You

Nine.

After a smooth dinner for the birthday boy and everyone that tagged along, everyone decided they were in the mood for dancing and more drinking. Rachael suggested they go to a club to which everyone but Joanna agreed to. She was beyond tired and wanted to just relax for a bit.

"Go back to my house ok? Don't just up and leave please," Matt had said to Joanna as a cab pulled up to the curb. He handed the keys to Rachael's vehicle back to her, knowing nobody would be sober enough to drive home safely. "Please just stay there ok? We won't be out all night. I promise."

Joanna smiled and hugged him, "You're not getting rid of me just yet Matty boy. I'll be at your house, I promise."

Matt nodded and kissed her cheek. Joanna watched as everyone crowded into cabs. Once everyone was in one, Joanna headed back to Rachael's car. The drive back was peaceful and short. As she pulled into the driveway, she noticed Tony's figure hunched over on the front porch. She watched him look up at the vehicle and drop his head again.

Rolling her eyes at the sight, she killed the engine and hopped out. Pocketing the keys, she made her way up to the front door. Tony stole another glance and realized it was Joanna and she was alone. He didn't say a word to her though. But as she stepped inside and was closing the door, she heard a quiet "I'm sorry" come out of his mouth.

Fed up with his shit still, she scoffed and slammed the door shut. As much as she wanted to, she couldn't lock him out though, as he had a spare key for emergencies. She turned to face the living room and groaned out loud. The entire house was beyond trashed. Deciding to help the couple out, she began picking up after everyone.

First she turned the music back on to help get her motivated enough to actually pick stuff up. Dealing with whatever happened to be playing, she then went for trash bags. Once found, she made her way back to the living room seeing as how it was the most trashed.

Tony had snuck inside without her noticing him. He expected her to lock herself up in the guestroom but was surprised to find her cleaning up after the party. Finally after a few minutes of him staring, she turned to face him. If looks could kill, he'd be dead where he stood.

"The fuck are you staring at?" She muttered while pushing past him.

"You."

"Leave."

"This ain't your house," he chuckled, "You can't tell me to leave."

She ignored him and placed the full bag on the floor in the kitchen. She purposely banged into him again as she went back to filling another bag up. He found it amusing that she had done that of course.

"Then go back outside and leave me the hell alone," she finally muttered.

"It's chilly out there, deal with me in here," he shrugged, although she didn't see it.

She knew he was right, "Fine. Go to a different room. Just get the hell away from me!"

"I'm nowhere near you."

She sighed in frustration, "I don't care! I don't want you in the same room as me!"

He chuckled again and just to piss her off more, he plopped down onto the sofa, "Nah, I'm good right here."

"Dude you're pissing me off."

His eyes lit up at that statement, "Good."

She slammed the trash bag down and headed for the guestroom. Before she made it halfway to her destination, her back collided with the wall. Immediately she balled her fists up and went to swing at Tony. Him being completely sobered up, reacted quicker and pinned her arms above her head by her wrists.

"Let me go or I'll kick you in the balls again!"

He laughed and moved his body closer, putting his legs between hers, "Can't now can ya?"

She struggled to free at least one hand, only for him to grip a bit tighter.

He watched her continue to try and get free with a grin plastered on his face. Eventually she gave up with a long sigh and let her head fall back into the wall. She refused to look at him.

"Jojo, look at me," he sighed, "Please?"

"Fuck you."

"C'mon."

She shook her head no. She felt him place both wrists into his right hand while his left touched her face lightly. He gently turned her head until she was facing him fully.

"Jojo I'm so fucking sorry," he whispered, "for everything tonight and for everything in the past."

She finally looked him in the eyes, searching for lies. She swallowed quietly when she found nothing but the truth and sadness.

"I miss you so damn much it hurts," he continued on quietly.

She stayed quiet, too afraid she might say or do something stupid. His eyes left hers briefly, trailing down to her dark lips. He looked back up into her eyes and sighed.

He released her wrists and stepped out from between her legs. With one last glance at her, he smiled sadly and headed back towards the living room. Joanna bit her lip and watched him disappear around the corner. Her head told her to go lay down, but her heart said follow him.

Tony laid back on the sofa with the lights off. The only light came from the TV. He was flipping through channels barely paying attention to each channel. The volume was low until he heard a door close. Knowing it was Joanna, he sighed and turned the volume up more. Settling for a movie he didn't even recognize, he stretched out to relax more.

He didn't notice Joanna's presence until she stood in front of him.

"Move over some so I can sit," she quietly said, using her hands for emphasis.

He did as she said and watched her sit.

"I figured you went to bed."

She tore her gaze from the movie and looked down at him, "I'm not sure what I'm doing."

"What?" He sat up on his elbows.

She sighed, "I came back for a funeral and was supposed to go back home the following day. It's been three weeks since that day and I'm still here."

He nodded, "Because of tonight."

"Because of tonight," she repeated and cleared her throat, "and because I missed everybody. Even you, for whatever reason."

He chuckled at the last part.

"You treat me like shit because you're strung out, nice when you're sober and then tonight..."

"To be fair you turned on me once I told you I knew who you were."

"Yeah well, " she sighed.

"Had I known your terms for staying I would have waited until you were leaving. But it was killing me to keep it to myself. I missed you so much when you disappeared. I told myself it was because of what I started in that bedroom and what we did.

I just kept to myself minus the random flings. Then we dropped record after record; the girls-"

She put her hand up to stop him, "You really did hurt me. I realized I had feelings for you. The last day I was still here, I saw you with her. I wanted to say goodbye but I saw you kissing on her like you did with me, and I just...I got in the car with my mom and we moved across the country. I moped around for about a month before I snapped back to reality. I loathed you for the longest time.

Half way through the rest of school, Matt figured out my number. We began talking again and it made me miss you guys even more. After some time he managed to talk me into coming to a couple shows for your second album. He offered backstage passes and everything, but I refused because that meant I'd have to see you. Eventually we were out of touch again, until three weeks ago."

She cleared her throat and wiped away tears.

"I had no idea."

"Because I made Matt promise to keep his mouth shut, no matter how much he wanted to say something," she shrugged.

He nodded, "I get it."

"Good."

She closed her eyes as his hand gently caressed her cheek. He brushed a chunk of pink bangs from her face, and used his thumb to wipe away a fresh lens of tears. He pulled her closer to him, lips almost touching hers.

"Please don't," she whispered, opening her eyes again to look at him.

He nodded and dropped his hand from her face, "You should probably head to bed."

She nodded slowly and rose to her feet. When she went to walk off, he quickly grabbed her wrist and pulled her in for a kiss. Hearing the front door's knob turning, Joanna quickly ran up to the guestroom, ignoring Tony's words.

What had she just allowed to happen?