You

Fourteen.

Joanna was quickly introduced to Steve's son Brandon, who at only eleven could easily pass for sixteen and was more than ready for heavy lifting. The four set off towards her building and loudly made their way up to the second floor where her place was located.

She shoved the key into the doorknob and pushed the door open. She reached inside and flipped the light switch up so there would be light. Steve and Brandon were the first to step inside, followed by Tony and then herself.

"Damn Jo this place is badass!" Steve exclaimed glancing at the pictures and posters littered all over the walls.

"Thanks."

"Dad look, there's pictures of you and uncle T in the band, " Brandon pointed at the set of pictures located on the wall by the sliding glass door.

"You kept pictures of us?" Tony questioned quietly.

She shrugged, "Why not? I had no issues with the band. It was you."

"Oh," he sighed, "Right."

"Man you followed the band all the way up until now huh?" Steve asked while Joanna stood near him, taking pictures down one by one.

"Sure did. Regardless of what happened, everyone was still my friend."

"Even jackass."

She laughed, "Even jackass."

"You have boxes right?" Tony asked.

Joanna stopped what she was doing, "Uh..."

"Steve and Brandon stay here and get shit situated. Jo and I will go for boxes."

"Who put you in charge?" Both Joanna and Steve asked at the same time.

"Me since it was my idea to help her out," he said with a shrug.

Joanna rolled her eyes and followed him out into the hallway.

"Besides I'm not familiar with anything on this side and you are. It's perfect."

"Maybe in your little fucked up world," Joanna muttered, "but whatever I'm just ready to get this over with."

She held out her hand.

"What?" Tony asked.

"Keys. I'm driving. End of story."

"Fine."

Once they were almost outside, Joanna stopped and ran back up to her apartment for her CD collection. She would be playing car DJ yet again whether he liked it or not. Once she had it, she told Steve and Brandon bye again and ran back out to Tony.

"Oh no," he muttered.

"Oh yes."

Joanna hopped into the driver seat and began searching through her collection for the perfect CD. Once found, she popped her mixed CD out and put in the next one. It wasn't mixed, more of a greatest hits album. Starting and reversing out of the parking spot, the first song began playing.

She grew up in an Indiana town
Had a good-lookin' mama who never was around
But she grew up tall and she grew up right
With them Indiana boys on them Indiana nights

Well, she moved down here at the age of eighteen
She blew the boys away, was more than they'd seen
I was introduced and we both started groovin'
She said, "I dig you baby, but I got to keep movin' on
Keep movin' on"

Last dance with Mary Jane, one more time to kill the pain
I feel summer creepin' in and I'm tired of this town again


"I swear if you talk shit about Tom Petty, I'll ditch you somewhere and leave you without the vehicle," she promised at the stop light.

He held his hands up, "I've got no problem with this."

"Better not."

"Can I ask you something?"

"You just did," she muttered as the light turned green.

"You know what I mean."

She shrugged without taking her eyes off the road.

"Why'd you give that bartender the time of day? He's not even your type."

"Since when do you know what my type is?"

"You've always went for the weirdos, the outcasts, the freaks, the stoners. Not pretty drink making guys."

"Maybe I've grown out of that phase, did you ever consider that?"

Tony laughed, "No you haven't."

"How do you figure?"

"For one, that heated makeout session at my house told me you're not over me. For two I've seen the way you light up when someone fits into the categories I listed not too long ago. For three-"

"You think I'm still stuck on you? Are you serious right now?!"

"Think about it, no matter how shitty I've treated you, you're still willing to speak to me. No matter how many times I've crossed the line, you still want me around. Before I realized it was you dancing that night, you were begging for my attention; even after I realized it was you, you purposely set out to make sure I noticed you.

You allowed me to tag along for packing and moving your stuff from here to home, you're in my fucking car right now with me. You're-"

She pulled off onto the shoulder and slammed on the brakes. Without a glance his way, she snatched up her CD case and exited the vehicle.

"What the hell are you doing!" Tony shouted from the passenger seat while she headed back the way they just drove from. "Joanna!"

He shut the car off and ripped the keys from the ignition. Flinging the door open, he jumped out of the car and barely shut the door before running after her.

"Joanna wait the hell up a minute!"

He finally caught her, "Fucking stop would ya?"

"Get the hell away from me before I hurt your ass."

He grabbed her waist and stopped her from going any further, "Talk to me Jo."

"You don't know the first thing about me or how I feel about you!"

" I know I didn't turn out the way you wanted me to turn out. I knew back then you loved me, but I couldn't have you loving me. Fucking me of all people? Dude why would you love me? I was addicted to sex and I didn't want to be with one set girl at that time."

"You still don't!"

"There's where you're wrong. Yes on tour I slept with millions of girls over the years, but when I'm home? Half of the girls I take home don't even get past the front door. Over time I've come to realize way back when, I was in love with you. That fucking scared the living hell out of me!

