The Serpents Den

CH. 3 The New Job

If it wasn't for Steven knocking on my door this morning I would have slept through my alarm clock. WHO WAKES UP AT 5AM ANYWAYS? "News never sleeps, neither does the city," Alex reminded. Before we left for the Herald we stopped at a coffee shop next to the park. The boys were so sweet, Alex held my hand walking over, Steven payed for my coffee, and both took turns tucking me under their arm as we walked. If I didn't know any better I had two boyfriends, every girl's dream right? But I was sorely brought back to reality when they sneaked a kiss to each other. "We here," Steven sighed, I stared up at the building already seeing people run back and forth inside through the windows. "Dont worry," Alex rubbed my shoulders, "Your gonna do great, but a word to the wise, when Travis says jump you JUMP," he advised with a octave change in voice. "Whose Travis?" I asked, Steven smirked, "Oh you'll see," he chimed. We took the elevator up some floors but Steven had to leave use on floor three, "I will see you guys at the end of the day," he comforted, "Bye babe," Alex whimpered as both men kissed. "What floor are we?" I asked Alex, "Oh, we are on the fifth floor, that's where the first and second years go for training with Travis," Alex almost hissed as he said his name. "Whats the big deal with Travis?" I asked wide eyes, before I could get an answer the doors of the elevator opened again, "Come on," ALex grabbed my hand, :Lets get a chair before they're all taken," he advised.