Christmas in the City

Christmas in the City

As much as she enjoyed her time living in Boston, she was looking forward to heading home for the holiday’s. Work had been draining her and it was time for a well deserved vacation. She was a hard working Lawyer at a popular office in downtown Boston. Most days she loved her job, and other times she wouldn’t mind just calling it a day. She had moved to Boston with her boyfriend a year ago and she loved it. She had a beautiful two bedroom apartment in the city close to her office. She got really lucky to be able to work so close to home.

She was supposed to be making the three hour drive to Western Mass where her parents lived after work that night. But once she got out of work, she realized that she wasn’t leaving Boston anytime soon. The snow must have started falling hours ago and she just never realized it.

“Well shit, there’s no way we’re going to be able to leave the city tonight.” She muttered to herself. She sent a quick text to her boyfriend before leaving work and taking the short walk to her apartment in the snow. He was supposed to be getting out of work shortly and they would discuss it then.

She was disappointed that they weren’t going to be able to make it to her parents tonight but their safety was more important than braving the drive. Even having a brand new Subaru Ascent wasn’t worth the risk.

When she got home a few minutes later, her dog ran to the door to greet her. She had adopted a Black German Shepherd a year ago and he was her best friend. She set her stuff down in the bedroom and decided to take a shower before he got home.

When she got out of the shower and out of the bedroom, she had noticed that the lights were dimmed and the table was set up for a beautiful dinner.

“What’s all this?” She asked him once she entered the kitchen.

“Well since the weather had other plans, I figured we could enjoy a nice dinner at home.” He said.

With that, they settled in for a beautiful dinner. With the snow falling in the background, they enjoyed their Christmas in the City.
♠ ♠ ♠
not a fan of how this came out, but it is what it is.