Status: updated as much as possible!

Post Traumatic

What's The Difference Between

(Mike's POV)

The following day I couldn't tell you exactly how I had felt about everything that had happened between Kelsey and I. It was a mix between happiness also with a bit of uncertainty. She finally had told me everything that she had ever held back and I in return did the same. She loved me, I loved her. It could only get better from here, right? Wrong. Now I would have to deal with the continuous backlash from Anna. She had been hassling me all morning so far, saying she knew that Kelsey was at my new place, she saw. I wasn't sure what exactly bothered me more; the fact she was stalking my every move or the lies and hatred she kept spewing about Kelsey. It all was pathetic and childish, I didn't want any part of it. She was the one who left in my time of need, she was the one who abandoned me when I was and still am at my worst. She claimed to love my best friend, but that was all a lie too. If she really cared about him like she says she did, she wouldn't have left his friends in the dark. She wouldn't be slandering the woman he loved and cared deeply about, she would stop it all.

"The world will know the truth about you, Michael Shinoda. You never gave a shit about C, you only cared about the fame and the image that he created for you. Now that he's gone, you're nothing. You're just a washed up musician living in the past, too stupid to let go of your silly dream of being relevant again. Give it up, please. You're only ruining your own life, no one else's. It's really pathetic." Those words had replayed themselves over and over again in my head as I kept my eyes glued to the screen of my phone. She really had gone that far this time, she had finally done it. She pushed me directly off of the edge and there was no coming back from it. How dare she say that I didn't love him, that I didn't care about him. I devoted my whole life to him, to our music, to our band. He's my brother, my best friend, a whole half of my heart. Without him, I'll never be complete again. So how can she really sit there and say that I only used him for the things he gave? She was the one being pathetic and very spiteful at that. She had no right to drag me through the dirt like that, I had enough of this shit.

When I gathered my thoughts long enough, I decided to get dressed in at least a clean shirt before I grabbed my keys and headed off into the unknown. I knew that I was probably being followed, but I had no other choice, I needed help and I needed it now. "Kelsey. We need to talk, please." She looked at me slightly frightened as I practically barged in through the front door, her huge cat that lay in the window only peeking open one eye to glare at me before returning back to its slumber. Without another word she quickly followed me into the back of the store, motioning for me to sit. I put my head in my hands before sighing deeply, suddenly feeling like I was going to cry at any minute. "What's going on, Mike? What's wrong?" I didn't exactly know how to answer her. What was I supposed to even say? That my now ex wife was becoming a stalker and harassing me? That she was dragging me through hell and making sure that she took everyone I loved with me? It was all so embarrassing let alone sad. We weren't even officially dating yet and already there was so much drama involved. "Is it about us?" I shake my head no. "Is it about Anna?" Bingo, there you go.

"What about her? What's going on?" I briefly begin to explain about all the messages that Anna had sent and about how she knew that I was with her the other night at my new apartment. I even went as far to show her the message about me not loving Chaz. When I looked up, there was an infinite rage building up inside Kelsey's eyes. Her jaw was clenched tight and her hands were balled into fists before she proceeded to slam them hard into the table. I knew I shouldn't have come here, this was exactly the thing that I was afraid of most. "We're going to go have a chat with her. I'm gonna leave one of the girls here to look after this place. Lets go." She says the entire sentence mostly through gritted teeth before she grabs onto my hand and pulls me alongside her back to the front of the store. There, she lets a young girl named Lee know partially what's going on and that she'll be back as soon as possible before I'm once again being dragged by my hand outside. "I don't even know where she could be right now, Kels. She's probably following me, who knows. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought this up to you-" She immediately cuts me off. "I love him too, Mike. Almost as much as I love you. And I'm not going to sit there and let anyone talk bad about any of us. No fucking way."

