‹ Prequel: A Welcome Burden
Status: Please comment!

Blue on Black

Chapter 8

Once Charlie had fallen asleep in my bed, I snuck out of the building to go hunting. I've done this many times before but I always keep my eyes open for anything that could happen. I lept over the wall separating the grounds from the woods in my wolf form with my back pack securely placed on my powerful jaws. I carried the bag with me as I sniffed the woods for prey. Inside my bag was a cooler filled with ice and some jarsĀ  just in case I brought down any big prey. I had to restock my mini fridge with blood in case I couldn't go hunting.

The scent of a rather large deer filled my nose as I breathed in the air. I snuck quietly through the brush until I saw my prey. I would get plenty of blood from this animal if I catch it. I gently set my bag down on the ground and stalked the creature. Every now and then it would look around to make sure nothing was near before going back to eating.

I hid inside a cluster of bushes planning my ambush attack. My paws dug into the earth as I got myself positioned correctly. All at once I pounced latching my long claws into the animal's flesh and sinking my thick fangs deep into the side of its neck. The deer thrashed and bucked trying to throw me off but with no luck. When I clamp down on my prey, nothing can make me let go. As easily as I struck it, I brought the beast down to the ground clamping down harder on the neck cutting off its oxygen and suffocating it to death.

When I no longer felt life in the creature I started eating it. The blood and fresh meat satisfied my wolf and restoring my body. I lapped at the blood before morphing out of my wolf form filling a couple of the jars to the brim. I put those jars into the cooler and placed it back into my bag. I knew I was covered in blood so I went to a small stream to clean up as I went back to my wolf form. The water was refreshing and cool. I watched as the blood that stained my fur washed away with the flowing water.

Being cleaned and satisfied, I made my way back to the mansion. As I trotted back I couldn't help but think about Logan. I wonder what he's doing right now. I wonder if he's even thinking about me. I wish he would just return home. I wish he would return to me...

I hopped over the wall and this time changed back into my human form before heading to my room. I quietly opened the bedroom door and Charlie was still sound asleep. I quickly got dressed into my pajamas and climbed into the bed. Charlie stirred a little no but never woke up. It wasn't long until I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~


The next morning I got Charlie up and ready for school. Tonight I would have to leave her once again but this time I'd be going to work. Throughout the day I lounged around on the grounds in my wolf form just waiting as I've been doing for over a year. My head picked up as I heard the gates open up. My head went back down as i saw it was just the mailman delivering today's assortment of letters and packages. I didn't even bother sending a telepathic message to Storm asking her to check and see if I had anything from Logan.

I huffed sadly before getting to my feet and walking into the bushes for some shade. I stayed there until I was time for Charlie to get out of her last class. I waited for her outside the building this time in my human form. When she spotted me, she ran directly at me.

"How was your day?" I asked hugging her.

"It was good. I hung out with my friends during recess. Oh and I drew you a new picture." I took the folded paper from her and smiled. She had drawn a picture of us in our wolf forms.

"This is beautiful." I said smiling down at her.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Charlie, after dinner Storm is gonna be watching you for a while." I said and her face turnes from a happy smile to radiating fear.

"Where are you going?"

"I just have to go to work but don't worry I'll be back later tonight." I said as I got down on her level.

"So you're coming back?"

"Of course I am. I could never leave you." I said smiling before I began to tickle her sides. Her precious laughter ignited a deep fire in my soul. I knew with all that I had...I have to keep this little girl safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~


That evening after dinner, I said goodbye and got into my car to head to work. Yes I have a car and a license now. When I passed my driver's test and got my license, Storm and the Professor got together and bought me a car. I was so excited to see the classic Chevy Chevelle parked in the mansion's garage when I came back from work one night. It had a big bow on the top of it with my name on the large tag. I couldn't thank those two enough.

I pulled into the bar's parking lot and got a space in front of the building. I shut the engine down and made sure to lock up before heading inside. Immediately I was greeted by the owner and the band members.

"Good evening Cheyenne. You ready to entertain tonight?"

"Always Matt. Let's get set up." I said to the lead guitarist. We went over to the stage and I helped them set up the amps and microphones as people started coming into the bar.

The coolest thing about performing in this bar is that the patrons like to hear both classic rock and hard rock being sung. I couldn't see myself singing anything else. When the place was pretty much filled up, I stepped up to the microphone.

"How are you all doing tonight?" I spoke getting the people's attention. Lota of people raised their beer bottles while cheering.

"Good to hear! Let's get this shit started!" I said nodding to the band to play the first song of our set. As the melody for the people staring at me I began to sing.

"Another dream that will never come true
Just to compliment your sorrow
Another life that I've taken from you

A gift to add on to your pain and suffering

Another truth you can never believe
Has crippled you completely
All the cries you're beginning to hear
Trapped in your mind, and the sound is deafening

Let me enlighten you
This is the way I pray

Living just isn't hard enough
Burn me alive, inside
Living my life's not hard enough
Take everything away

Another nightmare about to come true
Will manifest tomorrow
Another love that I've taken from you
Lost in time, on the edge of suffering

Another taste of the evil I breed
Will level you completely
Bring to life everything that you fear
Live in the dark, and the world is threatening

Let me enlighten you
This is the way i pray

Living just isn't hard enough
Burn me alive, inside
Living my life's not hard enough
Take everything away

Return to me
Leave me no one
Turn to me
Return to me
Cast aside

You've made me turn away

Living just isn't hard enough
Burn me alive, inside
Living my life's not hard enough
Take everything away."


The crowded bar began to cheer as I finished my song and started the next. I looked over the crowd as I sang watching some people getting up and dancing and some singing along. I wish Logan was here to see me now.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Any thoughts on this chapter? Yes I know it's late to be updated but I've been a little busy around the house.

Cheyenne's Car:

[img]http://americanclassicscars.com/chevrolet/70333-1969-chevrolet-chevelle-malibu-automatic-5-speed-rwd-v8-60l-gasoline.html[/img]

Starting Song:
[img]https://m.youtube.com/results?search_query=disturbed+prayer[/img]