‹ Prequel: A Welcome Burden
Status: Please comment!

Blue on Black

Chapter 18

I spent the entire night running and hunting down any animal I could find just so I could drink their blood. I needed to prepare for today. While running and killing creatures, I made up my mind on what I must do and it's for the best...for everyone. When I returned before dawn this morning, Jean had the jet fixed and we were all ready to go. It didn't take long to get us there but on the way I spoke to no one not even Logan. Jean and Storm landed the plane a little ways from the facility I had fled and everyone began suiting up. Evidently it's their working attire.

"Why don't we get uniforms?" Bobby asked curiously.

"They're on order. Should arrive in a few years." I couldn't help but snicker at Logan's sarcastic comment as his zipped up one of the suits.

"All right, this is a topographic map of the dam. This is the spillway. See these density changes in the terrain?"

"They're tire tracks." Logan answered as I looked over the map. I didn't need a damn map to know how to get in.

"That's the entrance. And this shows the depth of the ice covering the ground."

"This is recent water activity." Storm replied.

"If we go in, Stryker could flood the spillway."

"Can you teleport inside?" Jean asked as she turned to Kurt.

"I have to be able to see where I'm going...otherwise I could wind up inside a wall."

"I'll go. I've a hunch he'll want me alive." Logan said volunteering.

"Whoever goes into the dam needs to be able to operate the spillway mechanism. What do you intend to do? Scratch it with your claws?" As they argued about who would be going in, I slipped out of the jet and started running towards the facility's spillway I had seen on the map. If sacrificing myself will keep all of them safe...then that's what I'm going to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~Logan's POV~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Whoever goes into the dam needs to be able to operate the spillway mechanism. What do you intend to do? Scratch it with your claws?"

"I'll take my chances." I said with a bit of a snarl. I don't care what this Magneto guy says. Stryker wants me and I should be the one to go in.

"But I won't." Magneto looks over to the blue woman he called Mystique and she smirks.

"Wait a minute. Where's Chey?" I look behind me expecting to see her there but she wasn't. What the hell? I quickly walk off the jet and look around but she's no where to be found.

"Chey!" I waited for her to appear but she didn't before I yelled again, "Chey where are you?"

"Oh God. She's in the spillway."

"Damnit! I've got to get her back." I said and as I began to walk away Jean grabbed my shoulder.

"No Logan. We stay with Magneto's plan. Mystique can get in there and get her back." I looked at Jean as Magneto and Mystique walked out of the jet. The blue woman changes quickly to look like me.

"Don't worry Logan. I can get her back." She said but in my voice. I looked at her confused as to how she can also imitate my voice but let her walk away from the group. If Stryker lays one hand on my girl...he's gonna regret it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Cheyenne's POV~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I entered the long metal tube of the spillway and followed the truck tracks until I came to a large steel door. My eyes scanned the door before coming to a security camera that pointed right at me.

"Open the damn door Stryker." Immediately the door opened to reveal a large room and several armed men surrounded me. I slowly put my hands in the air surrendering.

"Look who's come home. I half expected it to be Wolverine." Styker said as he moved through the men.

"He doesn't know I'm here. Don't hurt anyone else Stryker. I know this is what you wanted."

"Sir there's another person in the spillway." One of Styker's men said as he handed him a tablet. He smiled before the doors to the spillway opened again. I looked behind me to see Logan and I sighed.

"Come back for your precious girlfriend?"

"Yes and among other things." He said with a growl.

"The one thing I know better than anyone is my own work." I watched Styker handed the tablet back to one of his men before whispering, "Seal the room. Shoot it." The doors began to shut and the men raised their weapons at Logan but he went on the attack.

I watched as Logan's figure turned into the blue woman that was with Magneto. It was enough of a distraction to give me time to transform into my own beast. My wolf broke free of my body as Stryker fled. Mystique slipped under a door as I fought his men and killed them. When I had killed all of his men, I transformed back to human and followed Styker's scent down a series of halls that were familiar before I entered the room where I had been tortured with Adamantium. I scanned the room for Styker but he wasn't there.

