True Stories of Adoption

Phil

Like many around the globe, Phil was interested in helping orphaned children. He had always had a building sense of wanting help. He was only 14 years old when his own parents adopted a child from across the seas. Phil's parents took him and his older brother with them when they went to pick up his new baby sister. He grew up wanting to also adopt; he wanted to save the world one child at a time. Around 2007 Phil and his wife, Angela, decided to look into adoption. The couple decided to do mission work in the same country his sister was from. They came across orphanages in their mission work and together had a strong desire to adopt one of these children. As soon as they were home, Phil and Angela officially began the adoption process. From the time the couple started to the time they stepped foot into their home with their new child, 3 years had passed. In that time, they filled out countless pieces of paper, multiple information packets, compiled lists of references and certificates. The adoption however didn’t end well. During those 8 years, the boy became physically and verbally violent. Phil's family was almost destroyed by this child. The adoptive father and mother were eventually forced to put their adopted boy into foster care. Before the adoption, it was known that the boy had suffered abuse and been abandoned. It was not known how severely and what the effects would be later on. This child almost destroyed the family that adopted him, which included threats to their lives. They were forced to give him away before he could kill them. Sometimes being selfless is your own undoing. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think. How can I make it better? Let me know if you'd be interested in another short story.