Summer Camp

Have You Ever Thought of American Idol?

Three hours later I arrived at Camp. I took a step outside my moms car, and took a deep breath of the fresh air. I looked around and noticed the scenery was beautiful here. There was a clear view of the lake from the main hall. I wonder what it looks like when the sun is setting.

“Mel, don’t worry. You’ll have a blast here, and you’ll meet new friends.” My mom reassured me after she finished talking with one of the counselors, and got my cabin number.

“Okay. Bye mom.” I said taking the piece of paper with my cabin number on it, and walking off to it.

“No hug?” She asked.

“Fine.” I sighed jokingly and went to hug her. My dark brown hair fell in front of my light blue eyes as I hugged her.

“If you need anything, call me.” She said while I placed back my hair.

“Alright. Now go, it’s not like I’m going to be gone forever.” I laughed while she got back into the car.

“Bye mom. Oh and tell dad I say Hi, and then Bye?” I said a little confused.

“Well you know what I mean.”

“Alright, Bye Mel. Have a good time.” She said driving off.

I turned around and started to walk around. I reached a row of cabins and decided to look for mine. Cabin number 12… found it. I walked up the steps and opened the door. I saw someone was already in here, but their back was turned.

“Hey.” I said. She didn’t turn around. Well, that’s rude.

I walked up behind her and tapped her shoulder.

She turned around and I saw earphones in her ears which led to her Ipod. Oops, that’s why she didn’t hear me.

She smiled at me and took the earphones out of her ears.

“You must be my cabin buddy, I’m Ashley.”

“Hey. I’m Melanie, but call me Mel.” I smiled back at her. She had very pretty green eyes, and white long blonde hair. She didn’t exactly strike me as a camper, more like a Billabong model or something.

“Out of curiosity, what do you even do at camp?” I didn’t even know, and I had to ask somebody.

“Not a camp type of girl eh?” She asked.

“Well… yeah.” I nodded.

“Well at this camp, it’s all about music. Whether you’re a singer, guitarist, pianist or anything. We do everything here. We learn all the concepts of music. And occasionally, rocking out.” She laughed. This place didn’t seem so bad.

“Cool. To tell you the truth, I didn’t even want to come here in the first place.” I admitted. “I was originally planning on staying in my room all summer.”

“You weren’t even going to hang out with your friends?” She asked.

“They’re all on vacation originally leaving me alone this summer, but my mom out of nowhere decided I come here.”

“Do you have any musical talents?” She asked.

“I sing, but it’s nothing professional or anything.”

“Sing.”

“What?” I asked confused. Did she really want me to sing?

“Sing.” I shook my head. “Come on, you have to sing in front of the new counselors anyways.”

“Fine.”

I began to sing Shadow by Demi Lovato. I finished the song and there was no reaction from Ashley.

“Okay, you know if you think I’m bad please just tell me now and save me from more embarrassment later.”

“No, no. I think you are amazing! Where did you get a voice like that?” She asked surprised.

“Thanks, and my mom.”

“Wow, you’re really talented. Have you ever thought of American Idol?”

“For a while now. So anyways, what musical talents bring you here?” I asked.

“I play the guitar, it’s always been a passion of mine.”

“Cool.”

Ashley took a glance down at her Juicy Couture watch.

“Its almost three o’clock and the counselors want us in the main hall then, you want to head over?” She asked.

“Sure.”

We headed out the door from our cabin to the trail that lead to the main hall.

“I heard there’s going to be three new counselors.” Ashley informed me.

“Oh really?”

“Yeah, and apparently they’re in the music industry.”

Whoa hold it, music industry. “ Sounds like things are getting a little more interesting around here.”
♠ ♠ ♠
whoa,
lack of comments much.
I love that people are reading my sotries, but no comments?
not even a :thats was good. or even a that sucked. idc,
but comments are love homies.