t have enough to put it back in the bar and update things that needed it. New tile flooring, re-upholstering for the seats, revamp of the décor, and updated coolers. He protested every step of the way not wanting me to spend my money on it.

Pat knew where my money was from, he didn’t agree with it, but he also knew he couldn’t stop me once I set my mind to things. So, he begrudgingly kept quiet about his opinions and let me run my life how I was going to.

“Hey Princess.” I hear him say as he emerges from the stock room. He was starting to show his age and it broke my heart. I wasn’t sure I could handle losing him as well. His light red hair was starting to get lighter as the grey crept its way in around his temples. And the lines around his mouth and eyes were deeper than the last time I had seen him.

“Hey Uncle Pat.” I reply getting up off the bar stool I had perched myself on. He engulfed my in a hug and squeezed tightly. I smile up at him as he held me at arm’s length.

“You look more and more like your mother every time I see you.” He says fondly. He and my mom had gotten really close after my father died and for a while I thought that they would end up together. When my mother got sick he distanced himself. My mother was hurt but I knew he just couldn’t bare to lose her too. He regretted that decision every wishing he wouldn’t have run from it and showed her that he was there for her.

“Thanks.” I say sadly knowing how that must make him feel.

“So, what brings you in here tonight?” He asks after clearing his throat and pouring me a whiskey on the rocks, my favorite. “Besides you coming to see your favorite man.”

I smile at broadly at him before taking a sip of my drink.

“I have some business to attend to. I knew that if I needed the backup you would be here. Not that I am expecting for it to get out of hand, but just in case.” I explain taking another drink and avoiding eye contact.

“Please tell me you aren’t bringing bad company here. I know I can’t stop you from doing what you do, you have made that very clear in the past. I just don’t want anything happening to you, some of the guys you deal with are dangerous.” He exhales while wiping down glasses.

“They aren’t good company, but I am hoping after this meeting they won’t be an issue anymore. It seems to be the leader of the group that’s stirring up the dust, hence why I have a meeting with him.” I look down and check my watch. The hand ticks past the 15 after mark. “Although is he is much later I may be less forgiving.”

As I say this the door opens and in walks three guys. The first is dark chocolate colored skin and is of average height and on the skinnier side, he has on some ripped jeans and a flannel with a black jacket over it. The second is shorter than the first and pale which makes the bright tattoos pop out even more. The third however is almost awkwardly tall compared to the other two. He had to be 6’2’’ at least he was also covered in tattoos like the second one was. He was quite striking too. His jaw was chiseled, and he had these amazingly blue eyes.

My breath caught in my throat for a second before I snapped out of it and remembered why I was here. I take a drink and wait to see if they are going to say anything to me.

“Dude I told you to hurry up. He’s not here anymore now. This was a big deal and now all I can do is hope he’s willing to meet up again.” The taller one says to the short tattooed one. I chuckle to myself no one ever expects me to be a woman.

“Can I help you gentleman?” Pat say loudly over their bickering.

“Yeah we were looking for Roman. We were supposed to meet him here.” The one in the flannel said.

I down the rest of my drink and stand up, clearing my throat all eyes land on me.

“Glad you guys could make it. I was starting to think you weren’t going to show up.” I smirk at the looks on the three men’s faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please let me know how you are feeling about this!