Status: updated as much as possible!

Post Traumatic

I'm Just Trying To

(Mike's POV)

I stood there absolutely stunned but still holding onto Kelsey tightly all the while she continued to sob loudly and uncontrollably. I was at a complete loss for words, I didn't know what to say. I guess the proper thing to do would be to comfort her, of course. But my hands were shaking so violently and my body felt stiff, I couldn't hardly move. "I don't know how this happened, I'm so sorry Mike." Mike, she hadn't called me by my name in what felt like so long now, it was almost foreign to hear her say it. I snapped out of it as best as I could before I pressed a kiss to her head and began to rub small circles into her back to try and soothe her some. It almost seemed to be working until she immediately brought it up again. "I didn't get my period last week or the week before that but I didn't think it was any big deal until I started to feel sick and couldn't even hold down the food you brought me earlier. I am so sorry, I know you have so much to deal with already and aren't possibly ready to handle this type of situation. If you want to take me to the health clinic tomorrow to get this taken care of, we can go."

Instantly I shake my head, telling her to not talk like that. "Kelsey, baby, I love you so much, this isn't your fault at all. It's mine too, remember? It takes two people to make a baby not just one. So this is a little slip up, so what? Maybe this is what we've been looking for all along, a chance for a new beginning that we've always wanted, to start our own family together. There won't be anyone standing in the way of this, it'll be just me and you through it all. But of course, if you're not ready, I know this is as big of a shock to you as it to me, then I'll accept any decision that you're willing to make. If you don't want to have a child right now, then you have my full and complete support babe. I'm here for you Kelsey, I promise on my life. I promise on Chester that I'll never abandon you throughout any of this." She looked up at me, her bright brown eyes still leaking with tears but a weak smile soon appearing on her lips. I couldn't hold back any longer as I kissed her now, feeling the wave of tension start to slowly lift away from both of us. "You really mean that, babe? You mean everything that you just said?"

Of course I meant everything, I would give my life for her. "Absolutely babe. I'd die for you in an instant Kelsey. I literally would give my last breath in my body if it meant being able to save you." And cue to the heavy sobs and hyperventilating as I say those words to her next. I continue to try and calm her down once again, telling her over and over that I love her and that I'm here for her. It takes about a half an hour but eventually I get her to relax long enough to get her inside the car and drive her home. Once in the driveway, I tell her that I want her to move in with me without any hesitation. "What? How can I do that? You live in such a small place already, I don't want to overcrowd you with all my stuff." She had a very valid point, I did live in a tiny apartment that barely suited me and all of my recording shit. "Look, how about you come move in with me. I have an empty room here and it's barely a few blocks away from your place and it's only fifteen minutes away from Tali and the kids. Think about it and let me know babe. I love you, I'll call you later." We kiss once more before I tell her that I'll think about her offer and drive away in the opposite direction.

My mind is still spinning as I continue to rethink everything that had just occurred in the last hour. Kelsey was now pregnant, with my child. She got arrested and almost spent the night in jail, because of me and my ex wife. And all after literally only being back in my life for a single month. How I managed to keep screwing things up, I had no idea. I guess that was just my damn luck nowadays. I continue to drive aimlessly for the next hour until finally coming to an agreement that I needed more help on this situation. I flip the next U turn at a stoplight and head straight toward Chester's house. I must have been going about sixty miles an hour because I had gotten there in almost record time. "Uncle Mike!!" My usual greeting from the twins comes almost instantaneously as I walk up the cobblestone pathway towards the front door. "Hey girls, where's mommy?" They point in unison to the deck where indeed Talinda is sitting on a lounge chair looking out into the ocean. I try my best not to startle her as I take the empty seat beside hers. "I had a dream earlier this morning when I had taken a nap. You wanna know what I saw?" Her voice is soft and almost trance like as she continues to stare out into the skyline, the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks below us.

It was almost predictable that she was going to say it was about Chester, but I wanted to let her tell me anyways. "I dreamed that I was getting out of bed when the sun was barely rising over the cliff side. That when I stepped out, I could see a person standing in this exact spot, gazing out into the same ocean that we are right now, but the face wasn't entirely clear to me. Only as I stepped closer towards them, the face became more recognizable. I could feel that person reach out their hand to me and pull me close beside them. The sun was shining brighter now which altered my vision some as I tried to look that person in the eyes but I could still make out the facial features. And suddenly they turned away from the light and I knew then who I was looking at. Oh, the smile on my face grew exaggeratedly wide. His gorgeous brown eyes were beaming now and a grin was evident on his beautiful face. He looked so handsome in the sunlight, like a true angel glowing in the rays. He said 'I love you' to me and I could feel his embrace. It was the most surreal dream that I had ever had."

Tears are running down both our cheeks now once she finishes and I can't help but to hug her tightly. I knew it was Chester's way of telling her that he was always with her, but I also knew that it still broke her heart to know that he wasn't really there physically. "I miss him so much, more and more everyday. But enough about me, what's wrong? You seem more upset about something, is everything okay with you and Kelsey?" I draw in a sharp breath as I try to pull myself together to begin explaining everything that had went down. "I went to visit him and just talk about everything that was going on. But on my way back, I saw Kels standing by my car, crying and sobbing bad. I asked her what had happened and she shoved a fucking pregnancy test in my hands. It was positive, Tali. She's pregnant and neither her or I know what to do about it now. She said she didn't get her period in the last couple of weeks and she was feeling under the weather so that's why she had taken it in the first place. She doesn't know if she wants to keep the baby or anything. I'm so confused as it is, I don't know what I want to do either. I told her that I'm going to be there and support her through everything, she even asked me to move in. But I'm just so lost, so fucking lost."

She puts a hand to my shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. I'm on the verge of tears as I continue to talk about it and Tali just keeps a calm and nurturing voice the entire time. Damn moms, they always know how to help fix just about anything. "I think it's a great idea that you two move in together, it'll give you both a chance to work everything out better. Especially since you're busy with your music now, in case if anything is to happen, you'll be much closer to her. As for the pregnancy situation, I think it'll be best if the both of you make an appointment and go to the doctor together to get accurate results. When I was pregnant with the twins, I had no idea it was two of them. Chester knew it was going to be a girl, but definitely not two. Needless to say, we were both shocked but still so happy and excited that we were having them. It was like a bonus surprise to our already very happy family. So just take things slowly and one day at a time until you're completely positive that she is indeed pregnant. She's head over heels for you just like you are for her so this is just an added bonus for the both of you, think of it that way. Your dream girl is possibly having your baby, how awesome does that sound? And don't even worry about not having enough support, because you have me and all the guys. We're one big family, you know that, and you'll always have us."

I give her another tight and long embrace before then telling her the original idea that I had first planned on doing before I had found out about her news. "I was planning on asking Kels to marry me, Tali. I want her to be mine and only mine for the end of days. I don't want anyone else, I wouldn't have anyone else, I just want her. I was going to ask her after I had finished up and released the album in the next year. But I don't know what to do now, I feel like things are happening so fast." She smiles at me, giving me a light slap on the arm. "If there's anyone I know that can figure out things better than I can, it's you, Mike. I agree, you should wait a little while until you both are completely settled and sure of what you both want but don't stray away from that idea one bit. I'd love to see you finally happy and settling down with your true love. It'll be so worth it in the end, you'll see. Just take it day by day and before you know it, you'll be walking down the isle with your bride waiting for you at the altar. Mrs. Kelsey Ann Shinoda, doesn't that sound romantic?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahh, so cute and I literally cried as I wrote out Talinda's dream about Chester. Anyways! Thank you all for the love and support, I hope you like this one Kels! xx