‹ Prequel: A Welcome Burden
Status: Please comment!

Blue on Black

Chapter 1

**Be advised that some chapters may not have an actual title but will keep the chapter numbers. Oh and I'm gonna start another story along with this one. Anyways I hope you all enjoy this sequel to A Welcome Burden!**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~

Beep...Beep...Beep...

My ears tuned in the sound of something beeping as I started to regain consciousness. I could feel very little pain but there was also something else there. It was hard and cold. What the hell am I laying on? I slowly opened my eyes but my vision was still blurry. Lights were above me and my heart began to race as I blinked. I brought my hand up to my eyes blocking out the light until my eyes adjusted.

"Ma'am can you hear me?" A woman's voice asked me and I shot up from the table as I felt her touch me. My body collapsed to the floor. I was way too weak to stand.

"Hey it's okay. I'm not gonna hurt you." I looked at the woman as she bent down on my level.

My eyes took in her appearance. She was a thin woman dressed in a lab coat. Her hair was a single color of red and tied up into a bun with thin framed glasses covering her hazel eyes. As I looked into her eyes, her calming aura made me grasp her welcoming hand. She helped me to my feet and I looked around the room I was in. Where the hell am I?

"You're in the medical ward of the school. Our people saved you and your friend."

"A school?" I questioned as she sat me down on the metal table.

"Yes Cheyenne. This is my school for gifted youngsters." I looked in the direction of the familiar voice. A bald older man in a motorized wheelchair came into the room.

"You're the man who led Logan to me." I said somewhat shocked.

"That's right. My name is Professor Charles Xavier. This is Dr. Jean Grey. It's finally nice to put a face to the woman I helped."

"Where's Logan?" I inquired.

"It's okay Cheyenne. Logan is upstairs. I took the liberty of giving him a room. When you're feeling better, I'll take you to him."

"Thanks." I said. My eyes scanned the medical room. It looked more like some kind of lab than a place where students could see a nurse.

"If you don't mind I'd like to take some x-rays to make sure you don't have any broken bones." I looked at Jean and nodded. She helped me off the table and over to a large round machine with a hole in the middle of it.

My legs felt like jello as we walked the short distance. I needed blood. I wonder if Logan had told any of them? Jean pushed a few buttons on the contraption before a table slid out of the machine. She instructed me to lay down and be very still. I did and the table shot back into the tube. I watched as a series of lights came on all around me and began flickering on and off slowly.

"Professor...look at this." Jean said as the lights went off and the table began to move again.

"She has the same metal skeleton as Logan but there's another broken outline as well. Cheyenne, are you a shape shifter?" She asked as I sat up from the table and looked at the large screen on the wall. I had never seen my Adamantium skeleton before.

"Yes. I...I am."

"Did you know you and Logan share the same metal skeleton?" She questioned. I put my head down and nodded.

"Yes I know but Logan doesn't. I don't want him to know."

"Why?" She questioned.

"Because Cheyenne remembers. Logan doesn't." I looked up at the Professor, "Something happened to Logan that caused his memory to be repressed."

"That's right but he does have the occasional flashback." I informed them.

"I know. I've been trying to get him to remember but it seems he doesn't want to remember or it's pushed so far back that it'll take time."

"Maybe. He gets short little cut scenes in his dreams." I said.

"Can I ask you a few questions?" I looked up at Jean and nodded my head.

Jean asked me a series of questions about my abilities. I told her about my telepathy that comes with the transformations and the telekinesis along with the ability to generate, manipulate, and control fire.

"Tranformation? You mean into other animals?"

"Yes. My primary animal is a wolf but I can also change into a tiger, cougar, lioness, and a bear if I need to." I explained.

"Do you have a healing ability as well? I mean since you have this metal skeleton?"

"Yes but unlike Logan's where he can constantly regenerate, I can't. Mine wears down over time or if I'm injured. To...to replenish it I have..to um...consume fresh meat or blood." I informed her. The Doctor seemed fascinated. Like she had never encountered someone like me before.

"I'll have someone bring in some meat so you can heal."

"Thanks." I said responding to the Professor's friendly smile.

"Just a couple more questions and we'll let you rest." I nodded my head for her to continue.

"How old are you?"

"I'm 24." I answered.

"What about Logan? Do you know his age?"

"From what Logan has told me about his cut scenes and what I learned when I went to school, I determined that Logan was born in the 1830s making him well over 150 years old." I explained. Jean and the Professor looked at each other in astonishment.

"How did you come to that conclusion?"

"Logan's cut scenes were from his past. He said that he remembers walking down hallways with only the use of a candle, horses and buggies going down dirt roads, and being in different wars with antique guns." I explained.

"Professor could this be true?"

"With his healing ability? Anything is possible. I mean physically he looks like a 42 year old man but in reality he's much older." The Professor commented.

"Professor?"

"Yes Cheyenne." He said wheeling over to me.

"Please don't tell Logan about the Adamantium. I don't want him to know."

"We won't tell him but I think you should soon." He said placing his hand on my knee.

"I know I need to but I'm afraid. I've kept this hidden from him for so long."

"I know. I can feel your guilt." He said in a sympathetic tone. Again I adverted my eyes to the floor.

"I think we should let her rest until her food arrives."

"You're right." He agreed. Jean helped me back over to the metal table and I laid down on my side facing away from them. I looked over as the automatic door opened and they both left leaving me alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Welcome to the sequel to A Welcome Burden! I hope you enjoy this second part to the story. We'll see how it ends before I decide on whether or not I'll make another part to this one.

Please remember to Comment, Recommend, and Subscribe!**