There Was You

19: I’ve Wanted To Do That All Day

Gently tugging his tie loose from underneath his collar, Iker let out a soft sigh in relief, more than a little glad that he had finally made it back to the hotel room that Marisol and Nuno had rented for him. It had been a good night, aside from his conversation with Isabella, he had spent the night meeting and getting to know a variety of Marisol and Nuno’s guests, including Riley’s family, and whilst he had enjoyed himself, he was more than ready to get some sleep.

He hadn’t expected to stay until the party had finished, with him knowing relatively few of Marisol and Nuno’s friends or family, he had expected that he could make his excuses early and head up to the room that they’d been kind enough to get for him, but when Riley had walked him over to her father and brother, all of his plans had flown out of the window. They’d spent a while talking, Isaac and Garrett, Riley’s older brother, had been more than happy to ramble tipsily about football with him, but what Iker had enjoyed most was spending time with Riley who’d stuck around, determined to ensure that neither her father or brother said anything too embarrassing.

Smiling a little to himself, he began to undo the buttons of his shirt before he shrugged it off of his shoulders, settling it down on the bed. Stepping across the room, he moved to lift up the overnight bag that he’d left on the floor before the sound of a knock at the door reached his ears. Sighing, he plopped the bag at the end of the bed before he stepped back across the room, pulling the door open.

Riley, who stood on the other side, blinked a couple of times at the sight of him before she shook her head, diverting her stare down towards her feet. “I...I didn’t mean to disturb you” she murmured softly “I just...you know what? Never mind. Goodnight, Iker” she muttered as she attempted to take a step away from the door.

Iker, however, was quicker, gently capturing her wrist in his hand. “What do you need, Riley?” he asked.

Riley shook her head, her cheeks a soft shade of pink. “It’s really nothing” she murmured “I shouldn’t have bothered you” she added.

“But you did” Iker countered impishly “So now that you have, you might as well tell me what you need” he added.

Riley looked up shyly before she let out a soft sigh. “I need somewhere to sleep” she murmured gently.

Iker furrowed his forehead. “Marisol didn’t get her maid of honor a room?” he quipped.

“She did” Riley replied “But that was before my brother-in-law’s business trip moved. I was supposed to share with Mia, but then Jonah’s plans changed and he could make it to the wedding after all. Now there’s a ‘do not disturb’ sign on my door” she added, wrinkling her nose a little.

Iker breathed out a soft laugh at the expression on her face before he shook his head, stepping out of the doorway.

Riley tilted her head. “Are you sure?” she asked.

Iker shrugged, smiling a little. “You can go back to your room if you want to” he quipped.

Riley hesitated for a second before she shuffled into the room, allowing Iker to step close to her as he moved to close the door behind her. Blinking a couple of times, she allowed her eyes to drop down to his chest momentarily before she cleared her throat, putting a little distance between the two of them. Iker watched her step back before he looked down, a soft blush spreading across his cheeks. “I was changing” he spluttered “When you knocked, I was getting ready to go to bed. I should...” he trailed off as he leant towards the bed, pulling a t-shirt out of his bag and over his head.

Riley shook her head, bashfully tucking her hair back off of her face. “It’s OK” she mused softly.

Iker smiled at her shyly, allowing a few seconds of quiet to pass between them, before he cleared his throat, moving to collect the shirt he had taken off from the bed. “You can take this” he noted softly “I mean, you didn’t bring anything with you, and I didn’t think you’d want to sleep in that dress. I mean, you can if you want to, I was just...” he trailed off as Riley leant forwards, carefully taking the shirt out of his hand.

“Thank you” Riley mused, smiling gently.

Iker offered her a sheepish look before he gestured over her shoulder. “The bathroom’s through there” he noted.

Riley nodded before she stepped past him, making her way into the bathroom.

~#~
“Are you really sure that you don’t mind me staying here?” Riley called from the bathroom, running her fingers through her slightly messy hair. She was a little annoyed, when she had spoken to Mia at the reception, she had gotten her sister’s word that she would be able to back to her room, and she was irked that she couldn’t, even more so since it had led to her awkwardly showing up at Iker’s door.

“If I did, I wouldn’t have let you in” Iker called back.

Riley smiled a little to herself, picturing the smirk on his face that his voice confided was there, before she shook her head, sparing a timid look towards the mirror. Scanning her reflection, she carefully adjusted Iker’s shirt around herself before she turned towards the door. Taking in a breath, she attempted to stifle the flurry of butterflies which thumped in her stomach, before she pulled it open, cautiously stepping back into the room.

Iker, who’d been hanging his suit jacket up, looked up at the sound of the bathroom door opening before he felt his breath catch, his eyes settled on Riley who lingered in the doorway, shyly pulling at his shirt which hung off of her. Blinking a couple of times, he looked her up and down before he pulled his stare away, fixing it back on the hanger he held.

Riley watched his eyes, feeling her cheeks flush, before she shook her head, pushing her hair behind her ear. “I’m really sorry about this” she murmured.

Iker, who’d been hanging the hanger on the wardrobe door, quirked a small smile. “It’s really fine” he noted, sparing her a slight look.

Riley looked at him doubtfully, but didn’t say anything, instead padding cautiously towards the bed. Leaning forwards, she hesitantly tugged back the duvet before she felt Iker’s eyes on her, something which caused her to tilt her head, catching his eyes before he turned away. Smiling shyly, she carefully climbed into the bed before she rested her back against the headboard, watching as Iker stepped around the bed. “I meant to say thank you” she mumbled softly.

Iker, who’d moved to climb into the other side of the bed, looked up at the sound of her voice. “Hm?” he asked.

“For spending time with my family” Riley clarified gently “I mean, you really didn’t have to. It was...it was sweet of you” she added, fussing with the duvet.

Iker shrugged, trying to distract from the blush on his cheeks. “They’re nice” he quipped “Mia’s funny, Matilda’s adorable, and Garrett and your papa...they’re just nice people. I liked spending time with them, Ry” he added.

Riley smiled down at the blanket. “They liked you too” she mused quietly.

Iker marvelled at the soft smile on her lips, allowing a few seconds of silence to pass between, before he cleared his throat a little. “I’m...uh....” he stumbled out softly “I’m going back to Madrid in a couple of days” he noted.

Riley nodded. “I know you are” she quipped “You told my papa that and then he complained that I don’t go back enough” she added.

“Then come back with me” Iker announced “Just for a few days. Your parents fly back tomorrow, and it’d be nice to spend time with them, no?” he spluttered.

Riley laughed softly. “You didn’t have to say that” she mused “I knew you weren’t proposing a romantic couple’s trip” she added.

Iker wiped his brow playfully. “Good” he quipped “But I do mean it. A couple of days in Madrid, just the two of us, it sounds kind of nice, no?” he prodded, his voice a little uncertain.

Riley smiled a little, finding the uncertainty in his voice sweet, before she nodded, looking up at him gently. “It does” she confirmed.

Iker smiled down at her softly, allowing a couple of beats of quiet to pass between them, before he leant forwards, kissing her softly. Riley hesitated, but melted into the kiss, smiling into it gently before Iker pulled away, softly tucking her hair behind her ear again. “I’ve wanted to do that all day” he murmured teasingly.

Riley giggled and leant up, kissing him softly before she pulled back, softly pushing her fingertips through his hair. “Goodnight, Iker” she mumbled as she pulled away, curling up against her pillow.

“Goodnight, Riley” Iker replied quietly, grinning goofily to himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Jayme112234 and FootieJo for the comments :)