Status: Thanks for reading!

Battery

The smell of burning flesh suddenly assaulted me, choking me; suffocating me.

“Luc-… ifer,” I gasped in horror.

“Sh, a few more seconds.”

My lungs shriveled without fresh air.

“Lucifer,” I urged breathlessly.

He let out an annoyed huff of breath.

He pulled his hands away from my skin, forcefully throwing my arm into my chest, and I felt mild relief then. I gulped down air rapidly, squeezing my eyes shut. The pain was overwhelming.

“You know, for an angel battery, you’re unbelievably weak.”

I watched him suck his fingers, licking the blood off his hands and wiping them on his shirt. My stomach turned with horror. I cradled my arm to my chest, grinding my teeth, seething with pain and anger. My eyes flooded with tears, hot with hatred and anguish.

It’s good enough for you, I thought.

Tonight, I was running away or I was dying.

The end game was always death. I knew that all along. And, I was ready to go.


-

This one shot stems from a weird dream I had. Couldn't get Lucy out of my head for days so I figured I'd write something. Let me know what you think. Might turn this into a story someday.

Set after Season 12, after *redacted* comes to Earth 1 and kills *redacted* using *redacted's* body.

Rated R for a language, a little physical and emotional abuse here, and a little sexual violence there.

Thanks for reading!