Status: To continue or not?

The Impostor Blood Magician

Where it all began

I had always wanted to be a blood doctor. Always helping the human creatures replenish their blood after accidents. I've seen so many accidents where they bleed out and die. You know how humans have pet dogs and cats? My kind have pet humans. I've always wanted to help as many as possible and the best way to do so is by being a blood doctor, or in my world, a blood magician. Blood magicians is one of the highest appealing jobs and everyone wishes to become one, but only the top rated magicians can become a blood magician. They go through rigorous schooling and internships for the slightest chance at becoming one. I on the other hand, am a different bred. I stole a dead blood magicians identity to fulfill my dream.
The story starts like this, my mother who died at childbirth was a blood magician and I had always heard stories of all the humans she saved. I knew I wanted to live up to her legacy, so I went to school and studied the magic of blood, I practiced any time I could. It was never enough. Some people just have the ability, while others don't . I'm one who doesn't, but wasn't giving up.
I had an interview half way through schooling for an internship, I went in and had practiced and practiced my answers. When they asked how knowledgeable I was, I panicked and told them I was proficient in blood magic. Between that and my karmic personality, they on the spot told me I had the job after I finished school the following months. I didn't expect to get the job, I didn't plan to lie. It just sort of happened.
This wouldn't have been a problem if I was passing my classes, but I was. I was failing all of my classes except for one. I was passing "history of blood magicians" with flying colors. I was the only one in the class who knew who "Hoot Owl" was. He was a lesser known blood magician who studied with the larger known "Cherry Bark." Bark discovered that we could turn into blood to help them, without giving a part of ourselves to the human. He was the one who discovered how humans have different blood types and what blood type they can be given. Owl was Bark's assistant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Should I continue or ditch the story idea?