And without another word, we got into my car and began our hunt for Anna. I knew she more than likely had to be at our old house, there really wasn't anywhere else she could go. But I wanted to really be sure she hadn't gone over to Tali's and tried to spew her venom at them so I called them on my way out. They had enough going on already, especially with the media bringing so much negative attention towards her and the entire family. Chester had only been gone exactly a fucking month today, this shit was not needed nor wanted. "Hey T, you haven't seen Anna around this morning, have you? Or has she tried to contact you at all?" She tells me no, that she's been purposely ignoring and dodging all contact with Anna because she truly believes now that she was the one who had leaked all that information out to the media about C the other day. My stomach twisted and tied itself up into knots, making me feel like I was going to puke the minute I had heard her say that. If she really did those things, there definitely was no coming back from that at all, she needed to be dealt with. "Oh my God. Well listen Tali, Kelsey and I are looking for her. She's been posting all kinds of shit and just dragging all of us through hell. If you see her, let me know, please?"

She tells me that she will keep me updated but to be extra careful and to make sure nothing happens to Kelsey either. I promise to her that we'll be fine, that I promise to check in on her and the kids later on but she insists that I continue to spend as much time reconnecting with Kels as possible, giving me another quick lesson on just how important time really is before hanging up with me. I grip onto Kelsey's hand with my free one, looking over at her every so often when I can. She really is beautiful, there was no ever denying that. The years apart definitely did her well, she looked more vibrant than when I had last saw her. "Look! That's her!" I slam on the brakes suddenly as Kelsey points out the window. There in fact was Anna, standing outside my old house with a camera in hand. I pull up to the curb, making sure that Kelsey and I don't necessarily trespass on the property before getting out of the car. "Get the fuck out of here, Mike. Especially you, you home wrecking bitch. I knew you always had to have my leftovers, you never could find anything for your own self, huh Kelsey? That's why you went behind Talinda's back and came after Chester. You're nothing but a piece of trash, the both of you. Now get the fuck out of here before I call the cops."

Before I'm able to even say one word to her, Kelsey basically leaps off of the sidewalk and bombards her in a swift tackle to the ground. I rush over to them, trying to pry Kelsey off of Anna as I knew her threats about calling the cops were more than truthful. But it was no use, Kelsey was able to keep me off like a bat out of hell, shoving me back onto the hard ground. "How fucking dare you, you spiteful and disgusting bitch. I never hooked up with Chester, he's my best friend. Before you keep spewing your lies, he kissed me! And it was before him and Talinda were even together! She knows it too! I told her way even before they got serious that there was a moment between us but it was purely friendship. She understands, she doesn't care! She loves her husband, she'll never do anything to harm his name. So why can't you just fucking stop it, Anna? Why do you continue to keep following Mike and trash talking everyone? Why? Is it because you're fucking jealous? Because the attention isn't all on you anymore? You wrote one fucking book and it only sold because of who your ex husband was. Not because people actually fucking like you, because they were doing it for Mike's sake. But you know what? He's mine now and you fucked it all up for your own self. You'll never have him back, ever. Over my dead fucking body. And as for you even trying to say that Mike never loved Chaz, is the lowest of low."

Anna's face is covered in blood as Kelsey had let her have a couple good blows to the face before I'm finally able to get her off of her, but suddenly the sound of sirens are surrounding us in an instant. Someone, more than likely Anna's nosy neighbor Karen, had called the cops. It's not long before all three of us are being questioned and separated in different police cruisers with the exception of the paramedics getting a good look over at Anna. I explain to them the entire situation; that Anna had been harassing us, sending me threatening and hateful messages, which I thankfully saved so I could show them. But some of it didn't matter; although Anna had been the one to start all of the drama, I legally had no reason to bring Kelsey over here and assault her on her own property. Even though we weren't legally divorced yet, I had given her the house, meaning I was now trespassing, the both of us were. So, in other words, Anna had every right, as well as I did, to press charges against one another. I was told to file a restraining order as was she, right before I watched Kelsey before myself be placed into handcuffs. They assured me Anna would be detained as well after she was cleared by medical personnel, but that didn't ease any of my pain at all. This never should have happened at all in the first place. I walked right into my own death sentence.

Right before we're both put into the backseats to be hauled off to the county jail downtown, I yell out to Kelsey just really how sorry I am. "We'll be out in no time, Kels. I'm so sorry. But just know, I love you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Whew, drama! I hope you really like this one Kelsey, I was hoping it would be well worth the wait! there's plenty more in store for these two, don't you worry! xx