"There's a tricky thing about adamantium. If you ever manage to process its raw, liquid form...you gotta keep it that way." I turned around quickly to see Stryker come into the room with a woman, "Keep it hot. Because once the metal cools it's indestructible. But you already know that. I used to think you were one of a kind, Cheyenne. I was wrong but why did you come back?"

"You cut me open. You took my life and the lives of others with your fucked up sense of science."

"You make it sound as if I stole something from you. As I recall, it was your parents who gave you to me to be dealt with." He said in a smug tone as if he was proud of what my father had done to me.

"You'll pay for what you've done to me and everyone else you've destroyed."

"You mean Logan? He's just another failed experiment like you. If you don't already know he volunteered to have the procedure. If he really knew about his past...what kind of person he was, the work we did together...
People don't change, Cheyenne. You both were animals then and you're both animals now. I just gave you all better claws." He explained. I growled lowly at the man feeling my wolf beckon to be let out once again.

As I was about to unleash the animal within, a loud alarm followed by rumbling took my focus and I looked around as dust fell from the concrete walls and ceiling.

"What the hell is that?" I questioned as the alarm continued.

"What is it? The dam's ruptured. It's gonna flood water into the spillway to relieve the pressure.It's too late, Cheyenne." Stryker took a few steps towards me leaving the woman to be behind him, "In a few minutes we'll all be underwater. You can't help your friends. They're as good as dead, Chey. You're a survivor. Always have been."

"I thought I was just an animal with claws. If we die, you die." I said as I shifted into my large wolf.

"There are no answers that way, Chey but if you insist that I die as well, try getting passed Yuriko and you may succeed." Stryker backed away and let the woman face me. I snarled at the woman as she cracked her knuckles before her nails grew into long thin Adamantium spikes.

I roared loudly as she smirked before going on the attack but she moved quicker than me and slashed my chest with her long claws. I looked down at the blood that trickled down my fur and growled. I came at her again with my long nails extended and grabbed onto her. My mouthful of razor sharp teeth clamped down on her head and I thrashed around like like dog playing with a chew toy. I let go flinging her across the room only to have her land right on her feet. I watched as the flesh I had damaged healed immediately like Logan does.

I wasted little time and ran back for her but this time she kicked me and knocked me into the air. My body went flying before landing on a metal grate above the water tank I was put into. The breath inside my body was knocked from me and as I tried to recover I felt sharp piercing pains through my back. I let out a painful howl that shook the building while looking for a way to stop her.

As she continued to stab my back repeatedly, I felt my blood oozing from the very wounds. I knew she was going to kill me. Then I saw my opportunity. I raised one large paw and swiped the chains holding the metal platform in the air and it went crashing down into the tank of water. I slowly rolled off the platform and grabbed one of the injectors just as the woman emerged from the tank. I jabbed her right through the neck and squeezed the trigger as my wolf form left and my human form appeared.

"Go..to hell." I breathed heavily as the woman choked on the hot adamantium. As it cooled inside of her she sank to the bottom with a thump and unmoving.

Another rumble from the failing damn shook the building and I fell down to one knee. My blood loss progressed further with each breath I took and I could feel my life slipping away as I collapsed face first to the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Any thoughts on this chapter? I'd like to know.

Sadly this story only has 3 more chapters left but I'd also like you you readers to do something for me. Down below will be a list of stories. If you could, please pick out at least 2 stories that you would like to see posted. Whichever story or stories gets the most votes in the comment section will be uploaded!

Here are your choices:

Sabertooth/Victor Creed

Avenged Sevenfold

Pitch Black/Riddick

WWE Dean Ambrose

HellBoy

The Walking Dead feat. Negan

The Lost Boys

Ghost Adventures

Please be sure to vote your stories in the comment section below! I'm giving you all until the very last chapter of this story before I count the votes!

Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!**