You

Three.

Joanna sighed at her reflection while she finished up her makeup. She really wanted to skip tonight but at the same time she was excited to be with her friends again, no matter how goofy they may be. She couldn't skip out though, she needed her friends. It killed her back in the day when she had to move away, even after becoming heartbroken because Tony moved on.

"I'll show him exactly what he threw away," she muttered to herself.

She jumped to her feet while smoothing her custom made off the shoulder Mest shirt down. Her black and green schoolgirl type skirt complemented both her legs and choice of shirt nicely. She adjusted the knee high socks again, making sure they were still in place while she slipped her feet into her graffiti DCs.

Joanna honestly looked like she had just stepped out of high school and she loved it. Deciding on a messy bun, she quickly did her hair and made sure she had everything she needed before leaving her bedroom. Her dad was already asleep so she left a note saying where she was going and they she'd probably not see him until the next morning.

Checking once more she had what she needed, Joanna exited her childhood home and welcomed the warm evening air happily. Nerves on the verge of going berserk inside were slowly calmed with the outside air. She could hear the music already blaring-which didn't surprise her one it-and knew that if she could hear it, Tony could too and would make a grand appearance at one point.

"Jojo!"

She looked up through her lashes as she lit a cigarette, "Hey Nick."

"I just wanted to be sure you was actually coming."

"I'm coming. Otherwise I wouldn't be dressed like this," she laughed.

"You look hot!"

She sighed deeply he was already trashed. At least it was bud.

"I honestly thought I was gonna have to kidnap your ass just so you'd come," he added with his signature smirk.

"No need for that Nicky," she sighed. "You got any bud on you right now? That'd help me out so much."

He nodded and pulled out a joint, "Just for you. If you need a hook up, an actual hookup, let me know and I'll get you a bag."

She nodded, "Please."

He grinned, "Let's go to my house first then, then we'll head over to Matt's."

"Ok."

~*~

Thirty minutes later Joanna was following Nick through Matt's front door. Though the party wasn't the biggest, it was already in full swing. Nick led her to the kitchen where they found both Matt and Jeremiah.

"You made it!" Jere beamed, "And damn look at you!"

She blushed and shoved his shoulder, "Shut up."

"Want a drink or are you gonna be like Nick and stick to pot?" Matt asked, arm extended with a drink in hand.

Joanna bit her lip, "I think I'll stick to pot for a while."

Matt nodded, "I understand. You've never been much of a drinker."

"Nope," she smiled.

They continued with small talk until they heard someone shout Tony was there. Joanna tensed up instantly.

"He said he had a date tonight," Matt groaned.

"Obviously to this party," Joanna muttered.

Matt frowned, "Stay here with the guys while I go see what's going on."

She nodded and leaned against the counter.

"I know it seems like he's always popping up when you're around us, but we've been avoiding him alot lately. He wants to be stupid and we're not looking to be so we leave him be," Jeremiah said.

"I don't blame you guys. I just find it irritating as fuck he's gotta come around still."

The two guys nodded.

"You got a paper or somethin' Nick?"

He searched his pockets and pulled out a pipe, "I've got a bowl."

Joanna took it happily and pulled out the chunk she swiped from her bag at his house. Her fingers worked quickly to break the bud up. Once the bowl was loaded, she quickly pulled out her lighter.

The three smoked in silence while they waited for Matt to return.

"He sure is taking an awful long time isn't he?" Nick asked through a cloud of smoke.

Just as Joanna was about to answer, Matt's voice grew louder.

"... Man no just leave!"

The three looked up and saw Tony standing in the entryway.

"Ah, rude bitch is here!" He shot her a smirk.

"Dammit Tony, " Matt groaned, he rubbed his hands down his face.

"What's this?" Tony continued, "She's a pothead too? My kind-a girl!"

"Can't love a stoner when you go for junkie whores," Joanna thought out loud.

"Excuse me?" Tony's smirk was gone, now he was glaring at her, "What did you say?"

She ignored him and continued to smoke. Until Tony snatched the pipe from her anyways.

"What the hell is your problem?!" She was now glaring as well.

"You, you fangirl from hell, slut looking little bitch. You don't know the first mother fucking thing about me or what I look for in a woman. Judgemental bitch!"

She got in his face with an evil grin, "Far from a fangirl there buddy. I do know everything about you...and sadly I do know what you look for in a woman."

"Other than friends and family," he began, stepping closer to her until he had her backed up against the counter, "Nobody knows shit about me unless they're fangirls."

"Don't flatter yourself Lovato."

They stared each other down.

"Tony man, back off her dude," Nick said after a few minutes.

He lifted his right hand and flipped the drummer off.

Nick groaned and looked at Joanna, "Jojo?"

Tony searched her face after hearing that name. He hadn't heard that name in years.

"I've got this," she said confidently.

"I knew a Jojo once," Tony mumbled, "she was never a bitch though. She knew how to treat a man with respect."

Joanna snorted, "What man?"

Tony's glare returned, "You may have her name but you'll never be half the woman she was."

"How would you know? You ditched her for the next fuck remember?"

"Oh fuck," Matt, Jeremiah and Nick all groaned at once.

What happened next shocked everyone, including the one responsible. Tony raised his hand and slapped Joanna across her face. Eyes wide, he watched her place a hand over her cheek while her other hand balled into a fist. Her fist made contact with his eye. She went to swing at him again, but Matt grabbed her around the waist and pulled her out of his kitchen.

"Are you ok?" He asked once the pair was outside and away from everyone.

"I'm fine," she mumbled, "man I'm sorry I punched him. I should have just stayed home."

"It's ok," Matt pulled her into a hug. "Maybe we should just hang out at your dad's house since Tony can't seem to take the hint and fuck off."

"Right."

"I'm sorry he said what he said and did."

"Don't apologize for him. You didn't do it, he did."

"Yeah but-"

"No buts Matt," she cut him off. "He can be the man he claims to be and apologize himself."

"Fine," he sighed.

"I'm kinda partied out man. Could I crash here tonight? I left a note for my dad saying I wouldn't be back 'til morning. He'll be getting up here shortly, I don't wanna wake him up before he's gotta be up. I guess he's super busy this week and needs all the rest he can possibly get. "

"Sure, c'mon," he smiled.

Joanna returned the smile and followed Matt to the spare bedroom. She needed alone time; Tony ruined her good mood for the night and made her lose interest in having a good time with her friends.

"Your old room awaits m'lady," Matt chuckled.

"You're awesome as hell Matty boy," she grinned while hugging him. "Just like old times."

"Except Tony won't be around."

"I'll believe it when he doesn't barge in," she laughed. Matt went to apologize again but Joanna put her hand up, "I'm kidding. He's obviously lonely without you guys or he wouldn't keep on showing up when he's not invited."

"He knows what he needs to do in order to get back on our good side. He chooses not to and to show up anyways to cause trouble for us. Eventually he'll grow up."

Joanna nodded while Matt moved to the door. He gave her one last smile before leaving her alone.

"Yeah, eventually."