Summer Camp

Stupid Cell Phones.

There was only three days left until the dance, which is only three days to get asked by someone I don’t even know to the dance. Forget the fact it’s going to be someone I hardly know, I don’t even know who I want to ask me to the dance in the first place. Am I making sense? This whole dance situation is getting under my skin.

“Mel…”

“What?!” I snapped back, all the frustration was getting to me. Unfortunately I chose to throw it all on the wrong person.

“I’m sorry Nick. I didn’t mean to snap at you.” I apologized.

“You know if it’s a wrong time, I can always come back later…” He said as he started to turn away.

“No Nick, it’s my fault really.” I apologized again, moved a little to the left of the bench, and gestured Nick to sit down.

He gave me a small smile, and sat beside me.

“So, you want to tell me why you had that little freak out?” He asked.

“Well,” I let out a little laugh. “The thing is, I’ve been a little frustrated lately.” I admitted.

“Oh. You want to tell me why you’re so frustrated?” He asked.

“You know we aren’t playing twenty questions.” I laughed.

“Well, then we officially are. So now answer the question.”

“Fine, the reason I'm so frustrated is because the dance is coming up soon, and I don’t even know who I want to go with.”

“Well, why don’t we go together?” He asked.

“You’d really want to go with me?” I asked.

“Yeah.” He smiled.

“Wow, thanks Nick.” I smiled.

“No, thank you.”

“Why thank me?” I asked.

“Well, the reason I came to see you was because I actually wanted to ask you to the dance, but you telling me you already didn’t have a date made it ten times easier. I would have thought someone asked you already.”

“You kidding me, it’s been awhile someone has ever asked me out on a date.” I admitted.

“Why not, you’re beautiful.” He commented.

I blushed at his comment he gave me.

“Thanks.” I smiled.

As I said this I could see Nick leaning in closer to me. Was it really what I thought? Was Nick Jonas really going to kiss me? Maybe I had something in my teeth, and he was just leaning in to take it off? Oh, gosh Melanie. Just stop talking to yourself, and see what happens.

I'm slipping into the lava
And I'm trying to keep from going under
Baby
You turn the temperature hotter
'Cause I'm burnin' up
Burnin' up
For you baby.

I sighed. I took my phone and looked at the screen to see who was calling. Amber… I made a mental note to kill her when I see her.

“Sorry.” I said as I turned my phone off.

“It’s no problem, well I better get going. I’ll see you around.” He smiled, as he got up and left.

“Bye Nick.” I sighed as he left. Thanks Amber, thanks a lot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yo,
Sorry for the little wait.
It's a crappy chapter, I know.
I'm hoping to get some more drama into the next ones.
This one was actually supposed to be like super dramatic, but it didn't work out that way.
Next chapter I'll try very hard for that to happen.
And if you want comment with some dramatic ideas,
I need them :)