You were my best fucking friend and I caught feelings for you. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself had we actually hooked up and broke up down the road. And then we fucked on our holiday. I realized then and there we were history. You moved away and I blamed myself because I pushed you away for meaningless sex. I lost my best friend on Halloween and everybody but me was able to stay in contact with you over time.

I've been being the way I've been being because I realized I'm still in love with you and you won't even give me five minutes to show you I've grown up, but you'll give an outsider a chance in a heartbeat."

Joanna stood there in silence.

"No other girl is you Joanna. You've been on my mind ever since that party. I can't get you out of my head no matter how hard I try to. I'm still in love with you."

"You don't grasp the concept of love Tony."

Tony scoffed and shook his head, "I give up."

She watched him turn and head back for his car, "My point exactly!"

He turned on his heel and headed back to her, "I'm so fucking tired of the head games Joanna. You hate me, you like me, you hate me again, you tolerate me, we get too close and I stop it before we make another mistake-"

"Now sleeping with me was a mistake? God you're so un-fucking-believable!"

"You said it yourself first babycakes."

"I said it because," she paused for a moment, "Nevermind. You're right, it definitely was a mistake."

"Let's just find you some boxes, get you packed up and home. After that I'm done."

"Tony..."

"It's ok I get it," he shrugged. "C'mon let's go before Steve thinks...let's just go."

XxxxxX

Tony stayed away from Joanna once they were back at her place. Joanna felt so lost. Her plan to mess with his head backfired and blew up in her face. Steve noticed the tension and waited until Tony was busy taking boxes out to say something.

"What happened?" Steve asked after pulling her into a hug.

"He confessed his feelings for me and I told him he didn't get the concept of feelings for someone. We argued and by the end of it he said he was done," she wiped away tears. "I don't think I want him to be done with me."

Steve pulled her back slightly to stare at her for a moment and searched her face for any hint of joking. Satisfied she was truthful he said, "I know you still love him. Why? I don't really know. What I do know, however, he's far from done with you Jo. His ego is just wounded. The moron has been head over heels for you since you two were kids."

----

Almost six hours later her apartment was packed up. Joanna had walked through it one last time to make sure nothing was left behind. In her bedroom, the closet shelf held a shoebox that had been pushed back at some point. Joanna almost missed it, but caught sight of it at the last minute. Once she had ahold of it, the four hit the road to go home.

That had been an hour ago and they still had a long time before they were home. Although she didn't want to be in the same vehicle as Tony, he told her it was fine that she rode with him on the way home.

"You hungry too?" Tony asked as his hand reached for the volume dial on the radio.

"Not really."

Tony shrugged but hit the next highway exit. McDonald's was the first food place to pop up on the short stretch of road, and not wanting to wait much longer he pulled into the parking lot. He got out of the car and checked to make sure his wallet was in his back pocket before making his way inside.

Joanna glanced down at the shoebox in her lap. She hadn't looked inside to see its contents since school. Curious, she flipped the lid open and found a stack of pictures, folded up pieces of notebook paper, and old pack of ZigZags and her favorite glass mini pipe.

"Holy crap," she whispered to herself while she picked up the pipe to examine it. After looking it over, she placed it on her leg and pulled out the notebook paper next.

She was busy reading the notes her and the guys passed back and forth while in class when Tony returned with a bag full of food and two drinks.

"Hey you found my bowl!"

Joanna looked down at it and then up at him, "My bowl you mean."

He placed the food between them on the middle console and stuck the drinks in the cup holders, "No I bought it for myself but you loved it so much, I gave it to you as a birthday gift."

"Oh, right."

"What else is in that box?" He asked while situating himself in the driver's seat.

"Old notes we all used to pass back and forth in class, ZigZags, that bowl and pictures."

"Lemme see the pictures."

She nodded and handed them over. They were mostly ones of him, her Steve and Matt as kids.

"So that's where these went," he chuckled while looking at each one. "All of mine are when we were a bit older and a couple in high school."

"Yeah your mom sent them to me at some point in school. She figured I'd like to have them and she didn't have a need for a second set of the same ones. I had forgotten all about them until just now."

He stopped at the same picture that had him realize who she was a few weeks back. He smiled at it and slide it towards Jo, "This is the one that helped me recognize you a while back."

She looked at the picture in his hand and noticed how happy the two of them were in each other's arms. Clearing her throat, she looked away from the picture, "We should probably get moving again. Looks like storms are moving in on us."

Tony nodded and passed the pictures back over to her. She stuck everything back in the box and shut the lid. Tony started the vehicle back up and grabbed two burgers out of the bag, sticking one in her lap. He held his between his teeth while he backed out of his parking spot. Within in three minutes they were back on the road for home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments on the last chapter! Always means so much to me!

Everything was supposed to be updated sooner but my notes app crashed a while back and deleted all of my updates and my Sims 4 note stuff ugh! My other ZV story will be updated by the end of the weekend im still editing it and adding stuff to it.